Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS P5K Deluxe - Intel P35 Bearlake + E6600 B1 / Q6600 B3

Xtreme Member
    I cant wait to see Canadian retailers selling this motherboard.

Xtreme Member
    a new retailer for me to purchase from. I normally buy from Ncix.com or pccanada.com

xtreme energy
    Nice Eva, if you have any 965 boards around please compare with 266 strap

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    Yes better than both.. not sure on specifics of power circuitry other than P5K Deluxe being 8-phase design
    They claim to have new generation 8 phase power that generates less heat

Where's the BIOS chip on this motherboard? I need to do a hot swap to recover from a bad BIOS flash.

I can't post now after i did a windows flash that did not complete successfully. The board is stuck in a startup, then shutdown after 3 secs loop.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Asus has done a great job delivering top notch oc capabilities from the first round of this platform and it should get better.

QFT!
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity
    Powered by Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

Quote Originally Posted by Jhya View Post
    Where's the BIOS chip on this motherboard? I need to do a hot swap to recover from a bad BIOS flash.

I can't post now after i did a windows flash that did not complete successfully. The board is stuck in a startup, then shutdown after 3 secs loop.
    Hello, I'have the same problem, how do I do a hot swap ?
    For information, the original bios is the 123, in other topic of the mothermoard, there is a link of this bios package.
    Thanks for all, if you can explain me how to do in private message it will be cool
    Last edited by minodemars; 05-15-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Good stuff George, I went with the P5K3 first to get the DDR3 stuff done first.

Asus has done a great job delivering top notch oc capabilities from the first round of this platform and it should get better.

thanks mate..

glad you guys like the info

As to bios chip it isn't replaceable it seems - first real downside of the board ?

See page 2-3 of manual for the board diagram

The bios chip is supposedly located at the centre point in between the last PCI3 and PCI-E 2 slot and the red IDE connector location. Directly in alignment with the battery. That would make the bios chip to be the soldered on square chip to the right of the 7 pin header ?

But it has Crash Free 3 bios feature see page 4-7 of manual... shove the included driver dvd disk the system and boot it up and it should attempt to do a recovery bios flash.

Have you guys tried clearing cmos overnight ?
    Last edited by eva2000; 05-15-2007 at 01:25 PM.
    ---

Xtreme Member
    Now that Hd 600xt isnt all I'd hoped, its time to sell the rd600 fast and cheap and get one of these babys or the gigabyte board?,to OC my q6600. Still hopin the r650 will be better. Can't make my mind up as to SLI or CF. Great work as usual eva, Thanks.
    "Fanbouyism is a disease we all carry but most have immune systems that keep it at bay. However when coupled with a bad dose of ignorance and Low IQ numbers, this disease can be accelerated out of control to boast insane amounts of irradic, Defensive, or Aggressive behaviour and unexplainable devotion to a product or label whether or not that item is truly deserving" -DR Ima Noober, June 1, 2003

Asus P5QL-Pro
    Kinston HyperX 4x2 gigs 5-5-515@ 1120 mghz
    Q6600 - 3.33 GHZ
    2x Sapphire 4870 1 gig
    Galaxie 850 PSU- this thing rocks
    audigy 2zs gamer
    4x Freezones to cool Proc. Idle @ 10c- Full load @29c(soon to be 5x in my new twelve hundred case)
    Vista ultimate 64

xtreme energy
    Yep, many new MBs have flash ROMs soldered on PCB since they hold more info than regular bios chips and are cheaper

Xtreme Member
    My P5K Deluxe is on the way!
    Hope it gets here by the weekend. I should have stuck with Asus in the first place.
    i5 760 @ 3.80Ghz (200x19) 1.25v | Asus P7P55D-E Pro
    2x EVGA 460GTX 1G | G.Skill 8G CL9 1600 @ 1600 8-8-8-24-1 1.60v
    2x WD 160G Raid 0 | Hitachi 750G | WD 1TB
    Antec Quattro 850w | CNPS 10X Performa
    Antec Twelve Hundred Case

thanks mate..

glad you guys like the info

As to bios chip it isn't replaceable it seems - first real downside of the board ?

See page 2-3 of manual for the board diagram

The bios chip is supposedly located at the centre point in between the last PCI3 and PCI-E 2 slot and the red IDE connector location. Directly in alignment with the battery. That would make the bios chip to be the soldered on square chip to the right of the 7 pin header ?

But it has Crash Free 3 bios feature see page 4-7 of manual... shove the included driver dvd disk the system and boot it up and it should attempt to do a recovery bios flash.

Have you guys tried clearing cmos overnight ?
    Thanks for the photos! It seems that there's no way to swap out the BIOS chip on this board...

How can i run the Crash Free recovery from the CD if the system turns off power after 3 secs, then turn back on again, then turn off... Looks like I'm stuck in this infinite loop and there's nothing I can do to make it load the CD or Floppy... If the BIOS chip was hot swappable, I wouldve at least been able to use a working BIOS chip to boot from the CD...

Oh wells, I think i gotta start the RMA process... It's a shame, as I had the system setup all perfectly last night, was at 7x500FSB with my E6420 and 4X1GB of crucial.

EVA ,

Crossfire support here is 16x and 4x thru southbridge as well? Or full support.....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhya
    Looks like I'm stuck in this infinite loop and there's nothing I can do to make it load the CD or Floppy...
    Have you tried to clear the CMOS as described on page 2-22 in the manual. If I was in this fix I'd first leave the power off for a couple of minutes and if that didn't work then leave it off over-night.
    | Intel Core i7-2600K | ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 | G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 | EVGA GTS 450 |
    | Swiftech APOGEE Drive II CPU Waterblock with Integrated Pump | XSPC RX360 | Swiftech MCP655-B Pump | XSPC Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir |
    | Thermaltake 850W PSU | NZXT SWITCH 810 | Windows 7 64-bit |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhya View Post
    Thanks for the photos! It seems that there's no way to swap out the BIOS chip on this board...

How can i run the Crash Free recovery from the CD if the system turns off power after 3 secs, then turn back on again, then turn off... Looks like I'm stuck in this infinite loop and there's nothing I can do to make it load the CD or Floppy... If the BIOS chip was hot swappable, I wouldve at least been able to use a working BIOS chip to boot from the CD...

Oh wells, I think i gotta start the RMA process... It's a shame, as I had the system setup all perfectly last night, was at 7x500FSB with my E6420 and 4X1GB of crucial.
    one reason why i always flash from bios ezflash or afudos.. windows just doesn't seem that safe heh

Quote Originally Posted by Iceflight View Post
    EVA ,

Crossfire support here is 16x and 4x thru southbridge as well? Or full support.....
    16x + 4x like P5B Deluxe.
    ---

Xtreme Member
    New place to buy the mobos. Pccanada.com http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=6191

Lowest price in Canada so far that ive seen

Hi

I am keeping a close eye on this thread, looking to get one of these boards soon. As I am still on a 939 setup.

Can you confirm, as I admit to being a complete N00B, as to if this board will run a Nvidia card (8800 Ultra or GTX) or will I have to look at the new ATI HD 2900 cards instead.

I seem to have read that people are using either and I am somewhat confused so clarification would be very much appreciated, thanks.
    MM U2-UFO Case
    AMD Opty 170 280@1.5v
    DFI Venus
    Mushkin Redline Extreme 2G
    XFX7800GTX Extreme Edition
    Storm G4 V2 block & Thermochill PA120.3 Rad
    DD NV78 & Theromchill PA120.1 Rad

Memory Addict
    Yeah you can run any PCI-E based card on the board... i'll be testing my 640MB Gainward 8800GTS later after i figure out the memory behaviour on the P5K Deluxe.

But then I have an eVGA 8800GTX + EK Delrin block that arrived today as well.. just need to setup watercooling loop for it

---

Xtreme Member
    Is there any compelling reason why I should upgrade to this mobo compared to what I have in my sig?
    Not a Dell.

Memory Addict
    probably not considering P5K Deluxe only has one IDE port and you have 2x dvd burners heh
    ---

Xtreme Enthusiast
    eva....Got my P5K-DLX last nite and been playing.
    I've noticed that the voltage damper is more effective with dual core than quad.

e.g. With 9 x 333 Bios set at 1.20 gives 1.168v idle for both cpu's.

E6600 @ 3000 = 1.160v under load
    Q6600 @ 3000= 1.152v under load

All measurements from cpu-z for reference.

Have you noticed the same?

Memory Addict
    use ai suite for vcore readings while not as accurate as a DMM it's better than cpuz
    ---

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hello, can you send me your working cpuz ?
    Mine (1.40 too) doesn't want to read correctly memory's timing and frequency

Xtreme Member
    probably not considering P5K Deluxe only has one IDE port and you have 2x dvd burners heh
    Well I can always buy SATA burners. Let's say that that isn't a factor......
    Not a Dell.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    use ai suite for vcore readings while not as accurate as a DMM it's better than cpuz
    Ai Suite reads exactly the same as cpu-z.....up to about 1.4v.
    Do you have the same observations re. vdroop and dual and quad cores with your board??

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast