Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Aquacomputer block: Cuplex XT Di - Double Impact

FWIW, I believe you will need an RD-30 to make this block compare to the Fuzion and Apoge GTX (bowed). That us using the apogee and Fuzion with a Petras DDC-2.

Xtreme Legend
    Stu should start suing people for ripping off his design lol
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Legend
    Oh look, a Storm/Cascade design clone. Oh well, I guess that at least someone was listening when I said that the way to make the Storm design work better is to have it cool a larger area. I guess that someone also forgot to take the dunce hat off when it comes to excessive restriction. A double-chambered storm design can work ok, but there's absolutely no need to go to a double-chamber design unless we're trying to cool something larger than the surface of a CPU IHS. The way to focus the cooling better is to have a single chamber and alter the size of the jet nozzles to localise cooling where you need, and provide less cooling where you don't. That way you get the best of all worlds and can tweak the overall pressure drop as required.

The way they've designed it though, its intended purpose is for a low-flow system where the high level of restriction is not so much of an issue. Problem with really low-flow systems is that jet-speed suffers.

I've always personally aimed for middle-restriction/middle-flow solutions, although that has caused issues in the past with people trying to match high-flow GPU blocks with my blocks. The entire system must be designed as a whole, and I can see that is exactly what Aqua-computer have done here. This is a block design that suits their intended co-deployment with other blocks from Aqua-computer.

This is part of the entire problem with the high-med-low flow/restriction debates. Some components don't make sense when you try to mix'n'match them with components not built in the same design framework. Of course a high-restriction block is going to suck the life out of a low-restriction block.

As for absolute levels of flow required, we really don't need more than 0.75-1gpm of flow. Low-restriction blocks do, but that's only 'cos they were designed that way.

Xtreme Legend
    lol maybe it's time they get your royalty request letter
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Has anyone actually seen the actual bottom plate or is this all based on the fictional double storm pic?

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
    Has anyone actually seen the actual bottom plate or is this all based on the fictional double storm pic?
    fictional?

so that photo is not real
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairydust View Post
    Oh, you're right! I thought that base plate looked a little too much like a Storm. It's a photochop with the holes doubled.

So is there is a picture of the real base plate?

This might not be a storm design at all. So why the heck would anyone post a photochopped picture in relation to a new product. That's just misleading.

Xtreme Legend
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Legend
    Talking about the base-plate picture dinos22.

The full block picture doesn't look too different to a Cuplex XT, just with two inlet plenums.

They say that it accelerates the water twice, but restriction (if nothing else is changed) will be close to 3x of a single plenum design, thereby lowering overall flow-rates, and hence jet speed as well.

I thought about doing the same thing for a modified Storm, but ultimately it's just better to have a single plenum and tweak the jet sizes to suit unless the cooling patch size is truly massive.
    Last edited by Cathar; 06-06-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Banned
    bah maybe they should put that together with an rd30...

Xtreme Member
    ok just to maybe clear things up. The storm-like baseplate on the first page is not real.
    Here is a pic of the baseplate pic of the PREDECESSOR to the block in question.

My guess is that they simply extended the fin area in unison with the axis of the two jet areas and added some sort of internal divide via the jet plate or in copper integrated into the baseplate. maybe even a'la MCW6000 and its folded piece of metal.

Visually it is a beautiful block, I wonder why we dont see any use of Stainless in US blocks?

PS, nice to see you back Cathar.
    Last edited by Senater_Cache; 06-07-2007 at 12:26 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Senater_Cache View Post
    Visually it is a beautiful block, I wonder why we dont see any use of Stainless in US blocks?
    I can't speak for others, but I'll speak for myself. Stainless is great from a water-cooling perspective. It's even galvanically compatible with silver/copper if you acquire the right alloy. The biggest problem with stainless though is that it certain alloys are a PITA to machine - especially the cheaper alloys, and it is fairly expensive. When I buy the bolts to hold my blocks together, I can either buy stainless or regular metal. I buy stainless, and each bolts costs around 10x that of regular steel bolts in bulk. Each stainless bolt that I use costs around 50c, and that was with a 75% bulk discount off list price.

PS, nice to see you back Cathar.
    Cheers. I still hang around occasionally. What's in my avatar has been sucking up my spare time of late outside of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
    Oh look, a Storm/Cascade design clone.
    i think it isn't because of mass development and geometry.
    design is different,only the injector can be labelled like a clone of yours.

i think the description is not correct because of :
    Through this patent-protected principle the flow speed is virtually doubled and the water is accelerated two times in series towards the copper plate - which is also clarified by the epithet "double impact".
    doubled pressure drop(respect to the only one injector version) can't cause an acceleration that "doubling" water speed.
    speed grown up,it's sure,but can not be doubled.
    at the same time doubled pressure drop cause a flow-rate reduction[depending by the pump](respect to the only one injector version) and result an "high restrictive" causing worst performances of serial blocks/radiators on the same loop

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gioz View Post
    i think it isn't because of mass development and geometry.
    design is different,only the injector can be labelled like a clone of yours.
    Read above. I wasn't understanding the images correctly when I made that statement. I don't believe it to be a clone at all. I only left my statements unedited because someone had responded to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
    Read above. I wasn't understanding the images correctly when I made that statement. I don't believe it to be a clone at all. I only left my statements unedited because someone had responded to them.
    k,i'm sorry i thought you saw internal structure before posting about the base.
    Last edited by Gioz; 06-08-2007 at 03:39 AM. Reason: correction of verbal form

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just hope that this new Cuplex XT DI doesn't suffer from the same thing as the Cuplext XT suffers .... the copper base is not flat !!!! It's concavous in most blocks

For a block of this price it

I did have to lap mine
    My System
    » ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 (CF w/0006 bios) | Core i7 930 3002A879 @ 4.20GHz (21x200) | Corsair Dominator DDR3 6GB TR3X6G1600C8D @ 1603MHz 8-8-8-21-1N
    » ASUS ENGTX460 TOP 1GB @ 900/4000MHz | SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E | C:\Intel SSD X25-M G2 80GB | D:\Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB | E:\Plextor PX-716SA
    » Corsair HX620W Modular | CoolerMaster Stacker custom "All Black" | Samsung LED XL2370 23" Full HD
    » WC 3/8": Apogee GTZ + BI GT Xtreme 240 + Koolance Nozzles + Station 600 + Silver KillCoil

Quote Originally Posted by septim View Post
    bah maybe they should put that together with an rd30...
    according to their datasheet here this cooler is designed to work with pumps like the aquastream or eheim 1046, stronger pumps are not required and will result in negligible better temps

Quote Originally Posted by AquaComputer
    Der Kühler ist für den Betrieb mit Pumpen vom Typ aquastream und 1046 konzipiert, stärkere Pumpen werden nicht benötigt und bewirken nur eine geringfügige weitere Steigerung der Kühlleistung.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jVIDIA View Post
    Just hope that this new Cuplex XT DI doesn't suffer from the same thing as the Cuplext XT suffers .... the copper base is not flat !!!! It's concavous in most blocks

For a block of this price it

I did have to lap mine
    Ahhh, AC demonstrates how it sits atop the price/performance crown yet again!

according to their datasheet here this cooler is designed to work with pumps like the aquastream or eheim 1046, stronger pumps are not required and will result in negligible better temps
    For the block itself...yes that can be quite true. However, one can forget adding other high flow blocks into the same loop which require/like more flow to get the most optimal temps. So in turn, this means this block will require a loop built specifically for it instead of being an easy "plug and play" like the D-Tek FuZion.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Xtreme Member
    Actually i don't think it really would be a problem with flowrating... I don't believe these "bad flow stories". I know more flow means a tiny bit better temps but i can't believe it makes 5-10c difference just because of 20 more little holes in a cpu block. I want to see the reviews of those blocks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Ahhh, AC demonstrates how it sits atop the price/performance crown yet again!

It is not permissible that sutch an expensive block comes with a concavous surface
    My System
    » ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 (CF w/0006 bios) | Core i7 930 3002A879 @ 4.20GHz (21x200) | Corsair Dominator DDR3 6GB TR3X6G1600C8D @ 1603MHz 8-8-8-21-1N
    » ASUS ENGTX460 TOP 1GB @ 900/4000MHz | SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E | C:\Intel SSD X25-M G2 80GB | D:\Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB | E:\Plextor PX-716SA
    » Corsair HX620W Modular | CoolerMaster Stacker custom "All Black" | Samsung LED XL2370 23" Full HD
    » WC 3/8": Apogee GTZ + BI GT Xtreme 240 + Koolance Nozzles + Station 600 + Silver KillCoil

Xtreme Addict

It is not permissible that sutch an expensive block comes with a concavous surface
    I guess my sarcasm didn't show through. But I wholeheartedly agree with you. For the prices AC charges, it needs to walk your dog as well.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Banned

Lightbulb

It is not permissible that such an expensive block comes with a concave surface
    Funny you should mention that as I was just thinking the same about an expensive Intel CPU. Seems the AC block is already set up for the Intel CPU.

Xtreme Member
    now guys, before you judge, is the base not flat randomly or is it a sort of "bow" as seen in the fuzion?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Senater_Cache View Post
    now guys, before you judge, is the base not flat randomly or is it a sort of "bow" as seen in the fuzion?
    He said it was concave so it couldn't be a bow. TBH I for one don't think the block looks that nice, I much prefer the GTX or even my fuzion's styling to that.

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    I've lapped all the AC blocks I've bought. I don't remember any of them being completely flat.

Edit : But I'll let you know if the XT DI block is. I ordered one tonight.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast