Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R600 Review

Xtreme X.I.P.

R600 Review

This guys broke NDA, here is the link:

http://it-review.net/index.php?optio...1314&Itemid=91

Live Long And Overclock
    Metro they have two different rigs listed...no clue which one they used with which...which is why i didn't allow this earlier.

Can you give a hint as to whether those no.s are accurate ? We have members in the main sticky reporting the opposite results X(

Perkam
    Last edited by perkam; 05-09-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Oh well, seems like the GTX is rockin' it inn most of the games.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Metro they have two different rigs listed...no clue which one they used with which...which is why i didn't allow this earlier.

Can you give a hint as to whether those no.s are accurate ? We have members in the main sticky reporting the opposite results X(

Perkam
    i cant tell couse of NDA :P you can see a picture of the guy with like 8 HD 2900 cards dont think that is fake

Xtreme Member
    I thought they mentioned in the article that the next set of benches would be with the 975 chipset and E6700?

Yeah, they did.
    (emphasis mine)

This first set was with the ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium. Could explain the weakness of the scores compared to the ones around here that are all superclocked Conroes or Kentsfields.

We were unable to do CrossFire on NF590SLI (it's not supported) so it doesn't make any sense to compare these scores to SLI because it wouldn't be fair and it would be completely misleading. We'll clash CF vs SLI tomorrow when we publish the second part of our R600 journey - 975 testing.
    That's the biz, sweetheart.

REMO FOR PREZ!

Xtreme Mentor
    well we now know which the better card is and I will buy accordingly...

I just hope it's a driver issue and that pricing is competitive.

EDIT: you can confirm though, it really does seem like these guys broke NDA, right?

Xtreme Mentor
    lol @ people who have been waiting so patiently for several months.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post

Perkam
    Could try emailing the guy that wrote the article and see if he answers back?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    lol @ people who have been waiting so patiently for several months.
    for Price cuts...

I've been waiting for price cuts...

the 8600s are worth around 100$ the 8800GTS 320mb is worth around 200-250 and the 8800GTS 640mb is worth around $230-280

Ideally I'd buy a 8900GS or similar for around $180

Xtreme Member
    i've seen totaaly different numbers here(you need to scroll down to right under the pic,someone who has the card also posts his review)
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ges/1217141/17

Quite a difference to the review from IT-review
    Quote Originally Posted by verndewd View Post
    Then we devise an nda breaking method that reroutes the broken nda from china and points to a pig name zhiang in a mud pit in hubei farmlands. The pig would have to have no owner.

This can be done.
    SPECS:TT Kandalf LCS Case,Asus P5K Deluxe mobo,Intel Q600 CPU,XFX 8800Ultra,Samsung 500Gb HD,Gskill PC6400 ghz memory,Nec DVD-Writer,Creative Xfi Xtreme Music, Corsair HX620Logitech:G15 keyboard,MX518 mouse and Z-5450 Speakers

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbanger View Post
    i've seen totaaly different numbers here(you need to scroll down to right under the pic,someone who has the card also posts his review)
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ges/1217141/17

Quite a difference to the review from IT-review
    Look better than the IT-review, but nothing that got me excited.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post

LMFAO guy look like a total retard! LUCKY SON OF A BUTCHER! gets to hold like 6 of those card he looks like he is getting horny or something off the cards.
    System:

Core i5 750
    HD5850
    2x2GB DDR3 G.Skill (forget exact name )

"I would get down on my knees... grit my teeth... swallow my pride.... open wide... wet my lips... crack my knuckles.... and tie your shoe if you tell me!!!"

Quote form Top Gears host J. Clarksons DVD: America Vs Europe

While driving the Corvette ZO6.

"Its like having herpies great fun getting it, not too much fun to live with"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.FuzzyBallz View Post
    LMFAO guy look like a total retard! LUCKY SON OF A BUTCHER! gets to hold like 6 of those card he looks like he is getting horny or something off the cards.
    Looks more like an ape to me.

Xtreme Member
    to be honest?I don't think he really gets 6 cards to test...6 cards x how many review-sites?No wonder why there are only going to be 6000 cards at launch-day,lol...

@Xero:Nothing to be excited about?I'm excited about the fact that the 2900Xt is(at that numbers)not that much worse then a GTX,cause evryone's telling that the Xt is only competing with a GTS...
    Quote Originally Posted by verndewd View Post
    Then we devise an nda breaking method that reroutes the broken nda from china and points to a pig name zhiang in a mud pit in hubei farmlands. The pig would have to have no owner.

This can be done.
    SPECS:TT Kandalf LCS Case,Asus P5K Deluxe mobo,Intel Q600 CPU,XFX 8800Ultra,Samsung 500Gb HD,Gskill PC6400 ghz memory,Nec DVD-Writer,Creative Xfi Xtreme Music, Corsair HX620Logitech:G15 keyboard,MX518 mouse and Z-5450 Speakers

Xtreme Addict
    disappointed ... GTS can be oc to 660/1000 and perform about the same as stock GTX ... about 1 to 2% slower

i am waiting for HD2950 XTX (or w/e they'll have by end of this year) or GF 8900/9800 GTX....
    Last edited by theteamaqua; 05-09-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.FuzzyBallz View Post
    If I had $3000+ worth of video cards in my hands I'd have a boner too.

Xtreme Member

@Xero:Nothing to be excited about?
    I did say nothing that got me excited.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by XeRo View Post
    Looks more like an ape to me.
    Was that suppose to be funny,or what?
    That guy had a chance to play with those cards and they took a picture of him.
    And isn't this remark against the forum rules??

to be honest?I don't think he really gets 6 cards to test...6 cards x how many review-sites?No wonder why there are only going to be 6000 cards at launch-day,lol...

@Xero:Nothing to be excited about?I'm excited about the fact that the 2900Xt is(at that numbers)not that much worse then a GTX,cause evryone's telling that the Xt is only competing with a GTS...
    The XTX isn't coming at launch, so technically the xt IS competing with the 8800GTX... It's one companies top-end vs the other companies top-end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    i cant tell couse of NDA :P you can see a picture of the guy with like 8 HD 2900 cards dont think that is fake

I don't know. Might be my imagination but something about that image doesn't look right in regard to those cards.

EDIT: On second thought, after a closer examination, if it is fake the forger' a real artist with an unreal attention to detail. I still looks wrong in a way I can put my finger on though.
    Last edited by grudgelord; 05-09-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    Look at the tyranny of party--at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty--a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes--and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master.
    --Mark Twain, The Character of Man

Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    One would think your sense of freedom and liberty would not become more narrow as time goes along. Like the frog in the pot that is slowly boiling, just because it isn't instantly hot doesn't mean you wont cook alive...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I still say it's too early. Launch drivers haven't been released yet, AFAIK, and OC'ing hasn't been tested. I disregard all numbers I see until NDA is lifted.
    Intel C2D E6600 (L630B015)
    TT BigTyphoon || Zalman VF900 Fatal1ty
    Abit QuadGT
    2GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY

Xtreme Member
    the card in his left hand looks like a HD2600Pro? thats what it looks like to me, anyway.
    i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz - Corsair A70 | Biostar TP67B+ | G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1600 2x2GB | MSI HD7950 TF3 | X-Fi Titanium | WD 750GB Black | CM 690 II - Corsair TX850 | 2xDell 2407WFP A04/A03 | Win 7 Pro x64

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48222

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by aiya View Post
    the card in his left hand looks like a HD2600Pro? thats what it looks like to me, anyway.
    not in his hand, on his stomach...
    Athlon XP-M 2500+ 0343MPMW The King is Dead!
    Phenom II X6 1090T 1025GPMW Long Live the King!

-------------------------------------------
    I'm from the church of the operating room

Xtreme Member
    D'oh

they blend in with all that red
    i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz - Corsair A70 | Biostar TP67B+ | G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1600 2x2GB | MSI HD7950 TF3 | X-Fi Titanium | WD 750GB Black | CM 690 II - Corsair TX850 | 2xDell 2407WFP A04/A03 | Win 7 Pro x64

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48222

Muslim Overclocker
    That picture is not real. The light reflection off the side of the card on his stomach is not right at all when compared to the rest of the reflections. Even those seem not to be correct considering the alignment of the cards and the shadow displayed behind the ape.

I am leaning towards the fact that he has only 2 or 3 cards and the rest were photochopped in (same posture, different images mixed). You could even say they are all fake, but who knows.

My watercooling experience

Water
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons 120mm 1850RPM
    Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A CPU Block
    Laing DDC 3.2
    XSPC Dual Pump Reservoir
    Primochill Pro LRT Red 1/2"
    Bitspower fittings + water temp sensor

Rig
    E8400 | 4GB HyperX PC8500 | Corsair HX620W | ATI HD4870 512MB

I see what I see, and you see what you see. I can't make you see what I see, but I can tell you what I see is not what you see. Truth is, we see what we want to see, and what we want to see is what those around us see. And what we don't see is... well, conspiracies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast