Thread: Pimp parts for a dam hot phase unit?

Banned

Pimp parts for a dam hot phase unit?

Okay i'd like to get hold the finest parts going to have the best UK builder Gray Mole build me a unit.

Enclosures We already know that the Daddy of all enclosures comes via Ssilencer. So i shall be having one of them with a nice tweak on mounting some leds in the base so it shines upwards!

Evap....now i am lost! I've had a Kayl and i was really impressed by it but what evap is the best, the real heart of the kit and kickass. Oh and i have to be able to get it.

Condesner I have the full space of where the drive bays go in a Lian-Li V2k, case is not a V2k but it's going to be a copy and mock up of one and will be made slightly wider and taller. No PSU in there at all, all frame work removed in there so it's totaly bear and has plenty of room. I presume something big will help to cool the return gas back to help with higher loads and lower temps!

Compressor Again whats going to be best, bigger i guess as it can compress more...if 2 small unit can be fitted aka cascade then rock on.

Controller Last i checked a few guys are now on the band wagon of this. Whats best, which is the top dog...

This is all in the planning to be drawn up and few bits to get now before they disapear.

The case can be tweaked and modded to fit it all in.

It's to be a huge kick ass system for Penryn and latest GFX cards (2 or 4).

CPU is to be cooled via SS or a small cascade and then literly everything water cooled with high end stuff.

Money is no object

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Money is no object
    Have you won the lottery?

Does this mean you've given up on the 7 water loops project?

Cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Have you won the lottery?

Does this mean you've given up on the 7 water loops project?

Cheers
    Nope but all the property my mum bought in Montengro is now mine, have all the title deads and keys. It's all paid for and everything.

Oh and the prices on them have gone up something silly

Give me £10k yeah in one year i will give you back your £10k and an extra £90k minium on it. Thats how much money there is to make out there.

Just had a payout a huge investment she did on a place in Topola and it's given back a few million in the 3 years there been building it (it aint finshed yet but i have the penthouse floor flat now due to the style and amount of investment we did).

This has to be shared with me dad and me but i get half of it...his half will come when i kill him the ***** (hate step dads).

Nope just i will mix the 7 loops in with this is the plan so top of the range possible phase with huge array water cooling as well of the finest parts

Xtreme Addict
    You could allways get Gray to make a two or three headed single-stage (or auto-cascade to cope with such a high load) for both the CPU and GPU(s). It wouldn't look as nice as watercooling though with UV piping etc . There's allways UV cable sleeving which you could use on phase-change but I still think water cooling is unbeatable for the looks factor.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Evap: @itor evap
    Compressor: Difficult question.... no Danfoss SC! Try some Asperas or Embarco.
    Autocascade would be xtreme but don't think that Gray would do the job.
    Is there enough place for a NL11F Cascade?
    Condensor: I would go with Littledevils big condensors... how many would fit in this case?
    Controller: Vapochill LS... GFroster read there are lot of problems with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony View Post
    ....and avoid being a total venting loser!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettbeck View Post
    You could allways get Gray to make a two or three headed single-stage (or auto-cascade to cope with such a high load) for both the CPU and GPU(s). It wouldn't look as nice as watercooling though with UV piping etc . There's allways UV cable sleeving which you could use on phase-change but I still think water cooling is unbeatable for the looks factor.
    Nah i just want extream cooling for my CPU only. Cold and uber high load as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Moc View Post
    Condensor: I would go with Littledevils big condensors... how many would fit in this case?
    Austo c if neat maybe and im not having one of lukes as if i did i'd buy a coffin at the same time. No offence luke but they look dangrous as hell.

NF11 if two can be use then two can be fitted!

Umm anyone got info on a cascade that can be done with 2 NF11's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Compressor: Difficult question.... no Danfoss SC!
    Care to elaborate?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nope but all the property my mum bought in Montengro is now mine, have all the title deads and keys. It's all paid for and everything.

Oh and the prices on them have gone up something silly

Give me £10k yeah in one year i will give you back your £10k and an extra £90k minium on it. Thats how much money there is to make out there.

Just had a payout a huge investment she did on a place in Topola and it's given back a few million in the 3 years there been building it (it aint finshed yet but i have the penthouse floor flat now due to the style and amount of investment we did).

This has to be shared with me dad and me but i get half of it...his half will come when i kill him the ***** (hate step dads).

Nope just i will mix the 7 loops in with this is the plan so top of the range possible phase with huge array water cooling as well of the finest parts

pete don't forget someday you will have to retire also, maybe really youg because of a accident, you got a home thats paid for, But I don't know how your system work but in the USA if you don't pay property taxes for 2 years the government has the right and will sell it, no way to get aroung it, PERIOD.

Plus owning a home has utility bills,fire insurance and maintance that also must be paid. You work for want you want now, then when a lot older lokk at finacial situation and access. I seen so many kids drink and piss away a home lefft to them ,even if you don't drink you can't live above your current income after you pay above bills ,plus car and insurance plus save for a emerengcy or your retirement, its going to cost more than you relize by then.

Its nice when you own your home and can pay cash for everything if thats the way to go.

if you don't understand finaces get a finacial planner to help,his/her advice will be worth it.

sorry to get off topic
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Addict
    MOC, the K type line of controllers works great, and yes, we had some troubles with the xe 1.2 line.

Gray Mole has cascade and XE 2.0 controllers and he will be testing and posting about them and we all know he is a honest guy not biased at all.

Xtreme Addict
    Well congrats Pete

Nice to here someone from the forums is getting lucky

Right, well...

Uber pimp would be...

@itor enclosure with matching evap (of course)
    Froster X3 with 'widescreen' display and custom text (of course)
    @itor designed fascia's (of course)
    Danfoss NL11F for quiet and power with foam sound dampener kit
    One of Placebo's condensors (rifle tube etc, best I've used)

After that, it's pretty much looking at 2 things...

1. Custom paint, and there's guys who do paintwork for hot rods and motorbikes that could do a real showpiece. I don't know if a case or a V2k would be more ideal in that respect, but that's the road I'd probably travel. If in a case, one of @itor's creations would be amazing.

2. Lighting effects. a subtle blend of lighting for a 'professional phase gentleman' or a 'wild and crazy' mix of fireworks styled lightshow.

If I were making a phase unit for myself, and hopefully someday I will again (if my wife let's me ) that's where I would go with it.

Ok, I'm done daydreaming

This thread appears to be a 'what should I put into my cool phase kit' thread and as long as it stays that way, fine.

If it turns in a hating or a selling thread, it'll be shut down pronto.

Cheers

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Oh and as far as a cascade with a pair of NL11F's, I think it'd be great really.

Pairing it up with a decent silent condensor solution and you'd have a nice small quiet and not that expensive to run 24/7 cascade.

the first decent cascade I built was on a MP14 and FR10 compressor and it did -70 on 150w. Not bad really, and it didn't have the 'growl' of a rotary cascade

I've always found cascades to be easier to build, easier to tune, and a little more reliable overall.

Luke is about the only person that I think is making good working autocascades, and if he ever get's them into cases they should look as good as they run

Cheers

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    PIcs of this unit Gray ? ( the cascade you made )

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole View Post
    Oh and as far as a cascade with a pair of NL11F's, I think it'd be great really.
    I think Baz tried a Cascade with a pair of NL11Fs and it didnt work out?
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Banned
    YGPM Gray, intresting to know a NF11 can make a cascade...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Newcastle Under Lyme - Staffordshire - UK
    Two NL11F's would work well, if you're going to go for high load on the evaporator (300W+) i wouldn't use a very high pressure refrigerant like r1150, if i had the choice i'd use r23 or r170.

Kenny - That was Baz's first cascade and it was using CO2. I'm sure if he had another stab at it now it'd work well

Tom
    "What will become of us, will we evolve"

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    foam sound dampener kit ?

What is that =???

I know what it sounds like but would love to se it
    is it to be around the compressor or just inside the case ?
    If so where can I get one
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Xtreme Mentor
    Pet take Walt's advice, I strongly recommend you seriously think of your future, here In BC getting a home is incredibly difficult and expensive, if you have one left to you that puts you ahead of a quarter of the planet! don't be foolish with such great fortune!
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Pet take Walt's advice, I strongly recommend you seriously think of your future, here In BC getting a home is incredibly difficult and expensive, if you have one left to you that puts you ahead of a quarter of the planet! don't be foolish with such great fortune!
    All good advice, however after such good fortune he can't be expected not to have a few luxury's. Lets face it that's what its all about! If you save all your money until your older you'll have missed out on so much. A balance between the two is more practical IMO.

Banned
    Yet to read his, normal skip it.

The homes out in Montengro are investments, along with the land in Brazil and the 4 villas in Cape Verdi and some more land in bulgeria.

2 homes in the uk bought and paid for, one totaly mine which i live in.

All the other are bought and paid for can only buy them in full only and go up in value.

Know exactly what i am doing here, have my dad there whom owns half still and pros giving me the advice

Please can we go back on topic

Xtreme Mentor
    Yup Just wanted to make sure you where making a good choice or at least thought about it and it appears you have, enjoy your luck!
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony