Thread: g-froster problem's

g-froster problem's

hey all, i purchased a g-froster value. had it fitted (as i am a noob) it worked fine until recently. tried to turn on the pc and when the lcd gets to countdown on psu it just turns itself off. i have the com port connected but it doesnt detect my g-froster any more with the software. i thought it was a corrupted firmware but how can i reflash it if i cant connect to the controller? any one? thanks for any help given in advance. ps all cables are connected i.e the molex and start buttons to case and mobo,
    Last edited by azman; 05-05-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Send a mail to hernanmr@hotmail.com , that's golden Eagle's mail, he will troubleshoot your problem with you.
    PD: I already copy/pasted this post to him in a mail.

thanks Ssilencer, i will send him email straight away. its been a real pain as i use one of those imons to turn the pc on usually

hi again. got up this morning, started the unit up (shorted pins) and the unit fired up starting the psu check @ -25 which is strange as i configured it to start pc @-20. anyhoo after starting pc up i thought i would try yet again to access the controller and what d'ya know it let me in and said new firmware will be loaded. so all looks good. the difference now is that before my evap head showed -45 while my cpu showed -47 idle, now the evap ios showing -19 and the cpu is still -47 idle, strange. well its not worked it wont start pc with cable's on mobo and power switch, still shuts down @ checking psu.
    Last edited by azman; 05-06-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Download and install this soft and firm:
    http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1268679/GFCP270.zip
    Send me a pm to see how it goes after that, and also send me a pic of your value installation (placement in the cooler).

Xtreme Recruit
    I case the controller dosn´t let u run the pc to make a firmware update, remember u can run the basic firware as its stated in the user manual.

hi eagle, i did manage to get it to revert back to original firmware and also got it to comunicate and then auto upgraded when software was activated. still no joy, i was wondering if it was possibly a problem with my mobo side with the 5v as when the unit starts up it fires pc but the pc has some sort of diagnostics before it actually starts. my mobo is a dfi lnp nf4 sli-dr