Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 8800Ultra 3dmark numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    I've insulated and tested under LN2 one of them.....The other one later on....
    Very nice card George So you like them or what?? Benchers dream eh?
    Today was my first shot at 100k SLI 03. Lost my striker on the next run after this one running solid at 1006/1255 5209mhz . I would have prolly busted something like 101k at those clocks. Heard a loud POP in trolls lair... board shutoff, then the whole room smelled like burned matches...Stryker was fried. 2nd one I lost just like this on 0915 bios. I should have never used it as it burned a previous core modded striker exact same way..so be careful with 0915 bios and vcore mod.

Xtreme Addict
    wow!! almost 100k!! .. seems liek this card and the GTX is still better than 2900Xt ..
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

I am Xtreme
    So fast So close...

Why do you keep using those POS striker boards if they die so much? Grab an abit or evga or something made by a company not run by blindfolded monkeys.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    So fast So close...

Why do you keep using those POS striker boards if they die so much? Grab an abit or evga or something made by a company not run by blindfolded monkeys.
    I think KP get lots of Asus boards easily

great benching KP i wish you can push them hard seems like you are waiting for competition to arrive until you unleash the ultras full potential

Xtreme Addict
    KP: What do you think is the max freq for these gpus? Seems like 1050-1100mhz might be in the reach?

Xtreme Member
    NIce result KP!
    99k result - CPU on dry ice? or ln2?

Xtreme Old School Moderator
    The 2 3DMark Legends (KP and Hipro5) never stops, you have so much talent that you are playing a league of your own

I give up

Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    I think KP get lots of Asus boards easily
    great benching KP i wish you can push them hard seems like you are waiting for competition to arrive until you unleash the ultras full potential
    Been getting in sessions when I can here and there metro. I'll be able to bench alot harder in the coming weeks. No rush really .
    Other skilled benchers out there can put up some numbers too, it's alot of work to get it all going right by myself...it can burn you out.

@AFI: Now that wasn't very nice to say bro , ASUS makes some really nice mobos man. I will continue with either ASUS or EVGA mobo's. That's what I am running atm, gotta make em' work.

1050mhz may be possible with modding the shaders right I'd think,
    hardly running any voltage atm so it might be possible. really havent messed with them too much. The core didnt get nearly the headroom the shader clock did on the ultra so....also I am hearing through the grapevine maybe new wqhl/FM candidate drivers soon so i dont want to burn my up before I have to run it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    KP: What do you think is the max freq for these gpus? Seems like 1050-1100mhz might be in the reach?
    Fast enough?
    Here is a good one at 3600mhz cpu on air to match/beat:

Maxed out yet??
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 05-18-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Really nice show by k|ngp|n and hipro5 you guys are pushing the cards to the max and those shaders clock are really impressive
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8GHZ 1.28V (Core Contact Freezer)
    Asus X58 P6T
    6GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600MHZ 8-8-8-24
    XFX HD5870
    WD 1TB Black HD
    Corsair 850TX
    Cooler Master HAF 922

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    You filthy pron Vince.....

I'm preparing my other card right now and I'll be back bro....

ABIT IN9 mobo performs better and take CPU a bit higher than others I have used BUT......Here comes the "BUT" .... User HAVE to find a way to cool down those flucken "digital IC mosfets" below that heatsink OR mobo will restart/shut down do to overheating protection in very heavy loads....
    DFI did the EXACT SAME mistake by placing those flucken digital IC mosfets on one of their mobo too.....

On my ABIT AW9D mobo with the QUAD, I see about 43 - 48*C on mosfets during heavy load..... On IN9 I see 190*C and power off....

Though I found a way to fix it..... ALSO IN9 users > place a heatsink on the output parallel coils of the pwr circuit - the gray one in front of the heatsink - if you work with a QUAD....If you touch it, you will propably burn your finger....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    Ultra is worth its name for sure Really nice going K|ngp|in and Hipro

Vince did you change the shader freq. on the 1048MHz run?

Xtreme X.I.P.

ABIT IN9 mobo performs better and take CPU a bit higher than others I have used BUT......Here comes the "BUT" .... User HAVE to find a way to cool down those flucken "digital IC mosfets" below that heatsink OR mobo will restart/shut down do to overheating protection in very heavy loads....
    DFI did the EXACT SAME mistake by placing those flucken digital IC mosfets on one of their mobo too.....

On my ABIT AW9D mobo with the QUAD, I see about 43 - 48*C on mosfets during heavy load..... On IN9 I see 190*C and power off....

Though I found a way to fix it..... ALSO IN9 users > place a heatsink on the output parallel coils of the pwr circuit - the gray one in front of the heatsink - if you work with a QUAD....If you touch it, you will propably burn your finger....

oh yes, DIGI PWM realllly really SUX ! I hate that !
    huge vdroop, extremely HOT.
    Uni Hardware:
    http://www.unihw.com

Team China

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    Fast enough?
    Here is a good one at 3600mhz cpu on air to match/beat:
    [img]http://www.overclockingpin.com/1040mhz.jp

Maxed out yet??
    Is it now I rest my "case"?

Nice gpu freq KP!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    Pretty much 90% of all available horizontal real estate in my house looks like this. Pretty sad actually if you think about it
    I'm really really liking that little white fan by the window... Who makes it? Did you mod it? I'll bite if it will volt to about 7,000rpm

Sweet results Kingpin...
    e8400 4.0Ghz Q747A374 - Thermalright Ultima-90 ES - Asus P5K-D (bios 809) - BFG 285 GTX - 4Gb Mushkin Blackline PC8500 - Deck Legend Keyboard - X-fi Platinum w/BeyerDynamic DT-990pro Headset Mod - Silverstone TJ-07 - Antec Quattro 850w - Samsung 275T - OCZ Vertex 120gb + 1TB WD - Windows 7 64bit Pro

"The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."

Slovenian OC Master

then we'll have to fix some wattercooling for this
    OC-Lab.si!!

[/B]
    George here is what happened after I inspected the board. The cap near the 12v plug circled in red blew. You can see the blast radius on the board marked in red I have no idea how it happened, but I should easily be able fix it. There is local electronic shop where I get my vr's that have a pretty big component section. A new cap and it should be good to go again:

Made another attempt at 100k today on my backup striker that has nasty cold bugged-ness and is nearly impossible to run below -90c on.
    I struggled to get this score due to not being able to keep everything fully loaded from constant reboots and locks from this damn mobo. Cards were icing up bad, as i had to keep raising and lowering temps on cpu to get it to boot/post. Thought I killed one gpu for a sec. Never been so close to something that I have the clocks for and not been able to get it:

It will go down once I get the other board fixed

Xtreme Cruncher

And nothing more

Martin

Life sometimes gets in the way of what we want to do.

Xtreme Addict
    woah 100K 03_sli about to fall....very nice job K|NGP|N....
    That is some great benching you have going on with
    8800 Ultras...congrats

Xtreme Member
    wow in decemeber we were trying to get 100k in 01 now we are about to get 100k in 03 wow what is next

Xtreme Member
    vince you got the new qx6850 like coolarer already received?

Banned

George, MIPS Computers in Germany makes a water block for the IN9 digital vregs and it cools those parallel output coils in front as well!! I've been trying to contact them for over 60 days but they don't answer my emails...maybe you'll have better luck.

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy View Post
    George, MIPS Computers in Germany makes a water block for the IN9 digital vregs and it cools those parallel output coils in front as well!! I've been trying to contact them for over 60 days but they don't answer my emails...maybe you'll have better luck.
    You could ask me to order some for you
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Got it

Can go so much higher still it's crazy.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast