Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometiea Ugrade

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Arky
    Bowman when you have worked out the right lenth any chance of you sending me a piece of cap tubing m8 ?? im happy to pay

Arky
    well pm's have been coming,email,you name it,i have gotten a question about what is the specs on my update or can i suppy the needed parts.

let me try to anser these questions.

i have always shown step by step how to's and given my every spec.

but this time is going to be slightly differant.

i was asked by Oppaniter to help him out on this project.and the guys here at extreeme have been great helping me.

but this is a sticky problem right now.

this is a very hard and time consuming mod to do.

if everyone hasnt thought about this yet ,there are a few companys watching this thread very closely.
    because of the nature of there business this project may cause them some conserns.money lost or money to be made.

so i am keeping the excat cap lenght and charge specs under hats for now.
    this project well last a few weeks and i hope by the end i will tell all. i hate to do this but i feal i have no choice under these cicumstances

Overclocking Guru
    What to do what to do,,,uhmm

Well I wouldn't mind the flexable tubeing, seeing how I broke the thing do to bending into shape in the first place. My only concern is will it be to flexable so the houseing wants to fall down to the point of when mounting it all the wieght pulls the top of the houseing outward. Seeing you'll be shiming the evap out I guess It should be fine as i can adjust the top tighter then the bottom to even out the presure.
    Flexable It is

As far as the length, and I may be bummed out about this later not going for much longer tubing but at the moment i'm thinking that I will be useing the unit under the case as usual. So I'll just go for no more then a 6" extention.

OPP

Xtreme Relic
    I would rather have the rubber hose on my Prom than the stock crap...it works great on "Crossbow".
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Xtreme Member
    ya i would have to agree bowman on the need to know basis on the cap lenth ect..... since its basically alot of trial and error and wouldnt wana give out any tricks fo free sorta speak'
    In the works... P5wdh | E6600 | G-skill 6400 hz | Ocz Gamextreme 700w | 2x Wd 250 raid-0 | 7600gs until i get my x1950pro
    Main Rig: - Ic7-g 2.4c @3.3 1.6v| 2x 256mb corsahair 3500 2-3-3-5 | 9700128mb | Antec430 truepower | mcw478uht cpu @ 10c full load
    Server:- Epox 8rda+ 2100 @ 2.4 1.85v | 2x 256 corshair 3200 twinx | msi5200 | TTGI520 | slk800 40c full load soon to be watercooled.....

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by OPPAINTER
    What to do what to do,,,uhmm

As far as the length, and I may be bummed out about this later not going for much longer tubing but at the moment i'm thinking that I will be useing the unit under the case as usual. So I'll just go for no more then a 6" extention.

OPP
    ok now only problem with 6" extension and using inside of the case.
    when we add 6" to the lenght the extra has to bend up take up slightly more case space.
    now a big probelm will still be going from a p4 style board and a amd because of the swisting of the head to get it easily alligned to the socket.(see i try to think of all possable mounting conserns)
    but i can order a specail o-ring hose connection for the cooler head mount.this will allow you to loosen the head (at the o-ring nut)and ever so gently get a small twist without loosing a freon charge......
    DUDE your's has this under the insulation.you can loosen the nut(not while it is running of course) and the oring will keep the freon from leaking,and you can twist the head a few degrees right or left. without the hose turning.this is a nice feature because it is so hard to get the head aligned perfect without it.

i will order the fitting i need monday to do the job.as i am i dealer for the parker hose company it wont take but a few days i hope.

Xtreme Member
    bowman1964 looks awsome man keep up the good work
    Abit IC7 @300FSB Bios 28
    P4 2.4C@3.6Ghz
    ATI 9700 Pro @ 445/710 Vgpu modded
    Corsair XMS PC 3500 256mb x2
    Liteon 52x24x52 CDRW
    WD 40GB 7200RPM x2
    Enermax EG465P-VE(FCA)
    Chevy Chevette Heater Core
    MCW50-T
    Eheim 1048
    Prometeia Mach I
    Lian Li PC65B

Xtreme Relic
    Originally posted by Pimpsho
    ya i would have to agree bowman on the need to know basis on the cap lenth ect..... since its basically alot of trial and error and wouldnt wana give out any tricks fo free sorta speak'
    I agree with Pimpsho completely on this. I think as much as we all want to know all the little details, it's not right for you to do all the work and then spoon feed your results to the entire world....including major companies who would then profit from your work.
    I'm sure everyone would feel the same way if it were them and understands your reasons. I appreciate that you are going to the trouble to post your project and share pics with us, etc. You are doing us all a big favor. Thanks Bro!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Overclocking Guru
    Bowman,

I use a swiftech Quiet Power case, plenty of room in there, my thoughts on having the extra length are that it may be easier to shape for both vertical and horizontal mounting.

OPP

EDIT: added img tags
    -saaya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jun13#01.gif 
Views:	1286 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	1425  
    Last edited by saaya; 04-29-2005 at 03:17 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks to me like you'll be liking your New and improved Mach 1 alot more than your brand new Mach 2 OPP !

Thanks alot for sharing the info there Bowman.
    Baker your new gear looks killer bro, OPP is going to love that new Evap.......
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

Bowman:

If you use another gas, won’t it shorten the unit’s lifespan?

If you will use baker18's evaporator head, will this multi-layer design lower load temps compared to the regular evaporator head from Chip Con?

Thanks.

Xtreme Relic
    I didn't think the multi-layer design was good in a vertical mounted board?

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by TheDude
    I didn't think the multi-layer design was good in a vertical mounted board?
    The cooler you got from Bowman has a multilayer block and its mounted vertically. It is working for you?

baker18

Xtreme Relic
    Originally posted by baker18
    The cooler you got from Bowman has a multilayer block and its mounted vertically. It is working for you?

baker18
    It has 2 layers..... True it works well. How many layers do yours have? You don't have to get smart...just asking because they appear to have several layers. Are you selling your AGP blocks yet?

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by TheDude
    It has 2 layers..... True it works well. How many layers do yours have? You don't have to get smart...just asking because they appear to have several layers. Are you selling your AGP blocks yet?
    sorry, not trying to get smart ...It does have 2 layers. Still need to test it on a cpu, gpu evap works great. I need to put my mainboard inside a case so I can test the cpu evap(mounted vertical) and gpu evap(mounted upside down). Hope to get some results this week.

baker18

X.I.P.
    Originally posted by bowman1964
    pic of cooling head with evaperator removed and if you look you will see temp sensors mounted into the foam filled plastic housing.they are the 2 triangle looking black objects in the foam.
    and here everyone finally gets a pic of the evaperator on the side.
    Bowman,

Can you tell what type of temp sensor is used. I believe its an NTC type, but I would like to get the part no (if readable) so I can determine what size resistor to use for a permanent +10 deg C temp offset (to stop the sirens when going below -50 deg C)

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Quickmcj
    Bowman:

If you use another gas, won’t it shorten the unit’s lifespan?

If you will use baker18's evaporator head, will this multi-layer design lower load temps compared to the regular evaporator head from Chip Con?

Thanks.
    no the refrigerant shouldnt hurt the lifespan of the compressor if i get the right load and charge.

as for the multlayer i personal like them allthough i need to do more testing to see how much of a differance they make.

Originally posted by CodeRed
    Bowman,

Can you tell what type of temp sensor is used. I believe its an NTC type, but I would like to get the part no (if readable) so I can determine what size resistor to use for a permanent +10 deg C temp offset (to stop the sirens when going below -50 deg C)
    well i am going to have to remove the sensor anyway to make sure it gets contact to the block i will try to find out for you

Overclocking Guru
    Originally posted by CodeRed
    Bowman,

Is this siren going to be a problem for my unit?

OPP

Xtreme Addict

OPP
    if it is i will fix it

Xtreme Member
    if it is i will fix it
    By the chop it off approach i hope

]JR[

X.I.P.

OPP
    Yeap.

The prom thinks the NTC sensor is broken when the temp goes below -52 deg C. Its a real PITA as I always have to run prime in the background to keep my temps up.

I figure putting a resistor in parallel with the sensor will trick the prom into thinking the temp is much higher. I am going to try and work out what the best value is tonight (for +10 deg C).

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by ]JR[
    By the chop it off approach i hope

]JR[
    only as a last resort.
    i like to try and mod things to my way of thinking.a resistor would be the best approach to fix this problem.if thats not a option yes i can remove it i hope.
    makes no differance, it will be working properly when it leaves here.
    i am funny about small details sometimes, i like it to be right.

no the refrigerant shouldnt hurt the lifespan of the compressor if i get the right load and charge.

as for the multlayer i personal like them allthough i need to do more testing to see how much of a differance they make.
    Ok, thanks for the answer.

X.I.P.
    Alright I did some quick tests with a resistor in parallel with the temp probe.

2Mohms gave me a +12 deg C at -51 deg C. This was as close as I could get to a +10 deg C offset since I ran out of resistors.

Probably a 5MOhms trim pot across terminals 7 & 8 of the control unit would be best so you can adjust the offset.

Remember that this mod is only accurate at one temperature. At higher temps the true value and readout value will converge. The value of resistor will also dictate the lowest temp possible on the readout ... which you want to set to -50 deg C.

Xtreme Member
    Sounds like you need a voltage dependant resistor to linearise it throughout the range, although i dont think they come in that many megs....

]JR[

X.I.P.
    A trim pot should be accurate enough for the limited temp range thats interesting (-50 deg C to -40 deg C). Probably only 1 - 2 deg C of error at -40 deg C if you set it at -50.

Ohhh try a 10 Mohm trim pot instead of a 5Mohm (as I previously suggested) since the scale is logarithmic.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast