Thread: Changing web hosts... thoughts?

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed

Changing web hosts... thoughts?

Okay, I've gotten to the point where I'm totally fed up with our current webhost... So, I'm looking into changing hosts and am wondering if you guys had any thoughts/recommendations/opinions. At the moment, I'm eyeing ICDSoft (as they're at the top of the list at BestHostRatings.com and look pretty good).

So, yeah, have at it!
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

I am Xtreme
    For the love of god, go with 1&1!

http://www.1and1.com/

I've had them for a few years. I absolutely love them. Great prices, packages, amazing service & zero downtime.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Muslim Overclocker
    freehostia.com is awesome for free hosting.. costs zero dollars for subdomain and 250mb (there is a max file size restriction of 1mb or a bit more, but it works for some).

But other than that, 1and1. Can't beat 2.99$ domain+hosting.

My watercooling experience

Water
    Scythe Gentle Typhoons 120mm 1850RPM
    Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A CPU Block
    Laing DDC 3.2
    XSPC Dual Pump Reservoir
    Primochill Pro LRT Red 1/2"
    Bitspower fittings + water temp sensor

Rig
    E8400 | 4GB HyperX PC8500 | Corsair HX620W | ATI HD4870 512MB

I see what I see, and you see what you see. I can't make you see what I see, but I can tell you what I see is not what you see. Truth is, we see what we want to see, and what we want to see is what those around us see. And what we don't see is... well, conspiracies.

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Been thru all this before - we started out with NicNames (UK Hosting), got ripped off on bandwidth charges, went over to Plesk-based hosting with PowWeb hosting in US... PowWeb didn't have good enough security measures (no floodguard), we got DDoS'd due to one of the other sites hosted on the server (now kicked off), had to get a new one. Briefly had it with 1and1, and found them to be generally hopeless and this ended up going to ServerMatrix & ThePlanet.

We have our own dedicated Co-Lo'd server at ThePlanet that I remote-manage, in their Dallas DataCenter... 200Mb Pipe with 1.2Tb Bandwidth per month... FreeBSD OS, PHP, MySQL, cPanel/WHM control panels etc... unltd subdomains, unltd email accounts, unltd forwarders etc etc.

Drop me a PM / E-Mail if you're interested in being added onto it... just need to know current disk-space and bandwidth requirements.

S'currently got minimotoclub.com, mmra.org.uk, extremeprometeia.com, over-clock.com, thermochill.com, themusiccollective.co.uk and a host of other sites running off it, and we're still nowhere near hitting 50% utilisation.
    Last edited by Marci; 04-26-2007 at 04:54 AM.