Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K10 cpu-z screen caps...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by VVJ View Post
    Furen, what is Fudzilla? I have never heard about any Fudzilla. But thanks to kyosen I know that Fudzilla is just a poor fake-maker. They don’t know about K10 anything. So, here we need official comments from the author of CPU-Z in order to stop this meaningless discussion.
    fudzilla is ran by an ATI fanboy that used to work for theinq.
    So to be short Fudzilla is like theinq but with a diffrent site layout.

and that CPU-z ID on fudzilla is a fake.
    someone here on XS said he made it and mailed it to fudzilla for fun.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Guru
    Bruce Lee whooped Chucks A$$....heheh

Quote Originally Posted by kyosen View Post
    I asked about Fudzilla's K10 CPU-Z screenshot to Franck(=CPU-Z author, of course) today, and he replied as below:

"Yes it is a fake. cpuz does not even try to read a L3 on AMD CPUs, so there
    is not way it can detect any L3."

So, we need more time to know the real K10 information...
    ...but still I love Fudzilla
    However, Franck was assuming that the screenshot was from a non-patched version of CPUZ...
    CPUZ is easily patched and this is done quite often by those who write and test the bios. Now you have to ask yourself, who is most likely to actually have an ES chip right now? Could it be an engineer that writes and tests bioses? Wouldn't they need to modify the way CPUZ reads the bios for info if they were working on a new model of CPU?

Banned
    @Viditor
    You have no idea what you are talking about!
    1. You can't patch CPUz, unless you have the source code, which will have some modifications, then being compiled and linked and finally to generate a patch.
    2. The BIOS has no common point with CPUz. CPUz is only a util which displays your system specs, based on known data and does nothing more.
    3. There are no ES and if someone has one and wants to share some info about K10 with the public, he would probably do more than just a camera shoot of a monitor with CPUz displayed. At least he could try to validate, which is easier then to make a photo with camera, transfer it to PC, resize it and upload the image to an image sharing server.

In other words, ALL ARE FAKE!

I am Xtreme
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Wanna look under my kilt?
    There are ES of Barca/Phenom/AMDs new gear now.

Does CPU-Z read BIOS to gather info? Or does it read PLLs?

I cant really see AMD ES holders/testers bothering to patch CPU-Z to get windows info somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It does niether. It detects the installed hardware and shows information based on known specs given out by the manufacturers.
    Member of Overclockers.com Folding @ Home team
    "<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
    Main rig:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 / EVO 970 500GB + WD Blue 250GB + HDD / GPU: Dell RX 570 4GB / Mem: 2x16GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill 32GTZKW TridentZ - 32GB total / PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Secondary rigs:
    Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.3GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / 2x Inland Pro 120GB / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 8GBXL RipJawsX - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
    Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ 4.0GHz (Freezer 7 Pro) / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 4x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 8GB total / PSU: Antec 380W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors

Wanna look under my kilt?
    So how does CPU-Z display our OC info, BIOS-set RAM timings etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Member
    By using CPUID instrucion, reading MSR (machine specific registers) and PCI devices (such as memory controller). CPUID will tell you familly , model, stepping, chache size and other various informations regarding CPU. Reading some MSRs you can obtain current multiplier. By using timing functions or RDTSC instruction one can obtain CPU speed thus calculate HTT(FSB) and other speed. Using IN and OUT intrsuctions and knoving how PCI address space is organized, one can access for example memory controller (or hypertransport controller) and read timings (also set new timings). This is how I wrote A64Info.
    Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE + i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz + Noctua NH-D14
    4x4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition @ 2133MHz 11-11-11-30-1T
    MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II/OC

Xtreme Member
    Haha clasic dude , I think this is old dude ,
    Whats the chuck multi
    FOLD for XS WCG ; or Rodzilla kills a kitten

Xtreme Member

CHUCK NORRIS 4EVER!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I pity da foo that don't wait for Intel's next Conr....I mean "Jack" batch of CPUs.
    Quote Originally Posted by amscott
    my freind is a proud owneer of an xbox 360. from wat he has told me, microsoft has secret built in devices that only are in the xbox and cannot be recreated. for instance he told me taht there is this little divise that is in the xbox 360 taht u cannot take out which if u play online and microsoft catches you hacking with this special chip thing that changes somthing in the games, microsoft will basicly sent a EMP pulse to your game system and fry it. :O because of these little part in the system, it is very difficult if not impossoble to modify the xbox with other parts because of the compatibility of the processor and (dashboard).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Viditor View Post
    However, Franck was assuming that the screenshot was from a non-patched version of CPUZ...
    CPUZ is easily patched and this is done quite often by those who write and test the bios. Now you have to ask yourself, who is most likely to actually have an ES chip right now? Could it be an engineer that writes and tests bioses? Wouldn't they need to modify the way CPUZ reads the bios for info if they were working on a new model of CPU?
    Welcome Viditor - I see the AT forums are really really dead. A word of caution . Don't try your AMD fanboy stuff here these guys are way to sharp . Trust me I know. From experience.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone know what date the new cpus got pushed back to I read some article yesterday that they were being delayed
    ABIT IP35 PRO
    Intel Q6600 GO L737B @ 3.6ghz
    G. Skill DDR2 1000 - 4 gigs
    150 gig Raptor (OS)
    300 gig Seagate (Storage) 500 gig Freeagent (storage)
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Ultra X3 1000 Watt
    X-fi Fatal1ty FPS
    Watercooled: D-Tek Fuzion MCP655 Micro Res PA 120.3
    EX 8800 Full Cover Block
    Dell Ultra Sharp 24" LCD

Xtreme Member
    Jacky chan is going to whoop that assssssss

DFI SLI-DR Expert (12/5/06)
    AMD Opteron 170 (CCB1E 0550 VPMW)
    2 x 1GB Team Xtreem PC4000 Samsung UCCC
    Enermax Liberty 620W