Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mentaly`s Prometeia Experience :)

The Danfoss NL11F specs are:

The Compressor case:

The datasheet can be downloaded here:

http://www.danfoss.com/Compressors/p...1_Cg43j202.pdf
    Last edited by Petrus; 07-31-2002 at 12:54 AM.

Banned
    Ok, WTF! Why does it say no where the HP of this compressor.. By the looks it has to be a 1/20HP.. But if it's a 1/20HP Compressor I would think it impossible to get R-134A down to -40C because in order to get any refrigerant pass it's boiling point you need to have the suction side in a good vacuum and a 1/20HP compressor simply cannot do that..

I didn't know you could give a compressor more electricity too.. I mean to make it work better.. Cuz that's what they seem to do.. If it's a 1/20HP compressor then it operates at their first statement of 130W.. But then they talk about more electric going to the compressor as the heat load on it goes up.. to 150 . 175 and 22x watts.. wtf?

I'm just confused now..

Xtreme Member

roomtemp : 26°C
    idle evap temp : -43°C
    stressed evap temp : about -37°C/-38°C
    stress= three hours of prime 100%
    fx-53@210*14@1.7V, asus x800xt-PE peltier cooled-Vapochill ls
    The maddest in hardware!!

DaGooch
    The motor is rated at 235 Watt which equates to 0.315013 horsepower or roughly 1/3 horsepower.

what is the dimension of the evaparator-box, so that I can check wich nice looking case I could fit on top of it without too much overhang?

-
    gooFly
    Last edited by gooFly; 07-31-2002 at 08:31 AM.

Banned
    Gooch, how did you do that equation?

I see now.. They don't start off at 130w .. That chip or whatever that controls it goes down from 235w to save energy.. interesting.. That is still a small compressor though for 1/3HP.. I mean size wise 1/3HP is pretty big.. I guess they put that thing in a vacuum then cuz no way they could get r-134a down to -40C unless they put in R-290 as well but I doubt that would even get it down to -40C.. hmm interesting indeed..

DaGooch
    Discovery Channel site has the conversion

http://school.discovery.com/homework...ert_power.html

Originally posted by gooFly
    what is the dimension of the evaparator-box, so that I can check wich nice looking case I could fit on top of it without too much overhang?

-
    gooFly
    Approximate measures:

Height (PC case plus cooling case) = 67cm
    Height (cooling case) = 23cm
    Depth (both cases) = 45cm
    Width (both cases) = 19cm

hey Mentaly what changes have u made to the chip controller? u must have changed it right, else u wouldt get to -40 temps.

the reason why I ask is, when i tested to set the fan to operate att full speed whenever the temp goes below -29 instead of default -25 i get allot of condensation on the top of the microfreezer, seams that the built in heating element cant coap with the fan spinning at full speed most of the time. I tried this couse it helped me get another 100mhz.

this is with a t-bird 1ghz running at 1520mhz 2.1V.

Banned
    Interesting.. I find this all very interesting.. -29C sounds normal for r-134a but if they are talking about getting -40C with no load.. then that r-134a HAS to be in a vacuum.. wow.. and a 1/3HP compressor that's so small.. i'm just dazed..

Originally posted by |PuNiSh3R|
    Interesting.. I find this all very interesting.. -29C sounds normal for r-134a but if they are talking about getting -40C with no load.. then that r-134a HAS to be in a vacuum.. wow.. and a 1/3HP compressor that's so small.. i'm just dazed..
    But the temps are correct mine stays a -43ºC Idle and -35ºC load room at 25~26ºC

Xtreme Member
    Hi all

Well Wite the temps were when i received it all standard, now i have modded it with new fans PAPST, so the noise level has fallen to almost none now its -35 no load, -33 full load.

Menty
    A64 3800+ 2.6, DFI NF4 Sli-dr, 2gig Ballistix, 600 giga hd, X850XT PE, Aureon, IBM T860 18.1, Watercooled by DD RBX

ok, my temp will never go below -33 if I dont change the it with the chip-controller.

Mentaly r u using the halt commando to get a lower idle temp?

Originally posted by Mentaly
    Hi all

Well Wite the temps were when i received it all standard, now i have modded it with new fans PAPST, so the noise level has fallen to almost none now its -35 no load, -33 full load.

Menty
    That's a god idea I'll try that on my other Prometeia has the Intel does not need all that cooling power and more silence is always good

Xtreme Member
    Hi alll

Nope no haltcommand enabled, i just use standard havent messed with the Chillcontroller either.

Petrus: Well it didnt lower my temps much putting new fans on it,
    only the nosie level, and my 1600+ @ 2050 mhz 1.92 vcore,
    must be putting out some serious wattage .

Menty
    A64 3800+ 2.6, DFI NF4 Sli-dr, 2gig Ballistix, 600 giga hd, X850XT PE, Aureon, IBM T860 18.1, Watercooled by DD RBX

Technician
    Mentaly,

How easy was it to get to the fans? Ive got a pair of 190cfm delta 120mms here waiting for it .

Also - how much "play" is there in the tubing to the radiators? Im thinking of relocating the lot into a custom case so I can put papst's on one side of the rad and the deltas on the other. Rig up a switch so I can use it day to day in silence with only the papst's on and then turn them off and the deltas on for benching.

Thx,

PiLsY.

Xtreme Member
    Hi Pilsy

Very easy to get to the fans but not much room to get them out . Well not too much play in the tubing I would say if understand you correctly .

Menty

There is a new review of the Prometeia up by JCviggen here:

http://www.thenakedreview.com/index....warticle&id=81

Xtreme Member
    Anyone know how i can get one of these in the States?
    A CPU Cycle is a Terrible Thing to Waste....

They will be available in forth quarter 2002.

Banned
    Why not just put those 192CFM fans in with rheostats? keep everything in place.. turn them down.. when you bench.. crank them.. It's not really needed though.. there is only so much cooling that you can do with air on a condensor.. So you could put 5 192CFM fans on the condensor and not get any better temps.. It's not like with water cooling.. 192CFM is over kill anyway.. You don't need more then 100CFM going on that radiator.. it's only a 2 pass condensor anyway..

Granted.. once your CPU starts to heat up.. the condensor gets warmer.. cuz the more heatload you put on the liquid freon in the evaporator.. the compressor also warms up because of this.. But you still don't need 2 192CFM fans going full speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12