Quote Originally Posted by Jobeo View Post
i've found a new standard in stability testing ... its name is SUPREME COMMANDER and let me tell you this game will expose any faults in your clocking. all at once it tests cores, memory, NB, graphics, and audio all wrapped into one tight little package.

i had a clocking recently that proved OCCT stable 1hr test... it crashed within 1 minute of supcom play.

not only that it makes testing fun... although crashes can be annoying so remember to save often. prime blend is still the way to go for initial testing but the final proof is from supcom LOL

it won't show max temps for your OC though... it stresses one core very vigorously and 2 more cores provide audio and AI logic for your opponents... great way to test !!
Yes, i found this exact same thing benching my X6800 on the IN9. Thought i had it all buttoned down, couple of hrs Orthos stable @ 3.9ghz. Got bored with waiting for it to run and decided to play some sup com instead with the intention of running Orthos overnight. Within 5 mins of playing supcom I had BSOD. Definately a system intensive program.