Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the requirements for becoming an X.I.P.?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain View Post
    XS Team Old Farts,

Not sure you could keep us with us youngsters... we are after all compared to some of you, Lil' Tykes

Well Sr. Movieman, I think we've ruined this thread enough
    agreed, so I'll toss in something(hopefully) usefull.
    I don't think there's an XIP outside of a company rep that knew it was coming or expected it. I didn't. I was shocked and thought Charles was tapping the bottle that night.
    All I can see is you do what you can to help people, try and keep your temper( And I do have a bad one) and treat the people as friends that you haven't met yet.
    way too much bickering on this forum and mostly over really dumb stuff.
    " My cpu can beat up your cpu"
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I don't think there's an XIP outside of a company rep that knew it was coming or expected it. I didn't. I was shocked and thought Charles was tapping the bottle that night.
    All I can see is you do what you can to help people, try and keep your temper( And I do have a bad one) and treat the people as friends that you haven't met yet.
    I agree, people argue over stuff that really isn't worth arguing over.
    So... I'm not gonna argue the point that your CPU IS better than mine!
    BTW, what does "X.I.P." mean... pardon my ignorance...
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    I agree, people argue over stuff that really isn't worth arguing over.
    So... I'm not gonna argue the point that your CPU IS better than mine!
    BTW, what does "X.I.P." mean... pardon my ignorance...
    Its fine, I just recently figured out why some people had blue names
    "Xtremely Important Person"...
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

duh! That makes total sense now, thanks serialk11r.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    WE DO NOT!, YOU (insert antagonizing insult here)
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Cruncher
    X. I. P..... I could construed that in so many ways.

Hopefully this post doesn't hurt my chances.

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I am surprised this thread is back on topic after the WCG guys started posting :P

To become a XIP shouldnt be your goal when posting at XS. Your goal should be to help as many people out as possible and contribute useful stuff to the community. The XIP title can be seen as some kind of thank you for your efforts.
    And apart from the blue name, nothing really changes, so dont overdo it
    Last edited by Fr3ak; 04-25-2007 at 07:27 AM.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    I am surprised this thread is back on topic after the WCG guys started posting :P

To become a XIP shouldnt be your goal when posting at XS. Your goal should be to help as many people out as possible and contribute useful stuff to the community. The XIP title can be seen as some kind of reward for your efforts.
    Very well put. The only thing I would change is the word reward to a Thank you from the staff for helping. That's how I saw it.
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I edited it. Thats exacly what I wanted to express. Thanks Dave.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

I am Xtreme

To become a XIP shouldnt be your goal when posting at XS. Your goal should be to help as many people out as possible and contribute useful stuff to the community. The XIP title can be seen as some kind of thank you for your efforts.
    WCG guys? HEY we are NOT the only ones that take threads off topic, just we have our own section for doing it ;-). So if a thread is in that section its fair game, but give it that so many threads are pirated by ANYONE.
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    You dont have to tell me. I think I have been posting in that section for quite some time by now
    Not as active as I used to be, but I have a tight schedule :/
    オタク

Xtreme Cruncher
    Fr3ak don't worry a title like that doesn't influence me at all.
    I post when I think I have something to input.

Meh I've been wrong a few times.
    Always learning.

Aussie God

Except the darn section..
    .. Before Cebit, I really wanted to get access to that lounge, at/after cebit, I got other providers for HW
    ... Actually, we spoke a bit at Cebit, I was the darn bothering the guys at the g.skill stand, and Hipro5 as well, 169cm tall dude with a versace jacket and jeans
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Wow. Some of you misinterpreted what I was asking. I thought it was some sort of dues thing. If you paid you were an XIP, and got privileges of some kind. Like private forums and stuff like that. I just wondered why there were so many different colored names is all. I'm not looking for anything other than information about something I am interested in, and sharing what little knowledge I've gained over the years. I just thought XIP's got to be more involved and seemed to know one another. All I guess I'm really looking for is a way to contribute as much as I can, and I thought you had to be an XIP to do so. I have learned more in my short time as a member of this forum than I've learned in 2 years at my job. Now I know all I have to do is post to contribute, well post relevant info and not crap. I'll try to keep the crap threads to a minimal from now on.

I am Xtreme
    Pretty much, share info, don't flame, hang out, take and give the verbal exchanges with a grin, and if you are promoted, cheers, if not, well.........maybe in the future.

It seems the ones that become XIP, usually don't know it, till the rest of the forum does

Xtreme X.I.P.

Xtremesystems "XIP" Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by IFMU View Post
    Know a member who falls within these guidelines? PM one of the Staff and nominate them!!

Here is what the moderators and staff look for when appointing X.I.P.: (In order of importance)

1. A willingness to help others, particularly when an individual has little personal interest in the topic or problem. Like helping those when they ask questions that have been asked many many times.
    2. A demonstrated patience and reserve in dealing with disagreeable people.
    3. The ability to discuss or disagree in a topic on the basis of REASON rather than personal attacks.
    4. Knowledge in overclocking and computers in general.
    5. At least a little bit of time on the forums, 3 to 4 months at least.

Know a member who falls within these guidelines? PM one of the Staff and nominate them!!
    XIP Requirements

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just curious...and out comes my XS noobiness...but what does orange mean?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mcflurry4321; 06-06-2007 at 08:29 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mcflurry4321 View Post
    Thanks!

uh,............. orange you glad you are not a MOD?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Thanks!
    Supper Mod IIRC

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    uh,............. orange you glad you are not a MOD?
    Oh phelan's got jokes does he?

And what's the difference between a mod and a super mod?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Oh phelan's got jokes does he?

And what's the difference between a mod and a super mod?
    for the most part a mod is in just one or a few sections were a orange mod is in all sections just like a admin except only mod jobs not all the
    Last edited by [XC] mysticmerlin; 06-06-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

I am Xtreme
    XIP just means you're at least semi intelligent and don't cause "problems". If you get a message on AIM/MSN from a super mod saying you're on the verge of being perma banned, you can basically forget about getting it

Also, XIP has nothing to do with overclocking or benchmarking.
    Last edited by afireinside; 06-06-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Addict
    They seem to like the XIPs to conform and not really disagree about things at all in general, it is very easy for anyone to take a disagreement (like the XS PSOM discussion of ST560ZF/OCZ 700wGX) where perkam and I disagreed on a few things, yet I ended up buying a ST560ZF(and it rocks), and later a ST850ZF(and its amazing) and perky bought a OCZ 700w GX. How ironic?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    Also, XIP has nothing to do with overclocking or benchmarking.
    Yup, common misconception....XIP is a the equivalent to an "XS VIP"....doesn't have to be a WR bencher, that's what most Legends are (and the easiest way to become a Legend). XIP can range from a long-standing member, to a manu rep, to an up-and-coming great bencher we'd like to recognize, to someone with great connections and market insight, to a friendly personality that's just easy to get along with and everyone likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpchris View Post
    They seem to like the XIPs to conform and not really disagree about things at all in general, it is very easy for anyone to take a disagreement (like the XS PSOM discussion of ST560ZF/OCZ 700wGX) where perkam and I disagreed on a few things, yet I ended up buying a ST560ZF(and it rocks), and later a ST850ZF(and its amazing) and perky bought a OCZ 700w GX. How ironic?
    Huh? XIP can disagree all they want. We ultimately pick people we like and in the end that results in a group of people that tend to agree, but there's NOTHING saying they have to agree.

Whatever disagreements there were between you and Perkam have nothing to do with XIP....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks for answering my questions guys. I never thought this thread would go on for so long. Now I want to know what each color means That may take a while to find out, unless there is some sort of color chart. Kind of like our "National warning system" you know magenta is worse than mauve...that sort of thing...Then we can debate on what the best color is

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast