Thread: system unstable QX6700+P5W DH

system unstable QX6700+P5W DH

the CD that came with the mobo is very old and I can't install anything from this it clashes with the OS I have win vista 64bit

can some one please give me links to all the drivers that work with this setup i have and what I need on board to make it work right...my system

QX6700
    asus P5W DH delux bios version 1901( I flashed it)
    corsair 2X1024 8500
    wd 160gb hdisk
    vga Evga 8800gtx

the system is just very unstable...most of the drivers I try to dload don't seem to work it says invalid OS and crap like that even when I dload the right drivers...

please give me some links...

this is a big jump for me from my socket A mobile 2600 (IQYHA) and ati 9800 pro a lot of the things on this system are first time for me...cpu vga ddr2 etc...

an also what is the stock voltage for QX6700...? is it 1.3V...?
    new system on the way qx6700||corsair 8500 2X1gb||2x120gb 8mb on raid 0||evga 8800GTX||Adgy 2zs + gigaworks s750||Samsung 244T Mail me here..!

Xtreme Member
    I'm guessing you've already tried downloading the Vista 64bit drivers from ASUS.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...%20DH%20Deluxe

You might need to increase your vMCH a little bit. Also, ASUS motherboards are really bad with undervolting and voltage drooping under load so maybe try increasing vcore and see if that helps with stability.

The default vcore for the QX6700 is 1.35v however I can run mine at 3Ghz with around 1.21vcore (prime95 Small FFT droop).

i did try the asus drivers....

i will try over valting a bit...I got the blue screen 2 twice and overvolting the mem from 1.2V to 1.5V solved it...i'll try the same with this

my crt got bust...and the 24inch LCD i ordered is still 2 weeks out...so I cant do anything right now...I can't beleve my luck...

what cpu temp would be considered ok for 24/7 running on the quad...? and also what vcore...?
    new system on the way qx6700||corsair 8500 2X1gb||2x120gb 8mb on raid 0||evga 8800GTX||Adgy 2zs + gigaworks s750||Samsung 244T Mail me here..!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slair76116 View Post
    what cpu temp would be considered ok for 24/7 running on the quad...? and also what vcore...?
    Well, the general rule is to keep the CoreTemps at or below 75C while running the "Small FFT" test of Prime95 V25.1 for at least 10 minutes.

it ran prime 24.14 stable small fft test for about 20 mis and then i stopped....

right now when i try to install ntune it saya I dont have admin right and mine is the only account....and pc probe is showing 47c temp....but a crazy 334000rpm fan in pc probe...????

i have the 1901 bios updated on this should i go for the 2004 beta bios...?

Xtreme Member

i will try over valting a bit...I got the blue screen 2 twice and overvolting the mem from 1.2V to 1.5V solved it...i'll try the same with this

1.5V for the ram that's not enough volts, shouldn't specified volts for that ram be at least 1.9 to 2.1 volts, I'd look into that as a priority first off.

If I were you I'd start again and make sure you have all the correct drivers etc. Before even considering installing the os check all your voltages in bios and make sure their all set to those specified for your hardware, once you have done that then run memtest86+, at least 2 full passes or if you want to be mor througher run it for 4 to 6 hours to make sure you ram is error free.

Then consider installing a fresh os.
    Last edited by lowdog; 04-02-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Xtreme Member
    it ran prime 24.14 stable small fft test for about 20 mis and then i stopped....
    use the Small FFT 10 minute test at the same time as coretemp to see what your maximum CPU temps are.

For system stability testing you'll need to run the Blend test without error for at least 8 hours (24hours is best) Maybe give the blend test a go and see if it errors quickly.

right now when i try to install ntune it saya I dont have admin right and mine is the only account....and pc probe is showing 47c temp....but a crazy 334000rpm fan in pc probe...????

i have the 1901 bios updated on this should i go for the 2004 beta bios...?
    You might as well stick with the BIOS you've got for now.

The admin privilage issue seems to be common with Vista, there is a command that you can run to disable this but I'm not exactly sure what myself.

Also, your memory should be rated at at least 2.1v if not higher. You should run it at around 2.0vdimm at least just to ensure it has enough voltage to run stable.

I'm running mem at 2.25V sorry for the typo...because it was not stable at 2.2v which is what they claim it will do 8500 5.5.5.15 2t at....

I cant seem to run any game at all for more than 1 min the screen just freezes.....

I have gpu fan running at full and she's idling around 49c or less...

I will do the prime tests you asked tomorrow when i get off work...thanks guys for your help...you can imagine when some one puts so much of money down on a PC and it doesn't work like you planned...