Thread: Mx-eva3

Mx-eva3

Guys,

I've used extreme cooling measures before (we have a home mini freezer set up for cooling one of our rigs ATM), but about the MX-EVA3.

Did it give you guys any condensation problems? If so, how did you stop that, or does it come with anything supplied?

Overclocking Guru

Sweet, thanks Mr Guru man

New-girl on the boards, plus I still love these:

Hey OPP,

Just wondering, did you bother condensation proofing the actual evaporator block? Without the block heater plugged in the thing does get pretty chilly. I figured slapping some neoprene and Silicone II would be better for temps than using the block heater.

Hardass
    Originally posted by koneko

Welcome to Xtreme, glad you came enjoy.

Overclocking Guru
    Leo,

I sure didn't and your abosultly right. I did get a drip on my vid Card once, I started useing the heater but insulating the block would have been a better plan.

OPP

Overclocking Guru

I just read this Quote koneko, welcome to Xtreme
    We love haveing Girls on the Block

OPP

Glad to be here

When we hooked our P4 up to our freezer we used silicon as an insulator kinda. Seems to work at the moment.

Overclocking Guru
    Glad to be here

When we hooked our P4 up to our freezer we used silicon as an insulator kinda. Seems to work at the moment.
    I use to use a lot of silicone, it just was to hard to clean up off the mobo and components, what ever works though

OPP

Just a quick question, what do these EVA3's cost at average?
    I'm really thinking of getting one too, but the only store I found so far that has them, doesn't mention the price, and they don't really reply to emails either...
    Perhaps you could also give some other stores then oc-shop.nl that carry them
    Abit AN7 - XP2500+ @ XP3200+ (oc'ing still has to begin hehe) - 2x512MB OCZ PC3200EL Platinum Edition - Sapphire Atlantis 9800Pro @ XT @ default speeds - NEC ND2510A DVD/RW - LG 16x/40x DVD/CD - 2x Hitachi 400GB SATA - 2x Maxtor 200GB SATA - 1x Maxtor 120GB SATA - 1x Maxtor 40GB PATA - 2x WD Raptor 74GB (raidO) SATA - 2x Promise SATA150 TX2 - 1x Promise Fasttrack SATA150 TX4
    -------------------------------------

What's your storage?

Well to get one over to the U.S. after shipping costs $500-$600. I believe they're something like $300 if you buy them in South Korea where they are manufactured. You might want to e-mail them directly and ask what their price would be to get a unit over to Belgium.

This is all assuming that you can get your hands on one because Maxxxpert discontinued the EVA3 a few weeks ago due to QC problems (which OPP, DD, Gooch and myself have all personally seen with the units that made it to us). No idea when they'll be back on the market.
    Last edited by Leo; 07-01-2002 at 09:54 AM.