Thread: Custom Made Case U2-UFO "Replica"

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Qubelok Custom PC Case

Overclocker.com.au (OCAU) have a new case modding comp that i have entered, I thought I would also copy the log to XTremeSystems for those not members at OCAU to view as it might be of some interest :-) the main rule of the comp is stay under $200 budget :-S --->

From OCAU log

I have been a HUGE fan of the Mountain Mods U2-UFO PC cases (but not a fan of their EXORBITANT
    prices, ~$AU580 delivered to Australia :-| ) I thought i would have a crack at making a "replica" for a fraction of the cost.

For those not familar with the U2-UFO range of cases here's a couple I will be combining attributes off -->

Click here for full size pics

The fan placement of the top case will be used in my "replica" with the inclusion of the black plexi top and side panels.

Today i picked up the aluminium and nylon corners i will use for the frame of my case along with a couple of sheets of 1.5mm thick aluminium sheets for the
    front and rear panels of the case-->

Click here for full size pics

The aluminium tube and connectors are known as Qubelok, it is $AU27 for a 6meter length (the frame has ~6.25m of aluminum) The corner joiners
    i forget the exact price suffice to say they are around $AU2 a piece. I decided also I would have the company that sells Qubelok, Capral
    cut the tube to size for me, the black powder coat was $AU3 more than raw aluminum finish. The two 1.5mm aluminium sheets were $AU16ea. Total cost thus far
    is $AU97.

Things still required for completion that I don't have are stainless steel dome head cap screws & I some mirror finish plexi for inner sides of case. The
    3 black plexi for the top and sides I have in my stock pile. I will also need ~5 more 120mm fans (case will have 8 x 120's) and probably half a dozens 80's
    my good mate Steven from SycoComputers will fix me up with some blue LED fans for a good price :: wink wink :: :-)

Shall be back with update soon :-)
    Last edited by AussieJester; 04-02-2007 at 06:05 AM.