Thread: DIY Instrumentals & Acapellas.

Xtreme Recruit

DIY Instrumentals & Acapellas.

Im not sure if this is the right place to post, i did see audio & video in the group name so maybe is.

Lets get to the point, ive been producing my own music ( dance & hip hop ) for a while now and want to use the vocals out of a track for remixing.

Ive been told to get an exact instrumental of the track you want the vocals from, use adobe audition to invert it. Then mix it with the non instrumental and it cancels all beats and leaves you with the vocal you wanted.

ok that can be done but i cant get a instrumental of the track with the vocals i want.

so i need to know how to make instrumentals & what software to use ?
    "WARNING" There's a Noob in this thread "WARNING"
    I love my threads. There's 60% bad advice, 20%clueless and 20% good advice.

System
    | Antec 900 | Abit IN9 32x MAX | NForce 860i | PD 830 @ 2800 MHz | 2048 MB DDR2 | Winfast 7900 GTX| XA7-192i - 19 inchs |

Xtreme Member
    I have no experience of this, and sadly I'm not at uni, I live with two people doing audio production, but is it not possible to filter it by frequency?

RwD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    some software if you play a cd, it will seperate the different layers/tracks so you can extract the vocals and the instrumentals and what not. adobe might be able to, not sure.
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    Pretty sure this is the photography forum now but w/e. Audacity has a large support community...check it out.

CPU Z:2700 2k1:27952 2k3:12282 2k5:5763 PCM05 AQ3
    Opteron 165 s939_____OCZ RAM/PSU_____BBATI X800xl

Xtreme Recruit
    Audacity ? the program ?
    "WARNING" There's a Noob in this thread "WARNING"
    I love my threads. There's 60% bad advice, 20%clueless and 20% good advice.

System
    | Antec 900 | Abit IN9 32x MAX | NForce 860i | PD 830 @ 2800 MHz | 2048 MB DDR2 | Winfast 7900 GTX| XA7-192i - 19 inchs |

Xtreme Member
    yes.

CPU Z:2700 2k1:27952 2k3:12282 2k5:5763 PCM05 AQ3
    Opteron 165 s939_____OCZ RAM/PSU_____BBATI X800xl

Xtreme Member
    there is another thing you can to,,,, its difficult but i have done it and your not going to get the whole thing just parts

open up the thing in acid or cool edit or something with a good zoom view all you need is cut and paste...

i use to manually pic out a "loop" from a song at the part where theres no voice and depending on the song that may be all you need,,

i also did some more advanced stuff like if you cant get a clean loop get as much as you can and frankenstein 2 samples of the same loop and "stitch" one together from multiple parts,, ive made a clean loop from samples with voices on tracks with a consistent loop.

if you can get a few loops some songs thats all you need or want anyway all im saying is you can do alot manually sampling stuff its alot like photoshop at that level

last idea run it through a x-fi in theater mode, or a dolby pro logic/dd 5.1 reciever and record it with the center channel muted,,, it might move enough of the voice out, you could do a little with the eq but its not going to sound the same after

as far as finding someway to automatically do it theres winamp plugins and stuff that kinda do it and software also,, good luck with that

pm me the song and il lend you my beat stealing skills
    Last edited by hopper; 04-16-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    Asus P5W-dh + E6600 + GSKILL 2GB DDR2-800 + Seagate sata2 p-recording + X Fi with front panel + asus 8800gts

Storm + mcmicro + PA-120 + yate loon + MCP655 + ek 8800 gtx

currently working on using my wiimote for pc mouse