Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC-Vault Project List

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?

Post DC-Vault Project List

Here's an update for the DC-Vault Project Lists. Right now there are 37 projects in the DC-Vault and XS has an average of 9104 points per project out of 10,000. The list below are projects that are under our average and tend to have a few places that can easily be gained which means they will be in my sights and should be in your also. There are points out there ripe for the plucking, only need ~1200 to pass Team Norway

Project______Vault Points______Project Place______Comments
    APS@HOME______ 3702______132______no work?
    Eon ____________ 8666______7 ______1 easy gain
    DPAD ____________ 7931______13______1 easy gain
    EulerNet ____________8970______29______stats?
    OGR-25 ____________8990______797______lots of easy teams ahead but won't impact vault much
    PSP-PRP ____________8333______5 ______1 easy gain
    PRP-Sieve ____________8260______5 ______1 easy gain
    RSP-LLR ____________7500______10______1 easy gain
    RSP-Sieve ____________7941______8 ______no easy gain
    SOB-Sieve ____________7115______16______few upcoming conquests
    MoneyBee ____________9064______89______unknown

Lots of Mathematical points to be gained, especially SOB-Sieve and RSP(Riesel)-Sieve/LLR. DPAD is the only non-mathematics project that could use a boost. Go get them points guys.
    Last edited by [XC] gomeler; 12-15-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Good thinking gomeler, interesting to see it broken down in simple terms. It's a complicated problem, and certainly calls for some planning to organise our efforts. It's got my brain ticking...there's a lot to consider, timescales, people's preferences, projects going out of work - contingency plans..

I'm of the view that breaking into squads is a good idea, in an attempt to manage the power a bit. Like a BioMed Squad, Math Squad, & Physics Squad. Perhaps squads could then battle for Vault points gained, versus eachother Perhaps also a Holding squad, to visit projects where we already have #1 but are under immediate threat there I don't know really, this stuff just comes out of my brain, regardless.. I've been inspired by what we @ XS can do as a team recently, and I'm all up for taking #1 at the vault.

Last edited by jimwah; 01-02-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm running Riesel Sieve-Sieve at the moment and may pass another team by the end of the week so another 333 vault points there . The projects listed as high priority in the math's section are very hard to make headway in as the majority of teams there have been running them for years already and it's only a few teams (usually the biggest ones) that compete in it, making vault points hard to obtain, we need to hit 3rd in a few of them to get 9k vault points. So basically turn to them last if desperate for points as the majority of other projects will get us points easier.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Those are the ideas being kicked around, this thread will be updated as we figure out exactly what we will be doing Pretty soon we will bring more people into this and get ideas from a larger group, our "case study" group is still brainstorming. This can only mean good things for XS as we unit/organize. Now doing some more changes to the list and trying to make it look more pleasing to the eye.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Seasonal Attribution is finished, I could have used the help earlier... LHC has no work, I am Climate Prediction on my own, BBC Climate Change I'm going to shift some rigs to as I just switched some over to SETI but they have temporarlily run out of work, many ppl want to do well in the vault but many others oppose it, moving all of our resources to wcg

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Well apparently everytime I edit the original post in this thread vBulletin decides to create a second thread so there might be lots of little spawned threads that I'll have to clean up. Will start updating this with info as it comes in, anyone know how to make spacing work in vBulletin? Otherwise I'm stuck using the center tags and they screw up the spacing even more.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by gomeler
    anyone know how to make spacing work in vBulletin? Otherwise I'm stuck using the center tags and they screw up the spacing even more.
    I never worked out how to do it properly but I usually just use underscores in the light gray colour as they are easily overlooked .

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan
    ... LHC has no work...
    LHC has been releasing work in small batches. Quite a bit in December compared to earlier times. Keeping all your machines attached is key, so that when work is released, you get as much as possible. Also, by keeping it attached, BOINC will build up a DEBT, allowing it to crunch as much as possible to catch back up to where it should be.

Also, it is moving to a new server and project team in early January, and they expect to start sending out regular work again, as well as exporting stats. All the work that has been done lately does not yet show on any of the BOINC stat sites like DC.
    Dublin, CA
    My BOINCStats

Predictor@home has been on hiatus for several months now. However, they said that they expect to start back up soon, so keep your eyes open, and your machines attached if you want to get a jump on it.
    Dublin, CA
    My BOINCStats

Ker-Pow !
    Nice thread gomeler

I have a few grid points that should show up when they next run stats ?

Hello Zombie who do you fold as for us then your name doesnt look that familar. If your new to the team then welcome aboard.

edit: Stickied.
    Last edited by [XC]thewildblue; 01-02-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Hello Zombie who do you fold as for us then your name doesnt look that familar. If your new to the team then welcome aboard.
    I believe zombie is a member of team Macnn.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Eulernet is easy to get points in ..... I alone have got 4K in it with a single core running for a couple months and Moneybee is pretty easy as well. With a couple more machines in those we could move those down a priority.

I am running Grid as well where the points are steady, but don't come easy.

Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    I believe zombie is a member of team Macnn.
    Yep. Just being social.
    Dublin, CA
    My BOINCStats

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie67
    Yep. Just being social.
    Your always welcome here pal..
    Now if we can grab that kents of yours for one of the teams you'd be REAL welcome!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    well glad to have you here zombie, your information is important

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Some of these projects especially the sieve projects where no daily information in the stats is calculated, it would be nice to know if we got someone working on them. So a roster is a brilliant idea !

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    That function will be coming once I get the URLS/Guides in place and work on the formating

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    If you see a project w/o a URL and you know of a guide for installing it do let me know, otherwise guides will need to be created for them, hopefully within the DC-Vault forum. Thanks for all the help from everyone that I have PMed, hopefully this won't take too long

Great Idea Gomeler. Actually its the best thing that came out of the recent discussions. Now where does DPAD fit into the list. I'd be interested to know?
    AS for squads... as I see it its a free for all... just jump in and take your pick! yee haaa!

PS Hey Gomeler... betcha I'd get Megan a nicer ring... j/k//// ha ha!

EDIT: Ahhh I see... Muon1 Part. Accel. Gom: Edit that to say DPAD aswell. Thats what its comonly known as. Distributed Partical Accelerater Design.(I think)
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 01-02-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Ahh! I always wondered what DPAD stood for, I always thought DPAD as in direction pad on game controllers..

Go for it, she is currently in love with the 1/2 carat D brightness diamond on the Lucida ring from Tiffany's, I'll take it in the bag or in an envelope Please insure the envelope for ~$6000 as that was the starting cost at Tiffany's... just think of all the Kentsfields that buys.

100% Load 24/7
    Thanks for this gomeler I think some kind of roster is a good idea too. I'm running Riesel Sieve Boinc, Seti, and in about 3-4 hours I'll put one of my x2 3800's on DPAD. I know there has been a lot of discussion about this lately. I personally, would like to see us move up in the vault more than dominate a single project. I will still run WCG as my main project, but I have 4 dual core rigs for hire. If we decide to make a small team of mercenaries for attacking certain projects, put me on it.
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Duly noted, your name is now in the ledger I'm currently re-arranging my room and working on a few other things but once I have time to sit down for a second I'll finish up the linking and start adding members in roster-form.

It seems DPAD did not like my last update. I ONLY got 14k. I was sure I had about 100k. Seems its time to abuse Stephen Brooks over at project forums again.

http://stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thre...ork=qkhebcenzj

EDIT: looks like a glitch. A little delay. Got 75k in that dump. Probably ballpark.

EDIT2: Gomeler.. theres a thread I started for DPAD in the Vault main forum. I'll look for it, You can linky that too.
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 01-02-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Go ahead but while you are abusing Stephen do you know of a guide for installing DPAD, preferably on XS?

Ahahaha 666 posts, I R EVIL

No, but i do know a very chatty thread which actually touches on DPAD.http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...highlight=Dpad

Well after about 20 posts we finally get down to talking about installing it.
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 01-02-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast