Thread: Couple questions about Pentosin G11

Xtreme Enthusiast

Couple questions about Pentosin G11

Hey Peeps,

I want to redo my CPU loop pretty soon. I'm switching the Storm for a Fuzion, new heatercore, tubing, etc.

I have a bottle of Water Wetter, which has worked fine, but it does get quite foamy at first. In the description of Pentosin G11 (not the UV reactive one) at Petra's it says it's non-foaming, so...

1. Is it true that Pentosin G11 is non-foaming?

2. Do I have to worry about something clogging with the UV Reactive Pentosin G11?

I prefer the regular Pentosin G11, but it's currently out of stock, so I might have to go with the UV reactive one (assuming they are both non-foaming).

Disregarding color preference, if Pentosin G11 does get foamy, I might was well stick with Water Wetter, right? Or is Pentosin G11 a better performer (better heat conductivity)?

Thanks in advanced.
    Intel i7 3770K @4.7GHz (1.224v) | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 8GB Samsung DDR3-1866 | EVGA GTX 780 Classified
    Corsair HX850 | X-Fi Titanium HD | ATCS 840 Black

Apogee XT | DDC-2 w/ XSPC Top | XSPC RX360

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Eh? You misunderstand additives. They all REDUCE heat capacity of the coolant, not increase it. If no aluminium in the loop, don't use ANY additive, just use distilled water - has a higher heat capacity than water mixed with additive.

Is their anything other than copper, brass, or nickel-plated brass in contact with your coolant? If no, just use plain distilled, no additive. THAT is a better performer than ANY additive.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No no, I know additives reduce performance, but I always add a little to be safe. When I asked which one of the two (Water Wetter or Pentosin) was a better performer, is not because I think they make the loop cooler, is just to know which one will reduce the performance of pure water less.

So, how about my questions?
    Intel i7 3770K @4.7GHz (1.224v) | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | 8GB Samsung DDR3-1866 | EVGA GTX 780 Classified

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Makubex_GB View Post
    No no, I know additives reduce performance, but I always add a little to be safe. When I asked which one of the two (Water Wetter or Pentosin) was a better performer, is not because I think they make the loop cooler, is just to know which one will reduce the performance of pure water less.

So, how about my questions?
    Yes, it appears foamy in comparison to other liquids (i.e. distilled water =P, G200/distilled, Fluidxp). When I first fill I get a bit of foam in the res, but that subsides quite quickly. The tubes however have the appearance that the G11/distilled combo is more foamy when flowing than another alternatives. My pumps are are on max speed, but I doubt lowering the speed setting would change the appearance. Does a good job of cooling though with a 90/10 mix of distilled/G11.
    E6700 | eVGA 680i MB | 4GB OCZ Spec Ops DDR2-800 | Raptor 74GB + 150GB | eVGA 8800 GTX SLI | TJ07 | OCZ 1000w | HP LP3065 30" LCD
    D-tek Fuzion | DD 8800 GTX GPU blocks | BIX GTX 480 & 240 Rad | 2 x Swiftech MCP655 Pump | 2 x EK-Res-200...all in one pimped out TJ07 case!
    Project thread - http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=136408

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by masaville View Post
    Yes, it appears foamy in comparison to other liquids (i.e. distilled water =P, G200/distilled, Fluidxp). When I first fill I get a bit of foam in the res, but that subsides quite quickly. The tubes however have the appearance that the G11/distilled combo is more foamy when flowing than another alternatives. My pumps are are on max speed, but I doubt lowering the speed setting would change the appearance. Does a good job of cooling though with a 90/10 mix of distilled/G11.
    Hmm, sounds just like what happens with Water Wetter. Thanks.

Anyone knows if I should worry about the UV reactive G11 clogging anything?

Xtreme Mentor
    U can't possibly clog the Fuzion. If you ever clog the Fuzion, please proceed to shoot yourself. I've always used Pentosin, just not the UV type. No problems and I think it works well. I would just buy PT Nuke and get the Pentosin at a later date if you you have no mixed metal in your loop.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by situman View Post
    U can't possibly clog the Fuzion. If you ever clog the Fuzion, please proceed to shoot yourself. I've always used Pentosin, just not the UV type. No problems and I think it works well. I would just buy PT Nuke and get the Pentosin at a later date if you you have no mixed metal in your loop.
    LoL, well I certainly hope I don't clog it.

Anyway, I was thinking the same thing. Just get PT Nuke for now. Maybe add a few drops of Water Wetter for peace of mind. I don't really need the Pentosin.

Thank you all for your feedback.