Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Apogee GTX

Xtreme Addict
    the green 1, card 1 is EVGA . the black one is BFG ... EVGA runs about 10C hotter than BFG .. for some reason (even when i have BFG in slot 1 , and EVGA in slot 3, EVGA still runs about 8 C hotter)

but the funny thing is that it actually has more airflow from what i can feel than the BFG .... i think its sensor is messed up
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by ziddey View Post
    I guess it's a little too late to ask for pics of this, but if you ever (or hopefully someone else who assembles this block soon) could take pics of the underside of the top after the barbs are put in, that'd be great. It doesn't look like it'd be a big deal though. I have a problem with the apogee regular in that the delrin top is curved to direct water in a certain pattern. However, with the barbs screwed all the way in, it sticks out beyond the curve of the delrin and disrupts proper flow in the block itself.
    i already did. its that black picture with two holes.

Anyhow... umm....

i have some bad news..

This block is decimating my fusion. Its bowed for those of you wondering, and im seeing a difference even tho my loop hasnt been completely been bleeded.

i'll give you a screenie after i let this thing bleed a bit more, and settle.

But yeah.. this block is not funny from the looks of it right now.

Just to give you guys a headsup on what i mean. On 1.4V @ 3.6ghz on a E6600 L631B120

Im idling at 23C on both cores ambients about 65F. And no im not kidding. Thats with 2FC blocks, nb, sb.

My old temp apogee was doing it at 28C on these settings. My dtek about 25C. Also coretemp reports the CPU cooled after load a lot faster then the apogee and D-tek.

But yeah, its definitely a lot more restrictive then my D-tek. But this block might prove better, and not by a little either.

23C mmmmmmmm.... i likes.... :P
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-04-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
    never guessed that was coming, shocking.

andyc

Naw... naw... how can that possibly be ?

I would comment on a 4 degree difference, but I'm not credible and no one would believe me anyway
    Last edited by IanY; 04-04-2007 at 06:09 PM.

LMAO now buddy, just too funny, really. I love it. OMG, not like there's an agenda or anything, gotta love it. and I'm not directing that at you
    Damn I love this place.
    andyc
    Andy,

I would use the word "decimate" but then that would create a whole new Fatwah and then a Jihad
    Last edited by IanY; 04-04-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Chasing After Diety
    well mcoffy, you also have to count i have 2 more blocks added to my loop.

DD 680i

and MCW30 on the SB.

So i am starting to think maybe more then iany's estimates. I think this thing does tons better with more flow.

I have 2 DDC-2's incase your wondering.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    well mcoffy, you also have to count i have 2 more blocks added to my loop.

DD 680i

and MCW30 on the SB.

So i am starting to think maybe more then iany's estimates. I think this thing does tons better with more flow.

I have 2 DDC-2's incase your wondering.
    curious are you using Big typhoon backplate?
    My Heat
    i5 2500k @4.5ghz Raystorm
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 16gb(4x4) G.Skill PC12800 Ripjaws X
    x1900xt MCW60
    Rad: Thermochill PA120.3 3YL SL/ Pump: DDC2 w/ Petra's top 7/16in ID masterkleer
    Corsair 120gb Force GT SSD/ 1TB WD Black Caviar SATA
    X-Fi music/SH-203B/H62L/LH-20A1L
    Corsair HX620w /Acer AL2223W/modded TJ07

Chasing After Diety
    yes neal, i am aigomorla over at anand. Long story why the different name tho. :P
    And yeah im using a BT backplate.

Anyhow, heres a really crappy orthos.

Ouch... i'll do a longer one later on. But yeah, this GTX is seriously scary.

Those that want to see how well of a Lap i did: i went up to 1200 grit incase your wondering :P

My motherboard bend from bow mounting:

And neal's backplate question: <which is irony. i swore i would never touch TT in my h2o cooling -_-;; >
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-04-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    nice i am benching mine now as well:
    Last edited by theteamaqua; 04-04-2007 at 07:46 PM.
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

Xtreme Addict
    what temp and voltage monitoring prog is that in the background?
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Xtreme Cruncher
    yes neal, i am aigomorla over at anand. Long story why the different name tho. :P
    And yeah im using a BT backplate.

Anyhow, heres a really crappy orthos.

Ouch... i'll do a longer one later on. But yeah, this GTX is seriously scary.

Those that want to see how well of a Lap i did: i went up to 1200 grit incase your wondering :P

My motherboard bend from bow mounting:

And neal's backplate question: <which is irony. i swore i would never touch TT in my h2o cooling -_-;; >
    What were your load temps with the Apogee GT and Fuzion? Idle temps don't mean much.

Yin|Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3|Swiftech XT -> GTX240 -> DDC+ w/ Petra's|2600K @ 5.0GHz @1.368V |4 x 4 GB G.Skill Eco DDR3-1600-8-8-8-24|Asus DirectCUII GTX670|120 GB Crucial M4|2 x 2 TB Seagate LP(Raid-0)|Plextor 755-SA|Auzentech Prelude 7.1|Seasonic M12-700|Lian-Li PC-6077B (Heavily Modded)

Squire|Shuttle SD36G5M| R.I.P.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    In other words, bowed GTX with lapped CPU is marginally better than D-Tek while having several times more flow resistance?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    In other words, bowed GTX with lapped CPU is marginally better than D-Tek while having several times more flow resistance?
    Well all these blocks have pretty low pressure drop. D-tek Fuzion has the lowest of all blocks by far...thanks to the tiny round pins.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Xtreme Addict
    Can we quit with the crap that's being filled in this thread. I own a D-Tek fuzion and an Apogee GT. I'm interested in knowing how this GTX performs without fanboys or cheerleaders from either camp trying to infuse this thread with cynical remarks that are unneeded. I thought the ing fanboy wars between Wii, PS3, and the 360 were pathetic but seriously guys, give it a rest.

Let the man give out his results and take it as is without the "OMGZ U USED L33T HAX, DTEK RULZ"

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nvidia's nTune. Anyone can use it that runs a recent Nvidia card,

andyc
    It works with 7 series? I thought it only worked for G80s.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Xtreme Recruit
    4C (is that right?) is well within mount deviation anyway, it doesn't necessarily demonstrate anything. Mount might have been bad before, or new mount particularly good. Given the pressure applied, and the addition of the backplate, maybe that makes the difference.

It will be funny if Tt sales jump up because people are buying their blocks and throwing them away to get the plate - basically what I did.

I think you can buy the plate by itself tho. Just couldn't find one for sale at the time.

I expected the GTX to look better than that in situ. I kinda prefer the GT look.
    Current: E6600, AT1950XTX, P5B Dlx, 2Gb OCZ Platinum 1T, 4x320Gb Seagate, Tt Tai-Chi case, D-Tek FuZion, MCW30, Tt P500 7W pump, Swiftech 7/16" tube, HiFlow barbs, TC PA120.2, w 2x Scythe SFF21 D, Scythe SFF21 E, Scythe SY1225SL VBL
    Planned GFX loop: MCW60, DDC+ w Petra's top, BI GTS240 (or a PA if I can fit it in somehow)
    Parts waiting for attention: MCW60, PA120.2, PA160, BI GTS120, BI GTS240, Apogee GT, more Scythe fans, DDC+ w dodgy AlphaCool top that no longer leaks (but does rattle) and a box of Tt landfill that came out of the Tai-Chi

Chasing After Diety
    Well, lemme me straight up and front with you guys. I am not a swiftech fan boy, nor have i shown any favoritism to one block.

I am a waterblock whore. I have a Storm rev.2, TDX, Apogee, ApogeeGT, D-tek Fusion, and my new addition the ApogeeGTX.

As i said i havent finished my testing yet. I want to give my system a few days for the coolant to settle, and all the last min bubbles to disapate. Remember i did a entire mobo swap as well as relooping my entire system, with the addition of 2 extra blocks on my loop. And with these 2 blocks added, the temps were still LOWER then the d-tek fusion. I think this itself should merit something.

Anyhow somewhere last night she blue screened after about 5 hours. I dont know exactly why or where, but i need to keep my voltage at 1.425 to do an accurate comparision /w my D-tek config i used a while back.

But i can tell you guys some facts, and these are totally unbais statements.

1. bowing does improve performance, and i mean by a lot where its noticible.
    2. I seriously wouldnt recomend telling a newbie to buy a GTX or a GT and bow the block, and mount it.
    3. If your also running a multi block design with a single pump. < DDC-2 /w petratop. I highly advise you using a D-tek.

When i was messing with it, i turned off one of my pumps, and my temps shot up nearly 8C. The d-tek had less of a delta with 1 pump going. i think it was around a delta of 5-6C.

So on a single pump, i think its safe to say, this block would perform a TAD bit better then the d-tek provided your cooling just the CPU.

Anyhow, lemem figure out why she bluescreened last night at 5 hours. I think it was my ram timings. I was tweeking them last night b4 i went to bed.

Lastly, i wouldnt trust Nmonitor to messure any temps but my video cards, and NB/SB. I just displayed them because my evga board plays nicely with ntune. It does show accurate voltage and CPU settings. I always post a CoreTemp next to anything i post, because this seems to get the fan boys of one block, to accept my findings.

So, no, anyone that doesnt use coretemp, or TAT to monitor temps, to me = retarded.

Common, my coretemp says 37C while nview says 53C that itself should tell you a lot.

Also i think i failed to mention that both my gfx cards are overvolted to 1.5V i havent gotten around to push them to 700mhz @ SLI yet. Once i do that, were also in a new ballgame since my loop isnt independant.

But if you guys are really finding the ultimate waterblock, Its made by swiftech, and its called the MCW6500T :P aka there TEC block.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-05-2007 at 09:07 AM.

You've done well. You don't need to justify anything to anyone. If in every instance in your post above, you changed every "Apogee GTX" to "D-Tek FuZion," no one would question you, and you would become the new hero. And they like to accuse others of misplaced enthusiasm...

Pity the MCW6500 has a 226watt TEC. Its may not be enough for a nuclear reactor of a cpu.
    Last edited by IanY; 04-05-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Chasing After Diety
    i think an accurate representation of how restrictive my loop is is needed.

Here, if you guys cant say my loop isnt restrictive, YET the ApogeeGTX is still beating the D-tek. I have nothing to say... I think the GTX is still a block for people, who want extreme without going into TEC, and are running very strong pumps.

Show me a loop more complexed then mine. I'll be amazed.

Loop ORder:"

DDC-2 /1 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> ApogeeGTX -> DD 680i -> DDC-2 /2 -> MCW30 -> BIGTS 120.1 -> EK-FC7900 x 2 -> Drain Line -> Res -> repeat
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-05-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    You've done well. You don't need to justify anything to anyone. If in every instance in your post above, you changed every "Apogee GTX" to "D-Tek FuZion," no one would question you, and you would become the new hero. And they like to accuse others of misplaced enthusiasm...

Pity the MCW6500 has a 226watt TEC. Its may not be enough for a nuclear reactor of a cpu.
    I know of a few that are running Kentsfields with this block with great success. One friend hit 22,242 in 3D MArk 06 with this block and a QX6700 running at 3.96 ghz on a volt modded EVGA 680i with 8800GTX's on stock air.

With this block in place my boot up bios idle temps on my E6300 (3.45ghz @ 1.55 vcore) are -9c to -4c and loaded with TAT it gets up to 25c - 28c. I am waiting on one last cold night to run my cold air induction and borrow a friends QX and make a run for the front page of the ORB...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    When i was messing with it, i turned off one of my pumps, and my temps shot up nearly 8C. The d-tek had less of a delta with 1 pump going. i think it was around a delta of 5-6C.
    Forgive me for being untrustful, this is the most strange information. 8C because of 1 pump turned off? This implies you have extremely low flowrate with one pump, on the order of 0.1GPM, which is simply not possible.

Or the second pump, turned off, has so high flow resistance that it totally kills flow?

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Has anyone run a bowed GT or GTX and then returned the base back to flat with the stock o-ring?

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Has anyone run a bowed GT or GTX and then returned the base back to flat with the stock o-ring?
    I have not, Scott....but I am currently testing CPU blocks and could run that for you if you want. I have both blocks and both styles of o-ring. We did run this test in january and the bowed base was better than the flat base by an average of 7-9c.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy View Post
    I have not, Scott....but I am currently testing CPU blocks and could run that for you if you want. I have both blocks and both styles of o-ring. We did run this test in january and the bowed base was better than the flat base by an average of 7-9c.
    People throw numbers around like this, but guess what? NOT POSSIBLE even Swiftech will tell you that. Anyway, my interest is in seeing what happens to the apogee base AFTER it has been bowed and mounted then returned to FLAT. Will it ever be flat again?

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

I am using a ThermalRight backplate, but I'm starting to get concerned with all the mobo flexing. I did try the flat Apogee GT, but I guess I messed up the mounting because the performance differential between bowed and flat became worse. No, the temps didn't go through the roof, but it certainly seemed like bowing the base is a one-shot deal.

I still maintain that the D-Tek FuZion is a superlative block, but we have a hard fought contest here and I believe that it would be difficult to replicate GTX performance without some serious work on the FuZion.

PhillyBoy, 3.96 Ghz on a Kentsfield with the MCW6500T? I don't think I have heard about those results before! Wow, I must admit I'm impressed, and so I have been proven wrong!

Chasing After Diety
    Forgive me for being untrustful, this is the most strange information. 8C because of 1 pump turned off? This implies you have extremely low flowrate with one pump, on the order of 0.1GPM, which is simply not possible.

Or the second pump, turned off, has so high flow resistance that it totally kills flow?
    look at my picture above. That should clear up the flow questions. I took it so there wouldnt be any questions regarding my FLO.

And yeah,1 pump off ~ 8C Its my dayam FC blocks. They suck unless you have a lot of flow.

If your gonna run NB.SB blocks, as well as FC cards on SLI. IWAKI or dual DDC-2 FTW... thats all i need to say.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-05-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast