Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Apogee GTX

Nikhsub1,

No doubt. We greatly appreciate your tests.

Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be a place to share ideas and a passion for what we call watercooling?
    The problem is that the level of passion is extremely high, no different from the inside of a Mujaheeden masadrah in Peshawar

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoffey View Post
    you can and should, just got to be prepared to duck when the other guy shares his back at you, at a very hi rate of speed

andyc
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Chasing After Diety
    Well heres a 1 hour orthos. I doubt coolant can raise up any higher after this point. I'll see if i can leave it on tonight b4 i goto bed.

yeah im throughly pleased with this product. Only peeve is the short screws if you use a backplate, but im sure this is something gabe can fix up right away.

Xtreme Addict
    i got mine from petras

vcore is 1.58 set in bios .. only 1.489v in speedfan ?!?!???

and yeah cant use Intel TAT on nv boards , and core temp .95 crashes my comp ... sign

ambient around 23 to 24C, and CPU temps gets to 50c sometimes during the small ftt phase of blend i think

and Coollaboratory PRO rocks !!1!! woo hoo!@!! i cleaned my CPU with arctic remover than purifier about 3 times, then it stick to the surface of my CPU
    Last edited by theteamaqua; 04-06-2007 at 01:13 AM.
    E6600 @ 3.6
    IN9 32x MAX
    EVGA 8800Ultra
    750W

to NaeKuh: ...do u think that 1 laing D5 is powerful enough for that block?....my loop consists of PA120.3,PA120.2,5l expy,Swiftech MCW60-R-vga block,Swiftech MCW30-chipset block...and i'm expecting GTX of course.......

Xtreme Member
    I wanna get some watercooling done, and im reading around this section of the forum, but im new to it all. One of the things i keep seeing but not understanding is this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Has anyone run a bowed GT or GTX and then returned the base back to flat with the stock o-ring?
    Anyone care to explain the meaning of bowed and flat is? I know the actual meaning of the words, but not in this conjunction :p

Also, the whole discussion of corrosion, couldnt you put anti-corrosive fluids in your loop? Or will it give higher temps?

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Rava6e - Swiftech has release a fatter oring for the apogee GT blocks. This fatter oring causes the base to bow, or become very convex in the center when the block is tightened down. With the stock oring, which is the way all the blocks ship, the base if perfectly flat. As for the corrosion issue, it depends on who you ask. Swiftech has claimed that the new PLATING process is virtually bullet proof. Me personally, I'll not use anything aluminum because I am psychologically scared for life after seeing (and experiencing) horrific corrosion with anodized aluminum.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Rava6e View Post
    I wanna get some watercooling done, and im reading around this section of the forum, but im new to it all. One of the things i keep seeing but not understanding is this.

Anyone care to explain the meaning of bowed and flat is? I know the actual meaning of the words, but not in this conjunction :p

Also, the whole discussion of corrosion, couldnt you put anti-corrosive fluids in your loop? Or will it give higher temps?
    The difference over bowed versus flat is a simple o-ring replacement that I believe Swiftech is now shipping with all of the Apogee GT's. The GT's at time of release had a slimer o-rings which inturn resulted in a flat base. When you replace the o-rings the base bows ) some say it will give better contact with the Intel IHS, in my case it did. I installed my GT with slim and fat o-rings, the difference in temps was marginal.

Yes, you can use anti-corrosive fluids in your loop. Temperature wise I did not notice an increase. The majority believe that it's best to avoid these fluids and use distilled water only with a couple drops of algacide. Depends on if you're looking for the UV bling effect or not.

Posted @ the same time as Nik.

Overclocking Guru
    I don't know if this was mentioned before or not, but the fact is that the big wig engineers (smart guys) at Intel told Swiftech how to coat the aluminum. I'm pretty sure they knew what they where talking about. Then again, they are only INTEL

OPP
    Last edited by OPPAINTER; 04-06-2007 at 08:36 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I might as well throw this out there as well. I no longer use my Apogee GT. I sold it, replaced it with a Fuzion. The Fuzion will be replaced with a Apogee GTX this weekend. When my loop dies a horrible death because I used aluminum I'll buy everybody who told me so a beer.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard H20 View Post
    I might as well throw this out there as well. I no longer use my Apogee GT. I sold it, replaced it with a Fuzion. The Fuzion will be replaced with a Apogee GTX this weekend. When my loop dies a horrible death because I used aluminum I'll buy everybody who told me so a beer.
    There you go

Once it dies we will Have the Boys at Intel beat up and fired!

OPP

I am Xtreme
    I got a bit of aggression I want to relieve, just have not found the right outlet.

Even if I don't a GT/GTX/Fuzion

cause well its theraputic.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Rava6e View Post

You take that ruber ring that comes with the kit:

replace it with the one thats preassembled on the block.

and then clamp that little mofo as really tight on your board so it warps like this. :P

But make sure you use a blackplate like this:

Heh... my little guide to you guys on how to do a BOW mod. :P

But i would seriously wait for nikhsub. According to iany also, this might be a one shot deal. Meaning either, once you take it off, your board and block mounting maybe sqewed forever??? or your stuck with bow mounted blocks.

As for me, i go though new boards and blocks almost every year, so i want THE best possible cooling on water. Maybe if i was going back to TEC's which i will soon, i wouldnt attempt a bow mounting.

But then again, i have another A1 board thats already preassembled with a 6500 and preinsulated. Its just waiting for another QX to roll around that got sold.

Soooooooooooooooooooo.... For now, yeah i may damage my board, but i definitely deserve bragging rights for now...
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 04-06-2007 at 09:53 AM.

I love my bowed GTX and will never go back. As far as I am concerned, given its industry experience and expertise, Swiftech's word is good enough for me. Unlike many others, they have an actual reputation at stake.

Chasing After Diety
    so what is it iany? is the board screwed forever once you take off the block?

or is the board forever restricted to bow mounting?

I dont want to to risk removing my block now that its PERFECTLY, well in my eyes perfectly, mounted.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Your motherboard seems seriously bowed even with a back plate?

I think the T bar shape of the Thermaltake back plate doesn't do much.

Where as a thermalright four armed one would create even pressure from the centre of the plate meaning it wouldn't bow as much?

If it ain't watercooled, I don't wanna know.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekrel View Post
    Your motherboard seems seriously bowed even with a back plate?

I think the T bar shape of the Thermaltake back plate doesn't do much.

Where as a thermalright four armed one would create even pressure from the centre of the plate meaning it wouldn't bow as much?
    you know thats what i thought too....

But looking at all the other pictures ive seen, and all the different backplates people have been using. I think i have the least amount of bow out of all the people ive seen.

I didnt put any pressure on the end. I let the board naturally climb up to show the bow. So my bow is realtively small in comparision with someone else. But This is a price one has to pay for bowing. And the price maybe expensive, but very worth it in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    so what is it iany? is the board screwed forever once you take off the block?

or is the board forever restricted to bow mounting?

I dont want to to risk removing my block now that its PERFECTLY, well in my eyes perfectly, mounted.

Naw.. the mobo is fine. Your block is bowed in eternity. You will see it especially when you try to put on the small O-ring, but why would you ever want to do that?

If it ain't broke, you don't fix. I'm buying another Asus to mount permanently, and continue messing with this one.

think it's too much tight for the main...don't you think?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 @ 3,6
    MB: Asus P5K Deluxe
    RAM: 4*1 GB Cellshock PC8000
    STORAGE: 2x 80 Gb Samsung Raid 0
    VIDEO: Asus 8800 GTX
    POWER SUPPLY: Tagan Easyconn 700W
    CASE: Cooler Master Stacker
    LCD: Samsung 205BW
    COOLING CPU: Tuniq Tower

Chasing After Diety
    well, thats how tight the manual said i needed it for a good bow mounting.

Also if you read the start of the thread, as well as other o ring questions, i think my bow is less then what most people get.

As i said, this is definitely not a newbie block. On a complex lvl of mounting like this, if i was a newbie, id be scared out of my pants. The 680i board aint cheap!!

But ive broken Opty's 175's Pentium's D and other things, that if its "worth" the risk. Then i'll take it. And most cases, it has like now. Im loving the fact that i have a 3.6ghz E6600 which loads a tad above 40C, and idles at 22C now.

Honestly, what more could i ask for on a non sub ambient cooling system??

Chasing After Diety
    ahahahaha.. as i have said... if you look at all the other people with successful bow mounting, i think my bend is small. And if i had used swiftech's stock screws, the bend would of been a lot worse.

This is why i asked gabe, he should replace the stock screws with ones a tad bit longer for people that want to bow mount with backplate.

And this TT backplate is friggin indestructible. I tried to bend it on whim, tried to DRILL though the spare i had out of boredom, and it was almost unphased. If you have one, you'll completely understand my statement.

:P

I am Xtreme
    ahahahaha.. as i have said... if you look at all the other people with successful bow mounting, i think my bend is small. And if i had used swiftech's stock screws, the bend would of been a lot worse.

This is why i asked gabe, he should replace the stock screws with ones a tad bit longer for people that want to bow mount with backplate.

And this TT backplate is friggin indestructible. I tried to bend it on whim, tried to DRILL though the spare i had out of boredom, and it was almost unphased. If you have one, you'll completely understand my statement.

Its not completely unbendable, but does take a bit of effort, and I think at that point you are on teh verge of breaking something FAR more fragile.

I have a TTBT and have the mounting plates, they are nice and I use one on the back of the Expert that I have my G5 mounted on.

I will more then likely use it when I mount the G5 on the kentsfield and 680I.
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerswim8 View Post
    whats a G5? pics?
    Cathar's, Little River Silver Storm Block.

Mr Swiftech

sorry I didn't respond.. when the backplate is available, it will come with its own screws, washers and spacers to mount the block

Congrats on your overclock!
    CEO Swiftech

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast