Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech MCR-220 Leaking Please HELP FAST!!

Swiftech MCR-220 Leaking Please HELP FAST!!

I recently just got my MCR-220 and i was dry fitting and got everything connected, and i went to start putting the liquid in the system and it got to the rad it started leaking out the bottom of it.. and i just got this brand spanking new. wut can i do?

Hardware Specs:
    Cooling: Water Cooled¹, Air Cooled², Memory Cooled³
    Processor: Pentium 4 Prescott 2.8 OC @ 4.4Ghz
    Videocard: BFG 7800 GS OC 256Mb OC @ 500/1500
    Motherboard: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
    Memory: 2x Patriot 512Mb DDR400 @ 210Mhz
    Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster 24-bit Live!
    PSU: Rosewill ATX 350W <getting new one soon...>
    Storage: 2x WD 36.7GB Raptors 10,000RPM RAID 0
    Case: Nvidia Edition CMaster Stacker 830 Evo

¹ - Swiftech Storm CPU Block, Swiftech Micro-Res, Swiftech MCR220 Radiator /w 4 Fans, Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra.
    ² - 10x 120mm Green LED Case Fans. 4x Side, 1x Back, 1x Top, 2x Top Rad, 2x Bottom Rad. All Have 80CFM @ 2000RPM.
    ³ - Corsair Dominator Memory Airflow Fan With 3x 5000RPM Fans

From the bottom, not from the barbs? That's a faulty radiator. I would call the store and exchange it fast.

Hopefully, the leak is springing from the barbs.

yea its not leaking from the barbs, unless from underneath.. iuno. just i doint see leaking from the top of barbs. its seaping through the bottom

Hardware Specs:

¹ - Swiftech Storm CPU Block, Swiftech Micro-Res, Swiftech MCR220 Radiator /w 4 Fans, Alphacool Laing DDC-Pump 12V Ultra.
    ² - 10x 120mm Green LED Case Fans. 4x Side, 1x Back, 1x Top, 2x Top Rad, 2x Bottom Rad. All Have 80CFM @ 2000RPM.

I think the rad is no good. You can try using silicon sealant where there is a leak, but why bother with that. Get the store to send you a new rad.

I hope the screws you used to mount the fans were not too long.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Did you put PTFE tape on the barbs?
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    I think the rad is no good. You can try using silicon sealant where there is a leak, but why bother with that. Get the store to send you a new rad.

I hope the screws you used to mount the fans were not too long.
    ^^ i think that was the problem all 8 screws were about little less than 1 inch long i didnt know the pipes in a rad were those slim metel things

Hardware Specs:

Sorry to do this to you being a noob here and all ... But.

I am glad that after ripping nicksterr a new *** here (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=214178) for recommending some changes to your parts list (1 of them being a MCR rad over the one you chose), that you finally starting asking peeps here (the WC Gods Playground) for their opinions. Just try to keep an open mind here unlike the behavior you demonstrated over on the other forum.

Cheers!

BTW: I wish you the best on a resolution to your MCR Leakage!
    Last edited by Krowten-Dog; 03-08-2007 at 01:18 PM.

I think you b0rked the radiator. You're supposed to use 1-1/4 inch screws from the outside edge of a 120x25mm fan, or a 1/8" to 1/4" screw at most if you are not mounting a fan.

You say you mounted a screw of 1 inch.. I don't see how you would use a 1 inch screw to secure anything. If you used that for a protection grill, you will definitely puncture the radiator.
    Last edited by IanY; 03-08-2007 at 01:16 PM.

I think you b0rked the radiator. You're supposed to use 1-1/4 inch screws from the outside edge of a 120x25mm fan, or a 1/8" to 1/4" screw at most if you are not mounting a fan.

You say you mounted a screw of 1 inch.. I don't see how you would use a 1 inch screw to secure anything. If you used that for a protection grill, you will definitely puncture the radiator.
    yea i used 1-1/4in screw for the top with grillz but on the bottom for those 2fans i used a different set which are like 2/3 the size of the 1-1/4in ones so i had to put them in the inside part of the fan and they went threw the flat pipes.

im going to see wut ppcs are going to do for me, if they cant do anything ill just order another rad.

Hardware Specs:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crafthell
    yea i used 1-1/4in screw for the top with grillz but on the bottom for those 2fans i used a different set which are like 2/3 the size of the 1-1/4in ones so i had to put them in the inside part of the fan and they went threw the flat pipes.

im going to see wut ppcs are going to do for me, if they cant do anything ill just order another rad.

Yeah you punctured the main pipes for the rad with the fan screws. Bummer.

probably nothing because you did cause the damage. and since it's used, they probably won't replace it. not unless you lied... and that wouldn't be good, now would it?

Admin
    Sorry about your misfortune. Maybe you can put some J/B Weld on the hole. I bet that will work
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Banned
    Got a solder iron and some solder?? Rub it down and solder it up, get it nice and hot mind so the solde will flow into it and be all clean and nice

Xtreme Recruit
    Hank? Part with a nickle? Please........
    X6800
    EVGA 680i
    2x 8800gtx
    Team Group

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubage
    Hank? Part with a nickle? Please........
    he emailed im guessing someone at ppcs.. we shall see wut they will do..

heres a copy of the email he sent to me and debbie..

Hi Debbi,

Anything we can do for this gentleman? Used the screws from the CM shroud
    and rad punctured. Let me know. thanks

Best Regards,
    Hank Baron

Performance PC's, Inc.
    2600 Kirby Cr. NE
    Unit #1
    Palm Bay, FL 32905

(321) 725-9969
    sales@performance-pcs.com
    www.performance-pcs.com

Hardware Specs:

Not to say I told you so or anything, but IIRC this info is in the guide. After the number of rad puncteres that I have seen here on the forums I made a distinct effor to tell ppl which screws to use so that they would NOT put holes in their radiators..

Looks like something else might have a leak...wow just a year ago I had a well known member of this forum attack me when I stated they were insolvent.

RCHN -- Rouchon Industries, Inc.
    Com (No Par)
    SEC Order Of Suspension Of Trading (Announcement)

Lakewood, CA, Mar 8, 2007 (Pink Sheets News Service) — The Securities and Exchange Commission ("Commission" or "SEC") today announced the temporary suspension, pursuant to Section 12(k) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act"), of trading in the securities of the following issuer, commencing at 9:30 a.m. EST on March 8, 2007, and terminating at 11:59 p.m. EDT on March 21, 2007:

Rouchon Industries, Inc. (RCHN)

The Commission ordered this trading suspension because of questions that have arisen regarding the adequacy and accuracy of publicly disseminated information concerning among other things: (1) the company's assets, (2) the company's business operations, (3) the company's current financial condition, and/or (4) financing arrangements involving the issuance of the company's shares.

The Commission cautions broker-dealers, shareholders, and prospective purchasers that they should carefully consider the foregoing information along with all other currently available information and any information subsequently issued by the company.

Further, brokers-dealers should be alert to the fact that, pursuant to Rule 15c2-11 under the Exchange Act, at the termination of the trading suspension, no quotation may be entered unless and until they have strictly complied with all of the provisions of the rule. If any broker-dealer has any questions as to whether or not it has complied with the rule, it should not enter any quotation but immediately contact the staff in the Division of Market Regulation, Office of Interpretation and Guidance, at (202) 551-5760. If any broker-dealer is uncertain as to what is required by Rule 15c2-11, it should refrain from entering quotations relating to the security of the company listed above until such time as it has familiarized itself with the rule and is certain that all of its provisions have been met. If any broker-dealer enters any quotation that is in violation of the rule, the Commission will consider the need for prompt enforcement action.

The SEC's Office of Investor Education and Assistance has information for investors and members of the general public on topics directly related to this action by the SEC. See http://www.sec.gov/investor/35tradingsuspensions.htm.
    Xeon 2.66 x2
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3000G
    SATA Raid 0
    All Liquid

Xtreme Cruncher
    Uhh, wtf?
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

yea its not leaking from the barbs, unless from underneath.. iuno. just i doint see leaking from the top of barbs. its seaping through the bottom
    Crafthell thanks I needed a good laugh today.LMAO
    Classified760,920D0,AppogeeXT,EK Classifed block,Intel 160GB SSD,3X320gb raid0,Samsung1TB,HX1000 Psu,4870X2 w/EK full cover block,Zonar HDAV1.3, dualMCR320 rads,DDC pump W/XSPC top,D5 pump EK top.

Eric, are you ok? I think you might have posted in the wrong section.

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar5150
    Looks like something else might have a leak...wow just a year ago I had a well known member of this forum attack me when I stated they were insolvent.

RCHN -- Rouchon Industries, Inc.
    Com (No Par)
    SEC Order Of Suspension Of Trading (Announcement)

Lakewood, CA, Mar 8, 2007 (Pink Sheets News Service) — The Securities and Exchange Commission ("Commission" or "SEC") today announced the temporary suspension, pursuant to Section 12(k) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act"), of trading in the securities of the following issuer, commencing at 9:30 a.m. EST on March 8, 2007, and terminating at 11:59 p.m. EDT on March 21, 2007:

Rouchon Industries, Inc. (RCHN)

The Commission ordered this trading suspension because of questions that have arisen regarding the adequacy and accuracy of publicly disseminated information concerning among other things: (1) the company's assets, (2) the company's business operations, (3) the company's current financial condition, and/or (4) financing arrangements involving the issuance of the company's shares.

The Commission cautions broker-dealers, shareholders, and prospective purchasers that they should carefully consider the foregoing information along with all other currently available information and any information subsequently issued by the company.

Further, brokers-dealers should be alert to the fact that, pursuant to Rule 15c2-11 under the Exchange Act, at the termination of the trading suspension, no quotation may be entered unless and until they have strictly complied with all of the provisions of the rule. If any broker-dealer has any questions as to whether or not it has complied with the rule, it should not enter any quotation but immediately contact the staff in the Division of Market Regulation, Office of Interpretation and Guidance, at (202) 551-5760. If any broker-dealer is uncertain as to what is required by Rule 15c2-11, it should refrain from entering quotations relating to the security of the company listed above until such time as it has familiarized itself with the rule and is certain that all of its provisions have been met. If any broker-dealer enters any quotation that is in violation of the rule, the Commission will consider the need for prompt enforcement action.

The SEC's Office of Investor Education and Assistance has information for investors and members of the general public on topics directly related to this action by the SEC. See http://www.sec.gov/investor/35tradingsuspensions.htm.
    WOW, Swiftech
    X6800
    EVGA 680i
    2x 8800gtx
    Team Group

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Xtreme Guru
    in english please, what does all that jibberish mean exactly?

Xtreme Guru
    Its not jibberish in the context of the Securities and Exchange Commission All it means is that it may not be what it appears to be. If the holding company is insolvent, it does not mean that Swiftech is insolvent. Swiftech the operating company can be flush with cash. Since the stockholders of Rouchon Industries are essentially Mr. Rouchon and.. Mr. Rouchon.. The board of directors of Rouchon Industries, with Mr. Rouchon as Chairman, can vote to dissolve the publicly llsted company. Life moves on. Swiftech continues to sell lots of water cooling equipment.
    So is that good bad left right up down or what?

In all likelihood, the Swiftech operating company is well capitalized and generates healthy operating cash flow. Rouchon Industries can simply reverse engineer the enterprise and spin off the operating company.
    No read the unaudited reports...glub, glub, glub

http://www.pinksheets.com/quote/finance.jsp?symbol=RCHN
    Xeon 2.66 x2
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3000G
    SATA Raid 0
    All Liquid

Xtreme Guru
    crafthell if there is one thing i will say to you, fluid xp has one of the worst reputations out there for coolant for wc systems. If i was you i would be using the proven pentosin+pt nuke+distilled water= success method.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast