Thread: PROB Asus P4c800 / Promi o_O

PROB Asus P4c800 / Promi o_O

Hello there: another "n00bie" found his way here

Okay what do I want here o_O : HELP pls

I am suffering under extreme problems with my Promi, i.e. ALWAYS random "reset-reboots" in Windows, just as if someone has turned the reset switch!

My setup:
    Prometeia Mach II
    Asus P4C800
    P4 3.0 800Mhz
    2 x 512Mb Corsair PC3200CL2
    True Power PSU 380Watts
    Radeon 9800Pro

I already tested different BIOS versions, another PSU (431Watts Enermax), different RAM settings, running only stick of RAM and also already de- and re-installed the whole system 4 times!
    But all still the same!
    With my aircooler (Swiftech MCX4000) the CPU has been able to push 3495Mhz/233Mhz FSB rock solid @ 1.5750V.
    But now even that cannot be obtained stable although the CPU sits @ -36°C idle. So installation doesnt seem to be the issue either. And when i switch back to my aircooler, everything is rock-solid again @ 3495Mhz! So the prob definitely has to be with the Promi/Mobo/CPU combo.
    I am gonna test a 2.8@533 the weekend and if not I am already considering to change to a Springdale'ed Asus P4P800?
    But any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
    Is it possible that my board is holding me back? Is it the CPU?
    Anyone having the same probs? And more important for sure: anyone solved them??

I don't get it why my sys will run aircooled & @ 40°C @ 3495, whereas supercooled & -36°C only at the default 3000Mhz!?
    Especially since I have seen reviews with just exactly the same setup as I am using!

Help me guys...pls

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looks to me like that chip just doesnt like sub zero temps.

Xtreme Legend
    I think you're probably right Ewok, I've had 2x 3.0c's that don't like temps below 0c. But mainly they seem to be ok, it's just a matter of luck I suppose.

I never found a solution, except to change the cpu.
    Last edited by Hiwayman; 05-29-2003 at 11:03 PM.