Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Anima Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
    Nice sketchup, I need to learn how to use that. One thing I would do is use a 120.2 rad and not dual 120.1 rads.

I've personally found acrylic to be a royal pain, took forever to cut it, was almost impossible to make a semi-curved edge, and it would crack so easily. Took me a few hours just to cut a side window piece. Although maybe I'm just a big noob, or the cheap acrylic I got at home depot was too cheap, or a little of both
    Too thin + too cheap = lose. Thicker stuff is way easier to work with, it takes a ton of force to make 1/4 inch acrylic crack haha.

Anyway, 120.2 wont fit, dual 120.1's will. And nOObtard over at hardforums has been nice enough to purchase one of the Black Ice Pro's I need for me, so now I'm just looking for a second and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by xB0n3s
    Man I wish I could be so good as you are and have patience for modding...
    Patience? Yeah, or alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfall
    hey man really nice looking project you have going here, greate stuff.

btw i was just thinking.. that kind of hardware are you planing to use?
    and what does your case mod's name "anima mundi" mean? is it latin or something.
    I'm probably going to pick up a cheap A64 S939 CPU and some suitable mATX motherboard. One, it's cheap (both for under $100), and two, I have plenty of DDR laying around that I could scrounge.

Anima Mundi is supposed to be the life force of the earth (you FF fans would know it as Gaia). Wikipedia has a better explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful
    Not really. Take a look, http://xtremesystems.org/forums/show...8&postcount=25

Took me about 2 hours.
    Very nice work!

-100c Club Member
    That will be really nice case

regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    How are you going to fit the corners and edges of the case together? Some time of nut/bolt system or will you be using a glue of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Seufar
    How are you going to fit the corners and edges of the case together? Some time of nut/bolt system or will you be using a glue of some sort?
    I'll be using a glue - plexi block - bolt system I do believe, I'll post a sketchup with the side panels on and all that jazz.

or...

Xtreme Member
    looks good to me

can't wait till next update!

the second choice looks better ...

A little foot work. For whatever reason this plexi just does NOT like to be flame polished. I think I'm going to have to break it apart and do it piece by piece to get some sort of a decent finish.

Next thing I have to do is decide on a color scheme so I can start painting and lighting this thing. Should I go with black paint and white lighting like I planed with Oracle? Or maybe red paint with some red high lighting and white main lights? Some shade of gray for paint? Thoughts? Suggest paint color, pinstripe color, main lighting color, and highlighting color please.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    black paint with white lighting please

Small update. Sorry about the pictures, my camera is at my new shop. Just worked on the feet a bit more, trying to get them to polish up better.

And now for something a little different...

Now do you notice the water between me and the lights? Nice night out on the water, right? Well considering I'm sitting on the top of a pickup, not so much. That pickup happens to be an F 350 with an 8 inch lift running on 40 inch tires, and there was enough water to pick us right up. Ended up drifting about 300 feet before we stopped moving. And yes, we got rescued by a man in a boat. So that was my Monday, how was yours?

There will probably be one more update before I have to take a break for a while. I'm moving into a new 3000 square foot shop, so that's going to take up the majority of my time for the next few weeks. Any modders in the Bellingham, Washington area that need a place to work should get a hold of me, we can work something out.

Anyone see the mistake I made?

LIGHT!

So I'm thinking that I might frost the edges of the feet (yes, after I put in all those hours flame polishing them) to diffuse the light and spread it out a bit.

Thoughts?

PSU is mounted wrong, fan is pointing "out" to the side of the case, rather than "in" towards the motherboard ect.

Quote Originally Posted by simonnance View Post
    PSU is mounted wrong, fan is pointing "out" to the side of the case, rather than "in" towards the motherboard ect.
    Indeed.

Thanks to nOObtard for the radiators!

Updates incoming.

Well I have good news and bad news.

I thought I was going to have a wonderful update involving a painted, glued, and lit cube that was literally two steps from completion. Instead, I have to start over from the beginning.

I was/ am using Krylon Fusion, a paint that has worked very well for me in the past. I wiped down all the parts, masked off the edges, stuck on the templates for my artwork, and started laying down the paint. It spidered webbed on me (can't remember the technical term, orange peel only much less dense). Okay, I figure, I'll just sand the effected pieces down, clean it better, and start again. Then I flipped one of the pieces over, and found this.

The plexi cracked along the webbing. I have never had this happen, ever. It made the stuff so brittle it cracked in half just from being tossed on the bench.

Worst case scenario, I have to redo the entire case from scratch. Best case scenario, I save most of the panels, and Anima Mundi gets a twin because I've already cut all new panels.

Just by the by, my buddy Paul hung out all night and took pictures with his snazzy camera (I want to say it's an xTI, plus some fancy lenses, but photography is his hobby, not mine). So if you want to go check his snapshots out, you can click HERE

Xtreme Member
    Ouch, hard luck! Hope you can salvage and complete it, will be great when done!
    MSI K9N Diamond 1.2 Bios
    AM2 X2 5600+ @ 3.3 Ghz
    2 GB Firestix DDR800
    MSI HD2900XT
    Silverstone Zeus PSU
    X-FI Xtreme Music
    Antec 900 Case
    Petra's basic H2O Kit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sorry to see the plexi, but these things happen, anyway looking very nice, keep up the good work.

Hope! Slight cracking in a couple small spots. Saved all but the top panel.

Well look what I just so happened to cut? Enough panels to build Anima Mundi's twin brother? Perhaps...

Not identical twins though. What am I doing here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12