• Microsoft Vista Ultimate

169 13.25%
  • Microsoft Vista Home Premium

44 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The New "Best OS" Poll

Threaded View

LoL! Been doing this a while...

Nux history: Cut my teeth on Debian, tried the others (remember those 6-Paks?) settled on Slackware. Truthfully, IMHO, there is FreeBSD - then there's everything else... but enough of that!

Went through all the versions of MSDOS - ending up using DR-DOS/QEMM on everything - Server, desktop, portable, lappy, yada, yada...

Tried all the versions of Windows, starting with v1.0 (still have it in the closet - single 5 1/4" floppy). Looked like Norton Commander, sorta...

Hated ALL versions of Windows until Win95 came out - used IBM OS/2 instead. Stopped around the time Warp came out - could see the writing on the wall.

Ending up settling on Win98SE, way longer than I should have!

Came late to Windows 2000 (W2K Pro). Only reason I started using it was, that's what they used at work. Grew to love it! Still use it...

Never did like XP (sorry)! Not knocking it! I installed it on lots of friend's machines. Just wasn't for me...

Having said all that, I bought a lappy recently with Vista HP. Gotta say, I hated it at first, but now that I'm starting to get used to the underpinnings I'm starting to love it too, especially after turning off the pagefile system and enabling the ReadyBoost feature.

Once again, I see the handwriting on the wall...
    Last edited by VinDSL; 10-08-2007 at 03:24 PM.