Thread: SoB Sieve

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?

SoB Sieve

So I've sieved about 2500G or so for PSP Sieve and I suddenly though "Doesn't SOB Sieve do the same thing?" So.. does the SOB Sieve use the same numbers as the PSP Sieve and if so how can I submit my results? Might as well get as much credit as possible

Xtreme Cruncher
    I tried SoB sieve, but couldn't figure out how to submit stuff right, as I never got points for what I submitted.

That's about all I can say for that. You might stop by the SoB forum at FDC to ask about it.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Ahh damnit, that requires me making an account on ANOTHER forum for another project Time to figure this out as the view from 49th place isn't too hot.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Ok Figured things out, going to make another announcement in the DC-Vault area also.
    When Sieving for PSP or SOB Sieve you are performing the same process for both projects just for different K values (I think?). So what this means is that if you are using the proper SOB.dat file when sieving, you are sieving for SOB and PSP factors. Continue doing what you guys do for PSP Sieve but when you finish up a range, head over to http://www.seventeenorbust.com/sieve/ and submit your results. You will need to create a user if you haven't got one already, XSTM users should use the standard login with username being XSthemachine. I just submitted some results so hopefully we will see some points in SOB Sieve. Now time to dominate on two fronts

Xtreme Cruncher
    We got 200 DC vaults points in SoB Sieve today. We now have a total of 800. I am moving some more cores to SoB Sieve.

Today I just started to using the combined dat file which will allow me to also send the data to PSP Sieve. Hopefully when I send them to PSP Sieve they get scored. The ranges I am testing are from the SoB sieve site.

SoB sieve has a scoring system where your points from a factor can get increased for factors that were summited months to years ago. Here is a link where they talked about this:
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7709

Sob Sieve is a little bit of work because files need to be zipped and emailed along with the range in the subject name. For sending in factors to get points I am using their sobistrator tool. A factor can be sent in as you get it.

Welcome to SOB glennpat BTW. I only noticed.

100% Load 24/7
    Awesome glen! I was going to look into this also, but I have a bunch of stuff going on right now, and really no time. I just switched my rigs back to programs that were already set up on them. When I have a chance I will try and get something going on this.

Oh, thanks for holding down the fort in Riesel LLR. I see we picked up a spot there also.
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

100% Load 24/7
    Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to give a big to whoever submitted the big sieve. We picked up another 3000 in the vault today.
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

Xtreme Cruncher
    CollegiateMafia just got us 2000 vault points in SoB sieve Way to go CollegiateMafia

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennpat View Post
    CollegiateMafia just got us 2000 vault points in SoB sieve Way to go CollegiateMafia
    Nice to see SOB sieve getting some points finally ..... WTG

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm wondering where those points came from. lol

I submitted some ranges some time ago, but I don't think I submitted them right, so I thought that I would never get points for them.

But maybe ex2cib or B2UrB submitted them, I don't know.

Wow. Just looking at your sig there Dragon. Serious POINTAGE that is today.

If you haven't noticed also, SOB Sierpenski scored its 10th prime!

Xtreme Cruncher
    That little 3k pointage for the Vault from SOB Sieve gave me some more motivation to finish up some ranges I've had partially finished on one of my old hard drives. It's going to be about 9 days for the SoB range to finish up.

And then I have a rather large PSP combined range that will finish sometime in early July...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] DragonOrta View Post
    That little 3k pointage for the Vault from SOB Sieve gave me some more motivation to finish up some ranges I've had partially finished on one of my old hard drives. It's going to be about 9 days for the SoB range to finish up.

And then I have a rather large PSP combined range that will finish sometime in early July...
    Maybe it will have one of those high point factors. I got myself motivated on this one. I finish putting together another box and put both cores on it. I have been summiting the factors as I get them using Sobistrator, but the ones worth any points don't come very fast. The nice thing is the points for a factor can get upgraded in the future.

I also just submitting 3 factors to the PSP sieve since now I am just running with the combined dat. I did get some points for them, but I have not been put on a team yet. When I do I will send some more that I have.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Sometime in the next 7-14 days I'll drop another PSP:S bomb and then decide between PSP:PRP and SOB:S. Goodjob guys, the points are adding up quickly

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm going to set one of my cores for PSP:PRP and leave it there. We've got about 200k points until the next team in PRP.

Xtreme Cruncher
    There is a request in the SOB sieve forum that was posted today concerning some user names and stats. Link is: http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12215

Xtreme Cruncher
    I got an email from SOB sieve trying to reach CollegiateMafia concerning some ranges that were checked out past the 120 day check in.

From other posts it seems like CollegiateMafia may be more than one person. So I thought I would just post the request here. The link concerning checking in and the ranges in question are here:

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11313

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by glennpat View Post
    I got an email from SOB sieve trying to reach CollegiateMafia concerning some ranges that were checked out past the 120 day check in.

From other posts it seems like CollegiateMafia may be more than one person. So I thought I would just post the request here. The link concerning checking in and the ranges in question are here:

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11313
    The check in has been done and ranges have moved off the list.

Xtreme Cruncher
    After a month of crunching I finally got some worthwhile points on the project. One of my factors that I had found made it to the active window and the score for that factor was changed from 12 points to 722412 points.

This moved our team from 32 to 28 for 816 vault points. The project had problems with stats yesterday so the increase in the vault today is not correct as a result of our total score showing up as 0 yesterday.

Your a real dogger for the maths projects.

Xtreme Cruncher
    One of CollegiateMafia factors turned in back in May got upgraded from 11 points to 756,854 points today. This bumped us over another team and resulted in a 200 point vault gain in SOB Sieve today.