Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still we have current hwbot marking anomalies in 3dmark

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by PallMall
    You guys have al the right to do with it whatever you want, and i think you will notice teh effect and see yourself when it's wrong eh
    Yah, sure looks like that.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    So, in summary, the Orb has hwbot licked when it comes to anything apart from the top guys or the most popular hardware benched.

Until you guys do per class results it will always be playing second fiddle to the Orb for 99% of video cards benched.

Why buy a hamburger when you can get a sirloin steak?

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    A reminder, ORB is nothing like hwbot.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by wittekakker
    A reminder, ORB is nothing like hwbot.
    Exactly right, that is where Hwbot is going wrong. Thanks for backing me up on this significant point

Regards

Andy

¿
    The only difference is the boints. ORB has HOF, hwbot has HOF. You don't get in the HOF at either place with a 7600GS. Like the ORB you can sort results in any card or processor category and find out who's on top. In fact, hwbot has more complete and accurate processor listings than the ORB.

Xtreme Addict
    very correct G H Z HWBot encourages competition no matter what hardware you have, overclock it, post results, get points, more points if you bench with popular hardware, less if you bench with unknown hardware.

read through mrlobber's post very attentively because that is how the HWBot is designed to work, collect results from different hardware and offer rewards for getting high scores in popular categories as well as global awards when you look overall.

Witte is completely right, ORB is nothing like HWBot, and thank god for that

imho HWBot > ORB.

I benched ORB 5 years ago and it lost its appeal over time, HWBot made me bench again. A different approach will which be more rewarding over time.

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Xtreme Addict
    last time I checked, XS = English.

HWbot can become most user friendly app in the world for hardcore benchers as it is made and supported by them. There are plenty of ways to do this but it needs investement as nothing comes for free; Richbastard's spare time is not for us to abuse and he's not getting paid a single dime from all this, he's running in RED every month for hosting costs and covering for the dedicated server hardware.

He has the capabilities to write a HWBot bench program, you link benchmarks to the HWbot program (which can potentially check for cheating tools) , you start the benchy through HWBot proggie, after benchmark the results are shown in the HWbot program and you can upload them with a single click to the website.

WPrime32 is but a very early sample of what's possible. but it takes time, and time=money. Without money... no time

Xtreme Addict
    then why is sherlocky writing in Dutch

server hardware €2000+
    hosting costs/month €200-300

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zakelwe
    So, in summary, the Orb has hwbot licked when it comes to anything apart from the top guys or the most popular hardware benched.

Until you guys do per class results it will always be playing second fiddle to the Orb for 99% of video cards benched.

Why buy a hamburger when you can get a sirloin steak?

Regards

Andy
    Rather dissappointing reply, Andy, not really what I'm used to see of you. I guess your just fed up with the lack of points you get for you old benchmark results?.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Addict
    Just joined Hwbot today and I think its pretty cool..... Cheers to the people behind it

The only thing so far that I see wrong is how people can submit a 3dmark score without a valid link.... Ive probably seen more screenies as validation than actual compare link in the categories that I was in..... on one of them it was just a score with and Generic VGA in the description..... I checked the orb and they werent even submitted....

My suggestion is to make the "compare url" to futuremark as the only way to validate a score.... I just find it very weird for somebody to get a score worth saving as a screenie but not submit it....
    E8400 DFI LP P35T2R Ballistix

8800GTS PCP&C 1.2kw Raptors

E6600 =5400mhz
    E6700=5680mhz
    QX9650= 6000mhz

Xtreme Member
    Well, with the free version, you can only have one published result. Makes it hard for those who do not have the professional version.
    QX6700 @ 4.0 Ghz - EVGA 680i - 4 GB DDR2-1066 (4-4-4-10) - 8800 GTX SLI - 2 x 150 GB RaptorX RAID 0 - Seagate 500 GB - DVD-RW-DL - Realpower Pro 1000W - Vapochill LS - Dell 3007

Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 GHz - EVGA 680i - 2 GB DDR2-1000 - 8800 GTX - Seagate 500 GB - DVD-RW-DL - Enermax 1000W - Swiftech Loop - Dell 3007

E6850 G0 @ 3.6 GHz - EVGA 680i - 2 GB DDR2-800 - 8600 GTS - Seagate 250 GB - DVD-RW-DL - 700 W - ThermalRight SI 128 - Dell 2007

Xtreme Addict
    exactly HeavyH20, if FM changes that policy we can "force" link validation

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyH20
    Well, with the free version, you can only have one published result. Makes it hard for those who do not have the professional version.
    Lol.... so much for that idea... I have around 60 pages of 3dmark01 benches in my project manager, I think I benched 3dm03 around 5 times, 3dm05 3 times and 06 twice.... Im still living in the past and just bench 3dm01 lol....
    E8400 DFI LP P35T2R Ballistix

8800GTS PCP&C 1.2kw Raptors

E6600 =5400mhz
    E6700=5680mhz
    QX9650= 6000mhz

Xtreme Addict
    JFYI I'm not spamming this thread, posts were deleted between my replies

Xtreme Member
    My suggestion is to make the "compare url" to futuremark as the only way to validate a score....
    Totally agreed.

You absolutely don't need professional version to publish as many scores as you wish. Anyone can create as many free ORB-account as needed and use one account per one benched videocard. Today I have ~25 free ORB-accounts and can keep published almost all of my scores online in the same time.

if FM changes that policy we can "force" link validation
    Forcing link validation at hwbot would be great improvement - with or without any changes in futuremark policy.
    MSI MOA 2009 RU #1 | MSI MOA 2010 RU #1 | MSI MOA 2010 EU #8
    Gigabyte GOOC 2010 RU #5 | Gigabyte P55 OC Challenge RU #3
    ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2012 #5 | Techlabs Cup 2013 RU #1

Hardware reviews and voltmodding guides

Xtreme Addict
    I don't think it was FM goal for people to create Nth accounts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12