Thread: Cable managment feedback?

Cable managment feedback?

Hey guys. Its my first time posting here so go easy on me

I recently built a new system and would like to know what you guys think of my setup becasue I am pretty sure i can improve it and want to get it all sitting nice and pretty before I start to overclock.

Setup:
    E6600 - Cooled with Tuniq Tower
    Asus P5W Delux
    2GB(2x1GB) Corsair DDR2 6400
    Gforce 7900gs 512mb
    1 x 250GB Sata ll hdd
    1 x 250GB Sata hdd
    1 Dvd writer drive
    Hiper 580watt psu
    Antec P180 case + 2 additional fans in the upper HDD cage

I preped everything and remounted all the heatsyncs etc using AS5.

So far this seems to be working out not too bad. At idle the cpu is running arround 17/18oC and after 9 hours of torture test 30oC (measureing temps with the latest beta Speedfan release becasue im running vista 64)

Here are some shots of my cable managment.

Yea i knew it would be hard with this case but I guess im happy enough with how it turned out, but know that there is still room for improvement.

How do these temps i am getting rate to similar setups? and any tips on improving the cable managment?

Oh and it was my first complete build aswell

James.

Xtreme Member
    pretty damn good temps, what is house temp
    the 12v connector for mobo is it long enough to be ran up with the 24 pin and then above the hsf
    same for the molex powering fans run that with the 24 pin to the top of case then mount it
    Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD mATX w/ HDMI
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 SLACR/G0
    Buffalo Firestix 2x1GB DDR2-1000
    Razer Barracuda AC-1
    Apevia X-Qpack2 Black & 420w PSU
    Stock Intel HS w/ 92mm fan

Just tried some of your suggestions out there, i didnt think that the cpu cable would actually reach but it did and looks alot better in my opinion

As for the house temp, do you mean the "System" reading from speedfan? (yes I am slightly new to this crazy work of custom pcs) well its at 25-28oC

I also was cheching my cpu temperature in the bios and it was displaying 22ish so speedfan doesnt seem too far out at all
    Last edited by jimb0_d; 02-20-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nah he just means the temperature of your house. This could be quite confusing if you happen to live in a tree, however, which is probable given your CPU temp of 18°C.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    would have been nicer if the CPu power was a little longer and the blue wireties look nicer
    anyways yeah that C2d temp is ridiculously low
    Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD mATX w/ HDMI
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 SLACR/G0
    Buffalo Firestix 2x1GB DDR2-1000
    Razer Barracuda AC-1
    Apevia X-Qpack2 Black & 420w PSU
    Stock Intel HS w/ 92mm fan

Kobalt: i laughed at that one!

cursivearmy1: I could maybe extent the power wire alittle but in all honnesty I dont think it would be worth the effort , having to get new heat shrink etc!

Im interested to see how this is gonna overclock, I havent really overclocked much so I am still trying to read as much literature about it as I can becasue I dont wanna **** it up!

Just out of interest what sort of OC could i hope for with this?