Thread: Makeing a nwe cooper!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Makeing a nwe cooper!!!

Hello everybody... i'm new in dryice and LN2 benchs. I'm loonking for a model to do but i can't find noting.
    Someone could give me photo do reproduce mine like your!!! which is the best form??
    Thanks and sorry about my english!

Xtreme Addict -100C Club
    Just Browse this section and you will find enough for your needs.
    It's too easy to copy someone else's work

It's easy to say you can't find anything, this means your not searching hard/good enough...
    Back in the phase change world

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah just look around and you will find some ideas to start you off. Try making a brazed container first. All you need to do is simply take some wide copper pipe and braze a cap on one end .

Once you have a bit more experience of how the materials react to heat loads etc you will learn about why particular designs work better than others (i.e. solid better than brazed), then you can have a go at making a solid one maybe.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    But it is no easy to copy or to take like a model and if i don't have the dimenshion

Xtreme Addict
    As far as dimensions go... quite a few people actually post their's up. Other times you can sort of tell what the dimensions are roughly.

To point you in the right direction, I would say start with around 2" wide copper pipe, and about 20cm length.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And what's your recomdation??? one only unit or soild two parts...with plate?

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry I don't really know what you are trying to say... do you mean which type of container I would reccomend? If so, a brazed is the best one to start with. Just get some copper pipe and one end cap for it and braze them together .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry... i'm from argentina and my english it's not good :S.. but i'm trying to tell you that i want to make a cooper to contain dry ice or LN2. But i have a problem. i don't know the dimension of the cooper, the type of the base!!!
    Do you understand me?

Xtreme Addict
    No problem about the English, we all have to learn .

I think I get what you mean now. Basicly if you get about 20cm of 2" copper tube, you can then just buy a 2" end cap for it and braze them together, that would work. Not great performance of course but it would be a good starting point... you can allways add more solid copper to the base in the future once you understand the basics .

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes... i undertust very well...
    My idea is two parts.. the base and the tube soild with plate...

Xtreme Addict
    If you want to make it a more solid design, you could buy a small cylinder of copper and braze it to the bottom of the tube.