Thread: Sorry guys, I have had it with MJ12.

Xtreme Member

Sorry guys, I have had it with MJ12.

Since the new versions of MJ12 I rarely hit over 2 million, when previously I had no trouble hitting 4 million. This is something on MJ12's end. On the other hand my connection freezes up at least once a day. I've got two PC's running and I often find them running for hours and hours for nothing.

These two things combined with the fact that my main goal in DC is to contribute to something meaningfull ( meaningfull from MY point of view, I don't want to offend anyone).

I got caught up in the teamspirit and I have had a lot of fun! That's the main reason I have held on for so long.

Now it's time to leave MJ12 for what it is. I realize this is bad for XS, and I am sorry for that. Just realize that it is good for Medical Sience, I will select a new medical project.

to all, and I will be checking in once in a while. Keep up the great work around here
    Running @ AMD 64 X2 4200+ & AMD 64 3400+

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I understand my friend. No hard feelings at all.
    My thanks for your help and the best to you on whichever app you choose.
    Ok, here's one for the Big Mc:

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Mr. Boardburner
    Thanks for helping us out!! And there is no reason you shouldn't be crunching for XS

Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Come join the darkside of crunching I myself gave up on mj-12 due to the fears of comcast killing my connection, but nothing wrong with crunching a few medical projects. You've been with us too long to just leave!

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's been great having you over here Mc Intosh. Thanks for all your help.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks guys, maybe I will join you in the future for another challenge. But foremost my loyalty lies with the DPC, but we will meet again

Xtreme Cruncher
    Let us know what app you decide to go to, and make sure it's one that the DPC are currently ahead of us in.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Member
    Leiden Classical on BOINC it is. A Dutch DC project from the Leiden University, with you guys in 14th place and the DPC in 2nd. The Belgians are in 1st place, so we've got a goal to achieve And XS therefor too

It is
    I'm having a baby cow this week, he raped me.

Sexy number you're leaving on the stats page, you should demand us to kiss your pretty cow @$$ that should do it

Your problem with freezing should be solved by changing back to net 1.1, others that had problems, increased their score + solved the freezing issue.

Well to late...just a big MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frome here, and of course i'll raise the baby cow properly, don't worry........

See you around
    ~Opinion about Dogs~~~~~~~Hug~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch
    I'm having a baby cow this week, he raped me.

Sexy number you're leaving on the stats page, you should demand us to kiss your pretty cow @$$ that should do it

Your problem with freezing should be solved by changing back to net 1.1, others that had problems, increased their score + solved the freezing issue.

Well to late...just a big MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frome here, and of course i'll raise the baby cow properly, don't worry........

See you around
    You never sees to make me laugh, and I trust that baby cow will be raised a fine Turtle

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Intosh
    You never sees to make me laugh, and I trust that baby cow will be raised a fine Turtle
    I'll try and help with the child support..
    Will a bale of hay a week be enough?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Well, to pick up the slack, I lowered the workers on my comp to 200 and loaded another one on my dad's with 250 workers. Unfortunately, this will only last for ~1week. It was nice having you on the team while it lasted. I completely agree that it is unfair that the new versions limit the amount you are able to do a day.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've had my net connection lock up lately too. Since I'm running both Eon and MJ12 when it happens I wasn't sure who to blame. Didn't happen with 1.4.5 NET 2.0, only since "upgrading" to 1.4.6...

Many thanks to the bovine emissary for your outstanding contributions!
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U