Hi there. I'm having a problem with my P5B Deluxe, and even after searching through two forums (Asus and XS), I'm still at the starting point...

The thing is, I've already installed Windows XP with the ICH8R configured as AHCI. No problems there, I'm already used to it. During the install, JMicron was configured as IDE. I have two optical drives connected to the IDE port, from where the OS was installed. The BIOS is the latest (1004, if memory serves me right).

Now I wanted to change the JMicron to AHCI (eSATA hotplugging and NCQ), but I think I've hit a brick wall... No matter the configuration for JMIcron (AHCI or even RAID), I can't install the drivers. Sometimes it says the device can't access resources, sometimes the drivers can't install, there are even time it simply returns a "code 10" driver/device error... At one time, I had a list of around 8 different drivers to install (latest oficial, plus two recent ones directly from JMicron's website - one of them downloaded only a few hours ago)

I had to return the controller to IDE configuration (and manually install the "Standard Dual Channel IDE Controller") to get it working again...

Does anyone know how I can get that thing to work in IDE+AHCI mode (JMicron), along with AHCI in ICH8R?

Please help, I'm going nuts here...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Miguel