Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: New Cooling Company in Town: Enzotech

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    Most certainly is Aluminum , lol I used just a little bit of it to test, but it turned out to be too messy to work with so I cleaned it off. I just used AS5, and have actually been thinking of ways to make it transfer better with that Heatsink.

Im going to finish lapping my xeon today when I get home, and probably play around with the rig a bit and see if I can squeak out a degree or 2.

I might also bust out the dremel, and some drills and see if I cant make a mounting point for another 120mm, that would give a push/pull config and possibly cool it some more. It seems compltely doable with a nice sized screw and repeating the stock mounting for the fan, plenty of room to add another fan though.
    Use some Arctic Cool MX1. Great stuff. I find it much better than AS5, although very hard to spread.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by situman View Post
    Use some Arctic Cool MX1. Great stuff. I find it much better than AS5, although very hard to spread.
    Hmm I actually have a tube of the MX1, I might check it out.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well, Ive been messing around with ways to improve this cooler, and I was specifically focusing on the heatsink that covers the heatpipes. And I think I reached an area where the paste actually degrades performance, I gained 3C and went to 40C idle and 47 orthos load. I will take some off and see if it goes back to 36-37C range.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678