Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Beauty

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Strangely it just seems to remind me of these

Who makes those? Do you have any info?
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarking11
    Who makes those? Do you have any info?
    lol.

I believe they are photoshopped real cars

Xtreme Mentor
    Seriously, where would your feet go if they were real?
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Ever seen a car fly? There is a reason we have downforce...
    yes, i saw the buggati veyron. anyways, you knew what i meant, reduce the downforce a whole bunch and bam, higher top speed and you still have enuff to keep you on the ground.
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I figured they were like the minibikes they sell. look like the full size and extremely small. I figured they were go carts.
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    yes, i saw the buggati veyron. anyways, you knew what i meant, reduce the downforce a whole bunch and bam, higher top speed and you still have enuff to keep you on the ground.
    Bugatti is fast, but the S7TTC is actually probably just as fast 0-60 and much, much faster from then on (AWD starts being detrimental to acceleration after a point, not to mention the weight of the Veyron). Downforce is not drag. But they are very much related. Cars like the FXX have a good amount of downforce but not too much drag becuase they have no 'sticky outty bits', they use Venturi tunnels and underbody work more to produce the DF. Of course there is only so far such things can do and Saleen wanted more so they added the wing and made the car that wide.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    That Saleen colour orange / red is very nice indeed. Tested in the UK Evo mag said it was too wide and the suspension too hard for our rubbishy roads so it would have to be racetracks or driven in the USA I think.

Would be interesting to see it back to back on test with the Veyron.

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zakelwe
    That Saleen colour orange / red is very nice indeed. Tested in the UK Evo mag said it was too wide and the suspension too hard for our rubbishy roads so it would have to be racetracks or driven in the USA I think.

Would be interesting to see it back to back on test with the Veyron.

Regards

Andy
    What issue was the Saleen test in?

If you think the roads in the US are any better than the UK, you are very sadly mistaken. In the large cities, I think certain stretches of road in Falluljah and Nasiriyah are better than what I can find in New York City or Los Angeles.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryForHertz
    What issue was the Saleen test in?
    I'll dig it up when I get home. It was the low powered version but still an S7 I think.

Regards

Andy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Bugatti is fast, but the S7TTC is actually probably just as fast 0-60 and much, much faster from then on (AWD starts being detrimental to acceleration after a point, not to mention the weight of the Veyron). Downforce is not drag. But they are very much related. Cars like the FXX have a good amount of downforce but not too much drag becuase they have no 'sticky outty bits', they use Venturi tunnels and underbody work more to produce the DF. Of course there is only so far such things can do and Saleen wanted more so they added the wing and made the car that wide.

yes, but downforce can greatly impare topspeed, because when your going that fast, it's like adding an extra 1k+ pounds to the car, it just goes slower.
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    I would take the Zonda over any other car nowadays, If the manufacturer offers you the option of the car not being painted (Carbon Fiber body all around) and saves you 22kgs then I'm all for it.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz || Gigabyte Z68 UD3 || Vengeance 8GB 8-8-8-24 1T || CM Stacker 810
    ATI 4850 || Samsung Spinpoint F3 x 2 || SilverStone ST60F
    Asus DVD RW +- || Logitech G15 || MS Intel-eye 1.1|| CMV 19" Wide-Screen || Scythe Ninja

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay
    I would take the Zonda over any other car nowadays, If the manufacturer offers you the option of the car not being painted (Carbon Fiber body all around) and saves you 22kgs then I'm all for it.
    when the car weighs less than 3000 pounds, i dont think 44lbs will make much of a dif. about .06 seconds in the qt mile, but then again, when you have 1k bhp, and a car taht looks like that, whos going to the qt mile track?
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    when the car weighs less than 3000 pounds, i dont think 44lbs will make much of a dif. about .06 seconds in the qt mile, but then again, when you have 1k bhp, and a car taht looks like that, whos going to the qt mile track?
    Me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Me.
    lol ok so would i, but still, lol, just take out a seat if it bothers you so much.
    emptiness

Zonda = fugly
    Saleen S7 = work of art.

nuff said.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Koenigsegg CCX for me.. or a Porsche Carrera GT.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There are shots where I find the Zonda be good looking.

Also I agree with your point on its overall abilities. It's why I love cars like the S65, RS4, Subaru Impreza STi and Misuibishi Evo. Because they are brilliant all round (apart from the pocket).

As for driving a Zonda. Bastard.

Sat in and heard a McLaren F1 though.

Mercedes engines? AMG :p I do love their engines. Apart from in F1 recently *cry*
    Those engines are done by Illmor Engineering

Mclaren F1 best supercar ever!

The S7 I love too, looks very clean and mean on the front and co-ckpit.
    i5 3570k | Asrock Z77 e4 | F3-2666CL11D-8GTXD | GTX660Ti | HX650 | 2xU2312HM

Xtreme Member
    Who cares how much it weights, CF > Steel/Metal/Alloy any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer
    Zonda = fugly
    Saleen S7 = work of art.

nuff said.

Neg. Zonda Just has that... Go Kart look to it, The thing would Handel like its on rails.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4GHz || Gigabyte Z68 UD3 || Vengeance 8GB 8-8-8-24 1T || CM Stacker 810
    ATI 4850 || Samsung Spinpoint F3 x 2 || SilverStone ST60F
    Asus DVD RW +- || Logitech G15 || MS Intel-eye 1.1|| CMV 19" Wide-Screen || Scythe Ninja

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay
    Who cares how much it weights, CF > Steel/Metal/Alloy any day of the week.

Neg. Zonda Just has that... Go Kart look to it, The thing would Handel like its on rails.
    any car, that is less than 3 inches of the ground, has tires of sizes 295 in the front, and 335+ in the back, and with a width/length ratio like the zonda, s7, and ferrari enzo, will handle like a gokart.
    emptiness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    any car, that is less than 3 inches of the ground, has tires of sizes 295 in the front, and 335+ in the back, and with a width/length ratio like the zonda, s7, and ferrari enzo, will handle like a gokart.
    lol, no way m8. If you've ever been involved in motorsport (not just straight line running... ) you will know that's far from true. Every car involves setup. Supercars are of course setup different to production cars. They have low ride heights but stiff as rock suspension to maintain height and not overload the loaded wheel.

I'm sure if I was allowed i could get an Enzo and stuff it for you and make it so difficult and unpredictable to drive, to prove you're so wrong.

And a Gokart never handles the same... unless the chassis is complete crap and doesn't respond to changes.
    i5 3570k | Asrock Z77 e4 | F3-2666CL11D-8GTXD | GTX660Ti | HX650 | 2xU2312HM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMX
    lol, no way m8. If you've ever been involved in motorsport (not just straight line running... ) you will know that's far from true. Every car involves setup. Supercars are of course setup different to production cars. They have low ride heights but stiff as rock suspension to maintain height and not overload the loaded wheel.

I'm sure if I was allowed i could get an Enzo and stuff it for you and make it so difficult and unpredictable to drive, to prove you're so wrong.

And a Gokart never handles the same... unless the chassis is complete crap and doesn't respond to changes.
    i could do the same, but normal driving, it will handle like a gokart, it wont tilt much, it will just respond really quick.you could be taking turns at like 60, and it will fell like a go kart, if you wanna just screw with things, take a turn at 60, but instead of turning just how much you need, slam the wheel all the way, the yeah, i could make it feel like it handles like crap.
    emptiness

Ride height, tire size, and length/width of the car have little to do with body roll.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ride height, tire size, and length/width of the car have little to do with body roll.
    ride height effect the way my mustang rolls. the way the control arms, and suspension is set up on supercars, it will keep it from rolling. im not quite sure what they use on the cars, and i havent taken the time to look into it, but i know they are set up stiff, something to do with the controlarms, sway bars, torsion bars, shocks, struts, etc.

im still learning about suspensions set ups.
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    Not strictly true. As with more width and length (more so width) you can create more downforce. Hence the Saleen is so wide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast