Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Beauty

Xtreme Member

American Beauty

Saleen S7TTC for me please.

True. Beautiful. But give me a Pagani Zonda S anyday.

Xtreme Member
    I'm so glad this wasn't a thread about some stupid high school kid taking a video of a plastic bag.

Good looking? Sure, about the front 50% of the car. From that point back, its ugly. The way the quarter panel bends around the rear tires and around the back just bugs me.

Beautiful? Not quite.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    beautiful in my eyes, but soul is right, it needs to go straight down in the back, kina like the vettes, well, less exagerated like the vettes.
    emptiness

Xtreme Mentor
    IMO, the only good looking American supper car.
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    True. Beautiful. But give me a Pagani Zonda S anyday.
    lol go zonda!!!
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

YouTube Addict
    Strangely it just seems to remind me of these

Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im not sure a zonda could compete, especially with that "alien" look it has
    emptiness

Xtreme Mentor
    Uh, you have a problem with aliens? lol
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

Xtreme Member

Looks crazy... (sorry about large images, to lazy to resize them...)
    Last edited by comrad; 02-05-2007 at 11:40 PM.
    Intel E6300 1.86ghz @ 3.6ghz w/ Zalman CNPS 9500
    Gigabyte IP35 DS3
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4gb
    XFX 256mb 7600GS
    Seasonic S12
    1.5tb hdd space

Xtreme Member
    Ugh the profile shot of the Zonda is HIDEOUS. good GOD! MY EYES!

But seriously, the Saleen (S7 Twin Turbo) produces enough downforce to drive upside down at 160mph. Just for reference to show you how amazing that is, the FXX can only do that at 200mph. Astonishing.

My biggest love is the McLaren F1 but ugh, the S7TT blows me away.
    Last edited by HungryForHertz; 02-06-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol, dont get me wrong, i like the zonda, the mirrors just piss me off being where they are positioned, and that downforce is the s7's down fall in top speed lol, although noone has been able to reach topspeed in one because noone has taken it to the salt flats lol.
    emptiness

Xtreme Addict
    Wow nice...
    ________
    Mazda Rx-01 Picture
    Last edited by clayton; 03-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Xtreme Member
    The Saleen S7 is in my opinion one of an extreme few American cars that could ever hold the "supercar" title. Now if we just had more car manufacturers like Steve Saleen maybe our auto industry would get a revival, but I doubt it.
    God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

AMD Athlon 64 4000+, ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe, eVGA GeForce 8800 GTX, 1Gb OCZ RAM, WD 10k RPM Raptor and 7.2k RPM Caviar, Thermalright SI-128 ,Lian-Li PC-V1000 Plus II

The Zonda's ugly? OK. I guess to each his own.

What I like about the Zonda is its overall performance. It doesn't have a lot of horsepower, but its light and it handles like a charm (not that I would know because I haven't driven one fast.. yes I have driven one sedately.. as in boring speeds). The mirrors are still more effective than the original Testarossa. I remember lots of people ooo and aaa -ing about the high mounted mirrors when it first came out. Couldn't see squat.

Of course, I am partial to Mercedes engines.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    lol, dont get me wrong, i like the zonda, the mirrors just piss me off being where they are positioned, and that downforce is the s7's down fall in top speed lol, although noone has been able to reach topspeed in one because noone has taken it to the salt flats lol.
    The S7TTC (not in the pictures as I can't find one) is 1000bhp (and PLENTY left in boost apparently) and has an even more agressive aero kit meaning it could stick upside down at even slower speeds.
    Also, the standard S7TT starts producing downforce at, wait for it THIRTY-FIVE miles an hour.
    Anyway, lower the Drag Coefficient of the Saleen and I reckon it could go on to 260 odd... then pump the boost

Xtreme Member
    The Zonda's ugly? OK. I guess to each his own.

What I like about the Zonda is its overall performance. It doesn't have a lot of horsepower, but its light and it handles like a charm (not that I would know because I haven't driven one fast.. yes I have driven one sedately.. as in boring speeds). The mirrors are still more effective than the original Testarossa. I remember lots of people ooo and aaa -ing about the high mounted mirrors when it first came out. Couldn't see squat.

Of course, I am partial to Mercedes engines.
    There are shots where I find the Zonda be good looking.

Also I agree with your point on its overall abilities. It's why I love cars like the S65, RS4, Subaru Impreza STi and Misuibishi Evo. Because they are brilliant all round (apart from the pocket).

As for driving a Zonda. Bastard.

Sat in and heard a McLaren F1 though.

Mercedes engines? AMG :p I do love their engines. Apart from in F1 recently *cry*

Do you know what its like to sit beside a beautiful naked woman and yet not be able to at least fondle ? In my case, my eyes were also blindfolded hahaha... I tried to open it up just in second gear and the owner gave me a stern look hahaha rofl.. It was in Germany.

As for McLaren, the short time I was in an SLR, I almost went through the front windscreen. All I did was brake for a darn traffic light hahaha

I believe that AMG has nothing to do with the Formula One engines. I have the itch to trade up the new sedan now, thanks to you
    Last edited by IanY; 02-06-2007 at 02:43 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Do you know what its like to sit beside a beautiful naked woman and yet not be able to at least fondle ? In my case, my eyes were also blindfolded hahaha... I tried to open it up just in second gear and the owner gave me a stern look hahaha rofl.. It was in Germany.
    This is when you open the car door and push him out of it, and floor it leaving a fat number 11 to take the car to the boat you arranged to take it to the US where it can be reregistered under your name legitimately?

Yeah. The GSG will be there at the boat dock with their H&K. I think you've been watching too many Bond films lately lol Im not Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan.. and another small problem.. the guy's built like the Arhn-nold

I am Xtreme
    That thing's faster than a bat out of hell.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Member
    Yeah. The GSG will be there at the boat dock with their H&K. I think you've been watching too many Bond films lately lol Im not Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan..
    Then I'm disappointed :\

I'll have my Saleen in the burnt orange/bronze pictured^ I think or all black

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryForHertz
    The S7TTC (not in the pictures as I can't find one) is 1000bhp (and PLENTY left in boost apparently) and has an even more agressive aero kit meaning it could stick upside down at even slower speeds.
    Also, the standard S7TT starts producing downforce at, wait for it THIRTY-FIVE miles an hour.
    Anyway, lower the Drag Coefficient of the Saleen and I reckon it could go on to 260 odd... then pump the boost

if you could make the downforce 0 and upforce 0 then it could easily get 260 probably faster if you had the road to do it. the TT is at 6psi of boost, while the TTC i think is running at like 9 or 12 something like that with an intercooler. if you felt like it, you could see about forging the already awesome internals, and up the boost to like 20psi possibly 30 if you get new turbos, and you'de have 1500+whp.

also, the s7 comes in at a wonderful curbweight of 2950 lb, about 200 lb more than my acura integra, which has less than 1/5 the hp.
    emptiness

Quote Originally Posted by trance565
    if you could make the downforce 0 and upforce 0 then it could easily get 260 probably faster if you had the road to do it
    Ever seen a car fly? There is a reason we have downforce...
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast