Thread: Little help?

Little help?

Im still trying to Iron out all the kinks with MJ but I think I have found another bump in the road, maybe someone has some help for me..

Clipped this from the log

[1/27/2007 8:10:57 PM] Could not connect to server to start uploading, looks like it's down, will retry later.
    [1/27/2007 8:11:44 PM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [1/27/2007 8:13:27 PM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [1/27/2007 8:16:26 PM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [1/27/2007 8:18:40 PM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [1/27/2007 8:20:02 PM] Received alternative upload server - http://mj12.kicks-ass.org but connectivity test failed, so default server will be used

How I get diff server for some dumass reason I always get this server seems down all day every day..

I think this is also the problem im having with the File sizes of all Mjs running over here..

Maybe open a port on my router or what?
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Where's me Beer?
    By default MJ-12 uses port 80, which is always open. If it wasn't then you won't be able to post that message calling for help.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by hixie
    By default MJ-12 uses port 80, which is always open. If it wasn't then you won't be able to post that message calling for help.
    How are you making out with your line?
    I hate to sound like a beggar but today would be the day to hear that you found out what the issue is..
    If you weren't 12,000 miles away I'd call you!
    edit; Best results I got were with a new install into new dir using 1.4.5 RC1..
    Last edited by Movieman; 01-28-2007 at 02:56 AM.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Where's me Beer?
    If i wasn't 12,000 miles away, i bet you'll come over and ask me.
    Seems to be able to connect sometimes, it managed to download 12 buckets but can't upload them or download anymore.
    Gonna call my ISP tonight after work and ask them what the f*ck are they doing.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    If i wasn't 12,000 miles away, i bet you'll come over and ask me.
    Seems to be able to connect sometimes, it managed to download 12 buckets but can't upload them or download anymore.
    Gonna call my ISP tonight after work and ask them what the f*ck are they doing.
    Can you send me some SS of the different tabs under options?
    I know you know what your doing but maybe there's something a fresh set of eyes would catch..will PM you my email address
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Where's me Beer?
    No problem, just got home so i can get some SS for you. An extra pair of eyes always helps.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    No problem, just got home so i can get some SS for you. An extra pair of eyes always helps.
    I'm here..Send all the info you can..should have my email addy in a PM there.

Where's me Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    I'm here..Send all the info you can..should have my email addy in a PM there.
    BTW, i've already sent an e-mail.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Philosophy:
    For a quick test you could DMZ or bypass your router entirely to see if that's where the problem was.

All:
    When I saw the Viking hoard threat, I jumped back in on Friday. I figure my ISP wont sent CND letters on a weekend. :p The full release 1.4.5 Net 2.0 version works much better than the old 1.3.something version I used back in the day. Within the 1.4.5 version using the .NET library is at least twice as fast as the alternative HTTP library for me. Biggest bottleneck is uploads; 6000/600 connection & get frequent timeouts connecting to upload server. When backlog gets to 20 buckets, d/l shuts down. Been tweaking archive settings to get the u/l buckets as small as possible regardless of time required to compress.
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Philosophy, this might be better posted over at the MJ12 forums, as AlexC would know a lot more than me.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Finally, I got this cooking! Wait till you see the output at the end of today!
    split load, 2 machines, maxxed and climbing fast!
    Wait till that carl guy from Norway sees me come by his herring stuffed backside today!

We can do this guys( and lady!)
    Here's the latest numbers:
    Today:
    2 XtremeSystems 8,565,581
    3 Team Norway... 8,332,139

They got to within 500K of us..
    We're slowly climbing away!
    Let's do this in a nice genteel XS way!

Hey, it's working..Over 800K on the last update at Free Dc..
    Speaking of Free Dc..when you check the stats, do me a favor and click a few of those banners to try and get Bok a few bucks towards the cost of running the stats site..
    Thanks guys and if you could, pass that around..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Movieman; 01-29-2007 at 04:47 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Great work!

Do you have each MJ12 node set to between 50-60% of max bandwidth?
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U