Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Quad Core Phasing and Information : Read it here!

-150c Club Member
    Its overcharged only at idle, at load the bottom of the accumulator ices (no insulation on it). I'm working to tune it a bit more to alleviate unloaded problems and I think its pretty much done. Working with a blend now in the unit, not just straight r507a.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

-150c Club Member
    I'm guessing he's using the wax to make a mold?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    special "plaster" is poured around the wax model, then in a furnace the wax is melted out of the plaster model. then you poor in the molten silver. the molten silver will fill up the room where the wax used to be. this way you create a perfect replica of the wax model. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost-wax_casting

-100C Club Member
    I decided to do the vcore while i was doing the vdrop read for my cascade as well
    Now i wonder what vcore this single stage can handle

Last edited by kayl; 02-26-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    BUMP. sorry guys but this needs brought to 1st page.

A fair few guys need to read this entire thread. (Including me)
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SoddemFX View Post
    What is your idle evap temperature (or preferably idle low side pressure)?

Under idle if the evap is at ~-35C (or less) the evaporating pressure temperature will be lower than that, if you have -28C 6" from the compressor you're not overcharged, you're pretty well charged

With r507 if you have -28C under idle 6" before the compressor then you are only overcharged if the idle low side pressure is roughly 1 bar(gauge) or higher. Maybe you know this but i'm saying for other people who don't

Tom

//Hot metal melts the wax and the molten metal takes up the space of the displaced wax in the foundry/green sand. For large structures your can use polystyrene instead of wax, i've done this with alu. and it works fairly well also.
    Ha Saturn cylinder heads look like styrofoam.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Sorry, havn't read all the posts (so maybe repeating someone elses views) but this:

I'm making the move to .036 for these high heat loads and using around 11 feet
    Jumped out at me.

I think that maybe having it that long could cause restrictions and actually affect mass flow. Take a look at the captube sizing thread, Jinu and someone else (I forget who) were saying that around 3m of 0.031in actually gave worse temps because of the restriction, granted you're talking about 0.036 but 3.3m seems a lot. For a 250w load I think 210cm would be about right using 0.031in captube, you don't think 7ft is adequate?
    PC: Intel E8400
    MB: Asus P5k
    PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 600w
    GPU: XFX XXX 8800GT
    Monitor: Samsung Pebble 17"
    Cooling: XSPC Water cooling custom
    HDD: 160GB Seagate
    RAM: OCZ PC8000 Platinum XTC

Xtreme Member
    I have a Vapo Xe2 left sold my Ls and Xe...Bought a new Q6600 G0
    these are my prefered quad and phase setup dosnt seem to bother the system with this Vcore...any higher and it was a differant story after just couple of minutes...the Xe2 is only capable of removing upto 180w@-18c
    I have done lots of benchmarks at 4300Mhz SuperPi and such..But this Prime 95 really test your Phase units out with a good test of capable Vcore settings....Cheers Hori

Asus COMMANDO -Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz 401x9 have sum test @ 445x9 4GHZ :-)
    2x74 Gig Raptors Raid 0..GSKILL 6400 2x1Mb matchd Pair.-OCZ 550w Powerstream adjustable rails- XE2 Vapochill -pioneer Dvd.-2x160 Gig Hitachi ide drives..-Asus 7600 gs video card

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do;jsessio...C3?userId=8636

-150c Club Member
    I tested .036" vs .031", the increase in wrapping the additional cap tube, well, not really helpful. No actual increase in performance. Also that calculation was off. I now use 8' 2-4" for a nf11fx, .036" gets the exact performance with 16' 7" of .036".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Total phase n00b here so please go easy. I've been watercooling now for a few years and the phase bug has gotten the better of me so I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I have seen a unit thats a bit of a bargain but might need some modding so heres a couple of Q's I hope the experts can help me with :

Would a Prommie Mach 2 regassed with R507 cope with a clocked Q6600 (G0)?

If not what would need to be done to get it to reliably keep the quad cool?

...and how much would it cost inc(UK &#163.

Could the unit be modded to fit a U2-UFO?

Cheers

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stone_cold_Jimi View Post
    I can't quite figure this out. Is TDP the total wasted (heat) power of the CPU or the power used by the CPU in total, including its secondary function i.e. processing (lol)?

http://download.intel.com/design/pro...s/31559202.pdf

Minimum Tc 5C lololol oh rly?
    The answer is yes to both.

Absolutely all eletrical apparatus dissapate as much energy as they use. (numbers for illustration purposes only, not necessarily accurate).

60watt lightbulb: 60watt in = 59watts out in heat-energy, and 1watt out in light-energy

100watt processor: 100watt inn = 100watt out in heat energy (because it can not produce kinetic energy, or light energy, it MUST dissipate all used energy to heat). And no, before you ask, there no such thing as "processed data" energy... it takes no energy to do math. The energy requirement is purely a consequence of using non-perfect materials and technology to make the CPU. A perfectly constructed CPU made from superconducting materials could likley run on no energy apart from the initial charge, or (depending on if switching still had to be used, meaning actual moving parts), atleast an incredibly small amount of energy over time.

-Stigma
    Last edited by Stigma; 08-26-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ic3man:
    with regas and captube adjustment the mach2 will work with a q6600, no problems.

we arn't allowed to talk prices here.. but it isn't any crazy money we are talking about.

Xtreme Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a reciprocating compressor (that basically just having a decent sized empty tank at the end of the suction line as far as I can understand) will totally remove any chance of floodback no?

I don't quite understand why anyone would NOT buld a reciprocating tank into their systems then... unless its an issue of size, and your trying to make a real tiny phase system or something...

Quote Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
    I say it again and again:

The TDP is not the power consumption of the chip. And usually not even by far.

The sooner people like in this thread and whoever makes that "xtreme PSU calculator" absorb this very easy to understand fact, the better for all of us.
    Basically AMD's way of measuring TDP (atleast up until now) is to rate it by how hot it could theoretically get in the absolutely worst case scenario.

Intels way is to rate a CPU by the average output it would be likely to have if running at max load in a real-life scenario.

Thus Intels estimate is the more realistic and "useful" number, while AMDs number is more technically accurate and conservative. In Intels case, while the CPU might in (extremely short) short spurts consume more power than the cooling solution can dissipate, it will be under such a short period that the materials involved won't even have time to heat up, and thus its not a problem.

Its a it the same as when your trying to pick a PSU. If you base the power of the PSU by making it powerful enough to cope with the power needed to run a high-end 3D game for example (which is realistically the most power you will be drawing al at once), then it will not be anywhere near the same as the number for theoretical maximum power consumption if all components in the PC simultaneously spiked. And... even if you did encounter such a sitation for a split second, most PSUs can cope with outputting way way more power than they are rated for, provided that is it over a very short period of time. Its the average over time that is the "problem" because of heat primarily.

This is generally why people should base their calculations on averaged maximum numbers even if they aren't technically the maximum.

-Stigma

Quote Originally Posted by TopherTony View Post
    possible to liquid cool the compressor? there's a new mod for someone aha
    Of course it is... I'm working on it

I'm doing a direct and relatively simple approach by having some cooling blocks out of copper milled in a curve so that they fit the surface of the compressor perfectly (then using some large thermal pads to fill the remaining micro-gaps).

it was mostly an idea for making it possible to completely isolate the box and ths reduce noise by not having fans (or room for the noise to escape the padded walls), but I suppose it will also help the longevity of the compressor as well as possibly giving very slightly better temps...

-Stigma

Quote Originally Posted by epion2985 View Post
    I always thought that the power consumed was only one of many things that are a function of the heat output. Doesn't efficiency play in to it?
    No. Power in = power out. Allways allways allways!

Energy usually changes its form though. usually we see it change between electrical, chemical, kinetic (movement inertia), thermal and light.

A CPU can however only consume electrical energy and only dissapate energy in form of heat, so for a CPU (and pretty much all other electronics): electrical energy in = heat out.

energy/mass (which is the same, as Einstein tells us) can not be created or destroyed. it is one of the fundamental laws of the universe, like gravity.

The only thing efficiency does is decide how many mathematical calculations we can do pr joule of energy. Obviously more is better, but power consumed is still the exact same as power dissipated no matter the efficiency level.

EDIT: Sorry for the multi-posting, but I got late to the party, and just read through 14 pages

-Stigma
    Last edited by Stigma; 08-26-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    stygma, it would be nice If instead of using 4 posts you edit and place all in one.. it is not needed to use a post each time you quote
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

Xtreme Member
    Sorry. as I explained I was reading through the thread from the start, so it wasnt orignally my intention to have this many responses

I will edit the previous ones together for the readers convenience.

-Stigma

Xtreme Member
    Glad I found this thread because Jinu is sending out my repaired NF11FX single stage unit on Monday. We were talking on the phone yesterday and we got into the capacity of the unit...I was worried that my B3 Q6600 might be too much for the SS unit but he said that he was testing the unit with a 250-watt heat load and temps were staying around -32C. My unit is tuned a bit more for capacity as opposed to lower temps. I hope this gets me up and running nicely once I receive the unit.

Yesterday on the phone I wish I would've knew about this thread because neither of us knew the heat load of an overclocked B3 quad core.
    Dimastech Easy Dual v2.5 (black)-----Silverstone Strider 1500w-----ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-----Intel 2600K-----Corsair Dominator GT (4x4GB) DDR3 2000-----2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's-----2x GTX Titan 6GB SLI-----Dell 3008WFP

Watercooling Loop: EK Supreme HF Rev. 2 - Acetal-----2x EK-Titan Acetal connected via EK-FC Terminal Dual Parallel-----2x Swiftech MCR320 Drive Radiators w/ built-in MCP35X Pumps-----EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Advanced-----6x Scythe GT 1850rpm Fans-----Primochill LRT 3/8" ID - 5/8" OD (Red)-----Bitspower Carbon Black Fittings-----Distilled Water + PT_Nuke PHN + Feser Base Corrosion Blocker

Xtreme Guru
    I think you'll be fine, Jinu knows his stuff and has built phases with the nf11fx for quadcore before as have many others. But if you ever start noticing problems with floodback or rising temps after a while I give him a call
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213