Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water cooling the Chipsets,, EVGA 680i

Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    Do you have a link?

Is it hotter on the CPU then cpuburn "BURNK6" ?

OPP

Intel Thermal Analysis Tool is the most obnoxious software I have ever used. If not for Nikhsub1, I would never have believed the hot temps. Yes, its hotter than cpuburn. It hammers my cores 14 degrees higher than Orthos/Prime.

Download here

http://shintai.ambition.cz/files/tat.exe
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/392
    http://rapidshare.de/files/32706207/tat.exe.html
    Last edited by IanY; 01-18-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Do you have a link?

Is it hotter on the CPU then cpuburn "BURNK6" ?

OPP
    Way hotter... there is nothing on earth that can saturate a C2D more... It is made by Intel afterall... for thermal testing and loading.
    www.anonforums.com/builds/TAT.zip

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    More discussion with Roscal who knows... this software is known as a 'power virus', about 20% more than TDP

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=494891

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    Way hotter... there is nothing on earth that can saturate a C2D more... It is made by Intel afterall... for thermal testing and loading.
    Cool, I'll give it go when I get home tonight, thanks

OPP

Nikhsub1,

I had to shut down my quad core to cool off the system lol I had never seen a 75 degree cpu temp before, especially with water cooling (albeit it was still stable) lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Nikhsub1,

I had to shut down my quad core to cool off the system lol I had never seen a 75 degree cpu temp before, especially with water cooling (albeit it was still stable) lol
    WOW!! That's one hot tamale!! I DL'ed TAT and will use it on my Intel test bed when I get back from Las Vegas.

Btw, niiiiiice U2 build, Eric. . .never thought I'd like the red, but it looks sweet.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Nikhsub1,

Does TAT work with quad? Does it show all 4 cores? Can you load all 4 cores?

Xtreme Member
    yikes, if it does, that would really create some heat...and consume some real power :-/
    465 Watts of Computing Power....Running Off the Sun.
    **w00t for solar panels**

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I have in mind, that it doesnt support quadcores.
    Someone tried it in the DC section and I could swear it just worked on 2 cores.
    Hopefully I am wrong.

That case looks indeed very nice. Will try to find one on sale in Germany.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Overclocking Guru
    Can you please do me a favor and post a picture of your SB and the tube clearance between the MCW30 and the 8800GTS Vreg heatsinks? Thanks.
    I'll have to do that tonight. It is only a hair I can tell you that much.

OPP

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy
    WOW!! That's one hot tamale!! I DL'ed TAT and will use it on my Intel test bed when I get back from Las Vegas.

Btw, niiiiiice U2 build, Eric. . .never thought I'd like the red, but it looks sweet.
    You're still in Vegas?

You must have Won some cash gambleing to extend your stay

OPP

Does TAT work with quad? Does it show all 4 cores? Can you load all 4 cores?

Yes. After you educated me on the dual core version, I contacted my buddy, a member of upper mid management at the Chandler (Scottsdale), AZ office, to search for a possible quad core version.

Intel has a version for its own internal use, but its out there on the web hush-hush, and I am operating it illicitly via my Intel employee buddy. The program was leaked out to select web sites (and I won't name them) and those web sites all received legal Cease and Desist orders lol Intel won't even allow NDA releases now. lol

Apparently, dudes with stock Intel coolers were getting temps (on all cores) into the high 80s.. and those who reached close to 100 degrees killed their cpus The RMAs began pouring in, and Intel got frustrated

Recognize that I am using a fairly high end simple loop of Apogee (now GT) to PA120.3, plus pump, and that's all. Even then, I saw ridiculous temps like 74, 78, 76, 75 Hate to imagine that such a simple loop is not good enough lol Imagine a stock cooler rofl

Intel had to exercise some damage control there, so they refused to allow external web sites to use the program.

Here is the message via my inside contact showing an e-mail from a member of its processor development team:

"I have been working with Legal on a Cease and Desists for some websites that have it posted. It is Intel Confidential and meant for Customers only with NDA. Some customer has leaked this out. If used incorrectly there could be potential damage to the processor.There are no planned updates for the public."

Sorry I cannot link the e-mail for security reasons I'm not that well connected, but I do know select individuals in select companies lol

Therefore, there won't be a quad core program released. If it were not for the legal implications, I would post this little program all across the forum

The big issue from my standpoint is that the cpu is supposed to throttle at 80 degrees, especially when used with a BadAxe2 mobo. Its embarrassing for the company to admit that those cpus that were killed never throttled back or allowed the system to shut down.

http://download.intel.com/design/pro...s/31559202.pdf
    Last edited by IanY; 01-18-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Last edited by MaxxxRacer; 01-25-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    The big issue from my standpoint is that the cpu is supposed to throttle at 80 degrees, especially when used with a BadAxe2 mobo. Its embarrassing for the company to admit that those cpus that were killed never throttled back or allowed the system to shut down.

http://download.intel.com/design/pro...s/31559202.pdf
    Yeah that is a bit worrisome, rofl. Anyway, I don't even have a quad yet, but if I do get one the ONLY way to test is with TAT... nothing else comes close the the load it generates. Just have to make sure to keep things under 80C. My testing so far the the C2D and TAT shows that at my speed (3.85Ghz) and voltage (1.56v) my TAT load is high 50's to mid 60's.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Cool setup OPPAINTER
    I am definitley going with a Mountain Mod for my next case these things look like a dream to work in.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak
    Nice cube Eric.
    I just realized how small European tubing (1/4") is compared to what you Americans mainly use.
    Too bad its really hard to get ahold of bigger tubing and bigger fittings over here :/
    Actually, that 1/4" (6.35mm) is smaller than the standard European tubing,
    which is 10mm OD, 8mm ID. But it is annoying that 1/2" stuff is so hard to
    get around here...

/on: Nice case, nice execution!
    Usual suspects: i5-750 & H212+ | Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI | 4GB RAndoM | 4850 + AC S1 + 120@5V + modded stock for VRAM/VRM | Seasonic S12-600 | 7200.12 | P180 | U2311H & S2253BW | MX518
    mITX media & to-be-server machine: A330ION | Seasonic SFX | WD600BEVS boot & WD15EARS data
    Laptops: Lifebook T4215 tablet, Vaio TX3XP
    Bike: ZX6R

What blocks are you using on the north and south? I too am waiting to see the pictures of the south cooler

My New Rig My OLD Rig
    Case: Mountain Mods - U2-UFO Horizon Black Powder Coat - Original Top
    Power Supply: Enermax Galaxy Gaming Edition 1000W Power Supply EGA1000EWL-DXX
    Motherboard: EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz
    Ram: Dominator 4GB (4 x 1GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
    CD / DVD burner: Plextor PX-755SA internal Serial ATA
    Hard Drives: SeaGate HD 250Gig 7K 8M SATA2 ST3250824AS / SeaGate HD 500Gig 7K 16M SATA2 ST3500630AS
    Water Cooling: Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra CPU Liquid Cooling Kit / EK NF4 On the SB / DD-680i Chipset Block / 2 - Danger Den Delrin Fillport / DD-D5 Pump / 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer / PA120.3 with shroud
    Fan Controller: Sunbeam 5.25" Chromatic Windmill Full Function Fan Controller – Black
    Fans: 2-120MM Aerocool XtremeTurbine – Silver / 2-Thermaltake A2018 120mm Blue LED / 4-SCYTHE S-FLEX™ 120mm
    Misc: 4” Cathode Tube UV / 5-12” Cathode Tube UV

Hamster Powered
    That is a very fine looking rig. Nice job!

I am so used to my U2-UFO that when I look into those for a moment I get lost figuring out where everything is.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Overclocking Guru
    OPP, please make sure to use TAT to generate load, there is nothing like it.
    The TAT progy is about 3 degrees hotter then BURNK6.

Here is where I'm at with 1.4V.
    Ambient at 22.2C

OPP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Load temp.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	54918  

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTX10
    What blocks are you using on the north and south? I too am waiting to see the pictures of the south cooler
    Im using Swiftech MCW30 blocks. I'll take some pictures Sunday.

OPP

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    The TAT progy is about 3 degrees hotter then BURNK6.

Here is where I'm at with 1.4V.
    Ambient at 22.2C

OPP
    Heh, I see some 64C, 62C, 63C etc etc. See the 'Start Logging' button on the bottom? If you start that it makes a nice excel sheet with the temp of each core every 2 seconds or so. Let it run for an hour - the open the log and AVERAGE all the temps. Subtract your ambient from that and you get your deltaT. That is how I am generating my numbers for the blocks I've tested and will test in the future.

Xtreme Cruncher
    @OPP

do you know if the mcw30 will fit on the abit 680i?
    For all your cooling needs: ShopPTS.com
    System:
    Rampage Formula // E8400 @ 4.0 (1.28v)
    4x 1GB Ballistix Tracer @ 600 (5-5-5-15)
    4x 74GB Raptors 16MB Raid-0 // Samsung F1 1TB
    eVGA 8800GTS 512MB @ 800/1111/2000
    Corsair HX620 // LG246WP
    Cooling:
    D-TEK FuZion // PA120.3 // 3x Yate Loon SH
    MCW60GT // EK Multi-150 // DDC-2 + Petra's Top

Heh, I see some 64C, 62C, 63C etc etc. See the 'Start Logging' button on the bottom? If you start that it makes a nice excel sheet with the temp of each core every 2 seconds or so. Let it run for an hour - the open the log and AVERAGE all the temps. Subtract your ambient from that and you get your deltaT. That is how I am generating my numbers for the blocks I've tested and will test in the future.
    Hi, Im kinda new to this TAT program. How to separate the numbers in the .csv logfile in Excel?

Is it the watertemp /TAT coretemp diference you are using? (deltaT)

I´m getting 60-63c in average from my unlapped E6600@3600mhz 1.35V.
    Is that ok?

Yours, Peter

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by syne_24
    @OPP

do you know if the mcw30 will fit on the abit 680i?
    I really couldn't tell you. I havn't checked the board out.

OPP

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by puttekula
    Hi, Im kinda new to this TAT program. How to separate the numbers in the .csv logfile in Excel?

Is it the watertemp /TAT coretemp diference you are using? (deltaT)

I´m getting 60-63c in average from my unlapped E6600@3600mhz 1.35V.
    Is that ok?

Yours, Peter
    I dont separate the numbers, I average them. I use ambient air temps, not water temps to get deltaT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast