Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T-Bred 2200+ Give away !!

I like the layout and the simplicity of it. The front page could be condensed to make a better layout though.

Great forum! A good addition would be a photo gallery of v-mods. It would be great for us intermediate overclockers trying to make the leap to "xtreme"

Love it like it is! Maybe you guys could could do a comparision of your 3d mark tweaks in detail, with every tweak explained

seriously, since the staff at Vapochill says there is no need for evaporator temps as low as -40°c maybe you could prove them wrong??

Xtreme Member
    Hi guys, I would like to see a site that is is honest in testing any kind of new chip that comes out and tell the truth about. No like some other sites. Also would be good if this site would do something for people who are as knowledgeable as you guys here. Show some step by step unlocking any chip and how to over clock it. I currently own a AthlonXP1500+ would be nice to try the 2000+, my neighbor got Intel NorthWood, I would love to beet his Intel chip. AMD ROCKS!!!! #1

Nice to see OPPAINTER & MrIcee here so I know we'll get good info and how to's.
    Still early but forums are a little slow, I'm sure you'll get them up to speed and YES I would love to win that 2200+.
    goldie

Xtreme Legend
    I would like to see, an Epox or seperated mobo sections. There are a lot of epox users though like the abit. Also I would like to see some reviews on Xtreme cooling such as phase change. Guides on how to set up a watercooling rig with pelt. Basically guides on the most freqently asked questions that are hard to answer cause the subject is broad.

I'd like to see an article that will determine what existing motherboards out there that claim to support "future AMD processors" ( there are several) actually do, and weed out the rest.

Suggestions

Give-aways rarely pull in people who will keep coming back to your site. Therefore you have to give them a reason to stay! The real question is what do you want your strength to be... You have some really really good forum members and moderators, but we lack in total members. And as of now your either not getting or posting a ton of news about computers.
    -AMD XP 2000+ (AGOIA Core) @ 1980Mhz
    -Abit KX7-333R
    -PNY Verto GeForce4 4400Ti
    -512MB Samsung DDR2700
    -60GB Seagate Barracuda IV, 40GB Western Digital.
    -Creative Sound Blaster Live!
    -52x Asus, 24x10x40 Lite-On CD-RW
    -400 Watt Enermax
    -Thermalright AX-7 with Thermalright 80mm fan.
    -Optiquest Q75 17" Monitor
    ->I have Penguins glued to my case, and monitor!! What about you?
    *Beware of the Penguin! Be afraid; be very afraid!
    **Long live the big Brown Fuzzy Mammal!

how about summing up some of the more interesting forum topics into guides on the main website, excellant for newbies who's not had a chance to search the forums yet and for quick and easy access for experienced users.

Also, how about putting something in the "about us" section? e.g. maybe just a quick message from the administrators and moderators and/or their system spec of the PC's that they're currently running?

Wow I'd love to win a t-bred...ummm hows about reviewing Home Theater systems like the Onkyo HT-S650 vs. say the Pioneer or Sony offerings, maybe hook um up to your sound cards and do test ranging the whole spectrum from gaming to dvds

Xtreme Member
    I think a cpu database with the week, stepping, and speed of overclock would be nice to have. Much like overclockers but actually updated more often.

I just registered for your forums a few minutes ago. I have spent the last few days following the overclocking adventures of the new TBERD. What impresses me most about the site and the people is how nice and helpful each of you are to both regulars and new comers. Having been a member of other not so nice forums for the past few years, it is refreshing to find a site like this. Hopefully in the future I can offer help from past experiences and contribute to this great forum.

Good idea fellas

What I look for when I come here is posts w/ specific information on the latest overclocking hardware. So my suggestion would be to have the overclocking gurus (opp, Icee, etc) make frequent posts regarding the subtle nuances of the new gear.

Also, I feel this site should be noob friendly OS tweaks, driver tweaks, and bios tweak guides would be greatly beneficial to many users.

Keeping up to date on the latest cooling hardware is also a must and reviews of new hardware would be great. Cooling is definitely one of the most important aspects of overclocking and can be tricky to to safely therefore guides/ how to's would be really be helpfull.

As far as reviews go, I think keeping on top of the newest motherboards/ cpu's is a good idea. I realize that you can get mobo reviews anywhere, but frankly it just isnt the same. Most reviewers don't have the ability to push their systems as far people here do and may be biased in there opinions. Here there is no bs and I can get a trustworthy opinion on the overclockability of the latest gear.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Eli; 06-26-2002 at 02:14 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    me personally i wouldent change what isnt broken the site has grown immensly since i registered and like how it is progressing ....(apart from the last few days when all e-mail links etc dont work .... reviews will come along at there own pace as hardware gets released..... what is the point in reviewing 12 month old hardware weve all (well most) seen it b4 and have a good idea what old stuff does ......... lets move forward and look at new stuff as it comes out like you did with the thouroughbred..I feel quite confident that OPP MrIcee and Co will get every ounce of goodness out of any review specimen ..the guys that frequent the site can answer virtually any question that they are asked and are always willing to help so theres no prob there

as MrIcee would say "Onwards and upwards"

Xtreme Member
    the layout is great

right now

it needs three things

-more reviews and I mean comparisons between the top dog hardware (it´s what we care about) and directed mainly at overclocking performance seeking users

-hardware guides (how-to´s)

and last but not least

-every day updated news a-la hardocp
    Last edited by SKATAN; 06-25-2002 at 06:16 PM.

I would like to see cutting edge information on the latest and greatest hardware hitting the streets.

How top ten list of best performing stuff like Heatsinks, Fans, Watercoolers, etc.
    XP 1700+@1900MHz - 9.5x200
    PoX 8K3A KT333 (2B01) BIOS
    512MB 6ns Generic Windbond
    128MB Chaintech Geforce4 SE Ti4200@325/555
    Soundblaster Audigy OEM
    4x75GB IBM DTLA Raid 0
    SLK-800 TT SmartFan II

Ritalin Junkie
    all the other sides seem to look on hardware in terms of features, packaging, software bundle blah blah....i ( and i am sure many others) want OVERCLOCKING, and how would this specific product appeal to an overclocker / computer enthusiast.
    thanks,
    good luck to everyone on winning the Tbred, but i wish the best luck to myself.

hwbot crew
    I'd like to see a shoutout with the following:

XP2200+ Tbred OC'ing:
    LN2 / Dry Ice / MX EVA3 / Promoteia / Vapo / pelt+ H²O / regular H²O / Swiftie or Pal aircooling.

It would be nice to see how high a same TBred would go with all these types of cooling.

But, because that's a massive amount of work, maybe a shoutout between the three most popular phase change cooling systems would be very, very interesting:

Promoteia vs. MX Eva3 vx. Vapochill

If you're gonna spend 800$, it would be nice knowing which one is the best.

Oh yeah, before i forget:
    *whine whine* I need that Tbred because I just blew some precious thingie in my rig *whine whine*... hehe
    HTPC (win xp): Turion MT-30 @ 2Ghz | NF4 | XFX 7900GT | 26" TFT
    Development (mac osx): Macbook Pro | Core Duo 1.86Ghz | 1.5GB DDR2

The site is looks like it is coming along pretty good. I can't believe why you would give away an XP2200+. I'd like to upgrade my PC up a little from 333MHz. Aside from that the site is very nice, and I like the lay-out. I think you should do reviews on some coolers and such for the 2200+ so everyone could see how it would perform. I would be happy to help out and send in some reviews and such, if you like just e-mail me I would be glad to help.

nice forum - and max NICE oc results MrIcee and Opp - respect to you.

and please give me a XP2200+

Xtreme Legend
    Welcome to the forum HolgerDK

Nice job and I could REALLY use that Tbred...

The biggest thing I see missing from most sites is the in-depth how-to OC. The basics are no brainers, but it would be nice to see what others preferences in bios when OC/ing. Sort of like not know what fast writes does or sidebanding. There are so many bios options that you have no idea whether they help or hurt the performance, let alone if they help video performance or system stability.

This sounds really cool. What I'd like to see more of is tips for those of us with air cooling and how to make our system run nice and cool. I would also like to see products re-reviewed when changes are made such as several sites reviewed the initial batch of thoroughbreds but that was with the old ARICA stepping, I'd like to find out how the ARIDA or ARIGA steppings do.

Xtreme Member
    Hi all

Well im pretty new to this Forum, came here from Icrontic (following the Guru`s), I would like to see some more things about Phasechange cooling since this has sort of become a hobby for me im waiting for my Prometeia, damn could be fun to see how a T-Breed would behave in a sucker like that.

ohh and maybe OPP`s pic should be posted as a background pic here His the Father offf Ocìng .

Menty
    A64 3800+ 2.6, DFI NF4 Sli-dr, 2gig Ballistix, 600 giga hd, X850XT PE, Aureon, IBM T860 18.1, Watercooled by DD RBX

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.