Thread: Downsizing ???

I am Xtreme

Downsizing ???

Okay I finally got things running correctly. I have taken my motherboard and watercooling setup out of my stacker. Got an opty 170 @ 1.48 running 3.0 ghz. Temps are bout 46-47 under load. Here's my problem I have this setup with a BIP III, but I don't think I can mount it on the bottom without modding the case. The bottom vent works well unmodded with my MCR 220. I don't want to cut the case so I'm stuck with either using the bottom vent with the BIP III and hope it's pulling enough air thru the rad or using my 220. Do you think I'll see an increase in temps with the 220 and approx. how much ? Or should I use the BIP and hope for pretty much what I'm getting now as far as temps. Really don't want to cut case as I just got it and front mount is definately out due to drives.
    Need some advice as I want to put it all back in the case.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What pump and block are you using? Are you only runing cpu block in the loop.

Hamster Powered
    Sell both rads and put a PA120.2 if it will fit. It will perform as well or better than the BIP III.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

I am Xtreme
    using a mcp350 w/petra top and apogee block. Was really wondering if my temps would be thrown way off if I had to use the mcr 220.