I read the last thread that concerned this but the solution to his problem was a dead HDD. This is not going to be the case for this problem. Also before I begin the problem I would like to mention I did use the search function and I did use google. I also went to the Asus website and filled out a support ticket.

Anywho, here goes.

Specs:

Asus P5B Deluxe Bios Revision 0804
C2D E6400
Geforce 8800GTS
2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix
2 SATA HDD Drives
2 IDE CD Rom Drives

The system POST's fine and when it gets to detecting drivers it pauses a moment and then continues to say to insert a bootable media etc...

I tried initally with both CDRom Drives on the IDE Cable 1 Master 1 Slave. And it wouldnt detect. I tried with only 1 Drive set to Master and it wouldnt detect. I also tried switching to Cable Select it wouldnt detect either.

I went into the BIOS and saw I initally had 0604 and decided to update ti and see if that helped anything. I did to 0804 and it didnt help to detect the drives.

Under the Main -> IDE Configuration -> SATA Config: (I tried Enhanced and Compatible)

Hard Disk Write Protect: Disabled
IDE Detect Time out: 35 Sec
JMicron SATA / PATA: Enabled (Of course)
JMicron Controller Mode: IDE

JMicron Version: v1.06.22

I am stumped, was wondering if anybody could shed some light. Thanks in advance. Id be happy to clarify or add more information that may be needed to solve this problem.