Thread: Our Description

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?

Our Description

I was just randomly checking all my DC stats and I noticed this.. our description at the Maj-12 website sounds really really bad..
    "The Xtreme Systems is a forum that caters to the Xtreme overclocker. With top ranked DC teams that push these systems further than anyone else could imagine."
    How about
    "Xtreme Systems is a forum that caters to the Xtreme overclocker. Xtreme Systems is a top ranked Distributed Computing team that is constantly pushing the boundaries."
    or at least something that doesn't hang like the 2nd line? No offense to the person that wrote that description but it just doesn't flow

Now get back to crunching! Those Norwegians don't look happy to have lost 2nd place, they currently have a 100k lead on us for the day.

Xtreme Cruncher
    The one you said doesn't sound too bad but would it have to be Haltech to change it? We can't change our team leader yet again can we?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gomeler
    I was just randomly checking all my DC stats and I noticed this.. our description at the Maj-12 website sounds really really bad..
    "The Xtreme Systems is a forum that caters to the Xtreme overclocker. With top ranked DC teams that push these systems further than anyone else could imagine."
    How about
    "Xtreme Systems is a forum that caters to the Xtreme overclocker. Xtreme Systems is a top ranked Distributed Computing team that is constantly pushing the boundaries."
    or at least something that doesn't hang like the 2nd line? No offense to the person that wrote that description but it just doesn't flow

Now get back to crunching! Those Norwegians don't look happy to have lost 2nd place, they currently have a 100k lead on us for the day.
    Well I thought I wrote something like this when I started the team.... but it just doesn't sound like what I had originally. The other teams I started I just through a generic line in the description or specifically tried to have someone start the team to avoid embarrassing situations like this where someone points out writing mistakes. The second line I think is mine .... the first I don't think I wrote. It could have got messed up somewhere down the lines .... personally I like the original second line. It definitely needs an edit and I apologize if I wrote the whole thing .... I think it got messed up when it was out of my hands.

I am glad to have started majestic 12 I never wanted to be the team leader it just gives you that for being the one who starts the team..... but it seems to have paid off based on the team ranking. Just wish PY would calm it down a bit for us to grab that top spot. I was the first one to have returned work and because of this horrid internet company I couldn't compete in this project.
    Last edited by UCmajewski; 01-03-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    So haltech is the only one that can edit that description? Guess that'll be something else to add to the to-do list. In other news we are 4th place for daily totals today, even the Knights who say Ni! are beating us..

beefin' it up!
    sorry guys, i know i've been slacking off a lot lately. My brother's home from college and games more than i do, so i can't leave it running during the days, and other... bandwidth using apps... have been running in the spare time as well. I'll be back soon though I'll also give haltech a shout about the team cap'n thing