Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!The Ultimate K8L Thread 2007 & Beyond!!!

Ok, how about this, this thread is about AMD. Not about comparing to Intel. Brent, call someone a fanboy and you will be taking some time off.

Keep the thread on topic and stay the he** out if you have nothing worth saying.

K?
    K.

IFMU

Xtreme Addict
    These policies are absurd..

How can you discuss AMD without discussing their principal competitor Intel?

They are two sides of a coin, and the C2D is the only barometer we have for estimating the performance of the K10, therefore any discussion on the C2D as it relates to the K10, is valid.

I posted the C2D and the K8 benchmarks, because I wanted to demonstrate the value of a good SSE2 implementation (which is important to AMD), which Shintai was dismissing..

Quote Originally Posted by Carfax
    These policies are absurd..

How can you discuss AMD without discussing their principal competitor Intel?
    Well no one is forcing you to stay here.
    I am sick of people who hate AMD/Intel going into the others section and doing nothing but bashing those who like the section THEY ARE IN.
    If you dont like one brand, go to the other section and stay there.
    By the gawds is it so hard to have a discussion about something without someone having to call you a fanboy because you like one over another?
    If you want to discuss AMD vs Intel or AIT vs nVidia? then do in in the General Hardware areas, not in the areas that are dedicated to them specificly.
    Is that hard to comprehend for anyone?
    If I think all cars suck I am not going to go into the Car/Trucks section just to tell everyone they are fanboys.

It is the way it is, if you dont like it no one is forcing anyone to be here.
    This is not a democracy.

IFMU

P.S. Yes you can report this post to other staff if you feel I have attacked you in some way.

Otherwise
    Accept it
    Acknowledge it
    Move on.

Xtreme Guru
    does any on have any idea how much will these k8l chips cost, when they come out?
    and does any one know the date when they WILL come out?
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well according to Amd they come in q2 2007 and hkepc had a article stating that K10 Opterons come from 1,9-2.5 ghz in q2 2007 .
    I have posted the links in this thread. Im too lazy to search true 26 pages with mostly arguing now, sorry . Perhaps i relink them later.

We will probably see Opterons Barecelona (socket 1207 2p 4x2=8cores) and
    Budapest (Am2 Opterons 1000series). But they will probably be few in the channel. As for prices . I would guess cheapest for 400$.

Ok found one
    I see if i can link the others later

Xtreme Guru
    ok thanks for the info gues, so mid 07 thats too long i want one now
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by IFMU
    Well no one is forcing you to stay here.
    I am sick of people who hate AMD/Intel going into the others section and doing nothing but bashing those who like the section THEY ARE IN.
    If you dont like one brand, go to the other section and stay there.
    By the gawds is it so hard to have a discussion about something without someone having to call you a fanboy because you like one over another?
    If you want to discuss AMD vs Intel or AIT vs nVidia? then do in in the General Hardware areas, not in the areas that are dedicated to them specificly.
    Is that hard to comprehend for anyone?
    If I think all cars suck I am not going to go into the Car/Trucks section just to tell everyone they are fanboys.

It is the way it is, if you dont like it no one is forcing anyone to be here.
    This is not a democracy.

IFMU

P.S. Yes you can report this post to other staff if you feel I have attacked you in some way.

Otherwise
    Accept it
    Acknowledge it
    Move on.
    thanks for stepping into this thread and placing a logical order into the manner upon which people should be posting in this thread and most importantly in this particular part of the forum.

its difficult to understand how some clearly inteligent people are unable to understand the concept of the forums title; AMD. While discussion is required between both competitors cpus this comparison, analysis and disection should be conducted in the correct part of the forums. This is not the place to do it.

The general hardware section would welcome the traffic Please peeps, take it to the correct section and leave the 'fanboys' to discuss the cpus they like without the need to defend this.

im thankful to the mods here at XS, they keep things from really boiling over, nipping it in the bud. Sometimes it looks like they aint around but when required their presence can be felt.

mong
    Seasonic Prime TX-850 Platinum | MSI X570 MEG Unify | Ryzen 5 5800X 2048SUS, TechN AM4 1/2" ID
    32GB Viper Steel 4400, EK Monarch @3733/1866, 1.64v - 13-14-14-14-28-42-224-16-1T-56-0-0
    WD SN850 1TB | Zotac Twin Edge 3070 @2055/1905, Alphacool Eisblock
    2 x Aquacomputer D5 | Eisbecher Helix 250
    EK-CoolStream XE 360 | Thermochill PA120.3 | 6 x Arctic P12

Xtreme Member
    Amen to that IFMU...I want to read information, not fight flames.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't know anything about K8L, but I'd like to know what type of memory K8L mobos will support. I want to invest in a K8L system later, so I'd like to keep my eye open for any deals. Or do you recommend waiting because better memory tech for K8L systems will be available sometime next year?
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    K8L will support DDR2 and DDR3. I would wait until 2GB modules become a little more mainstream, if you ask me.

Xtreme Addict
    Ah good advice. Thanks Yeah I saw those 2x1g Corsairs being sold for over $650. Who ever spends that kind of money on two sticks of ram, I have a bridge for sale.

Edit:
    Wait a minute... did you just say DDR3? Like the memory they put in vcards? Whats different about it? I must know more about this "DDR3"!!
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 02-15-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella
    Wait a minute... did you just say DDR3? Like the memory they put in vcards? Whats different about it? I must know more about this "DDR3"!!
    There's a DDR3 Guru around here somewhere, but he's pretty shy and doesn't post much.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella
    Ah good advice. Thanks Yeah I saw those 2x1g Corsairs being sold for over $650. Who ever spends that kind of money on two sticks of ram, I have a bridge for sale.

Edit:
    Do not ever confuse DDR3 with GDDR3, because they are very different animals
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    DDR3 is essentially DDR2 with a process shrink. Which means:

-lower voltage
    -higher clocks
    -higher capacity

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ether.real
    DDR3 is essentially DDR2 with a process shrink. Which means:

-lower voltage
    -higher clocks
    -higher capacity
    NO and BAD
    DDR3 supports any new features such as:
    1)Introduction of asynchronous RESET pin
    2)Support of system level flight time compensation
    3)On-DIMM Mirror friendly DRAM ballout
    4)Introduction of CWL (CAS Write Latency) per speed bin
    5)On-die IO calibration engine
    6)READ and WRITE calibration
    7)Fly-by command/address/control bus with On-DIMM termination
    8)High precision calibration resistors

Which means lower power, Lower latency, more bandwidth and Higher capacity.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Addict
    Ah, thanks step and ether.

Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Do not ever confuse DDR3 with GDDR3, because they are very different animals
    Sh*t... You don't think I angered the gods of overclocking do you? I hope I don't need a sacrifice for my Delta fan...

Xtreme Addict
    Wow, its just amazing to me to see something that small, knowing how powerful it is.

Xtreme Member
    prospekt Veteranov, Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAS
    Well, he said he have a cpu that CPU-Z can't detect at all in the first post, later he said it wasn't Intel... so basicaly he is saying he got a K10 in hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if you look at the pic , it does say unknown amd cpu

here is the english version
    http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...ht%3Dbarcelona

Xtreme Cruncher
    You gonna need AM3 for DDR3. AM2+ will only do DDR2.

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?...me=0&endtime=0
    Last edited by Shintai; 02-16-2007 at 02:43 AM.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    NO and BAD
    DDR3 supports any new features such as:
    1)Introduction of asynchronous RESET pin
    2)Support of system level flight time compensation
    3)On-DIMM Mirror friendly DRAM ballout
    4)Introduction of CWL (CAS Write Latency) per speed bin
    5)On-die IO calibration engine
    6)READ and WRITE calibration
    7)Fly-by command/address/control bus with On-DIMM termination
    8)High precision calibration resistors

Which means lower power, Lower latency, more bandwidth and Higher capacity.

I LOOOOVE those "lower' parts

-tam2-

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero
    Well, he said he have a cpu that CPU-Z can't detect at all in the first post, later he said it wasn't Intel... so basicaly he is saying he got a K10 in hands.
    he also says he signed an NDA.I cant fathom how chile rates among the ES recipients And me;joe america does not

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brentpresley

seemed alot longer than that to me lol. i'm not an old school clocker though, when i had a pentium mmx you guys were on athlon xp's with barton cores 'n such. and when i came on this board i had a compaq computer lol. but i remember some ppl said clock for clock pIII was quicker than pIV that made me lol.
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast