Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!The Ultimate K8L Thread 2007 & Beyond!!!

Banned
    For those interested nn-step pawned me pretty good on the core transitor count. Penryn increased it core logic transitor count by 17.8% . Still thats not bad if it increases performance.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketbikeuk
    Amazing how amd threads end up about intel if i wanna read about intel il do so in the intel section can people please keep this thread on topic so when some good k8l news is out we dont have to start a new thread as this one is closed.
    Some discuss technical details and others about the weather

AMD isn't alone in the marketplace , as lons as there is a competitor comparisons will be made.What's your problem after all ? Need a pure AMD cheering ground ? Go to sharikou's blog and become one of his followers.

Banned
    Give me Mod-Privlages and I'll delete all the Intel posts since this IS my thread and in a AMD forum is it not? =P

So physical proof of a real chip has been found. Must be a (ES).

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge84
    Give me Mod-Privlages and I'll delete all the Intel posts since this IS my thread and in a AMD forum is it not? =P

So physical proof of a real chip has been found. Must be a (ES).
    I believe you would do a heck of alot more damage with Mod power than the Intel Fanboys could ever do
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Savantu

AMD isn't alone in the marketplace , as lons as there is a competitor comparisons will be made.What's your problem after all ? Need a pure AMD cheering ground ? Go to sharikou's blog and become one of his followers.

It's got nothing to do with a cheering ground.

It's a K8L thread, I assume here so one can post and one can find information about K8L as it comes to hand, not sift through pages and pages and pages of intelvs amd flamewars.

Xtreme Cruncher

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by savantu

No
    This is an Amd forum not a generally Intel vs Amd thread. You have no right to come here and spam like you do. You sir are a troller of the worst sort .Im so sick of your imature behaviour:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroedni
    No
    This is an Amd forum not a generally Intel vs Amd thread. You have no right to come here and spam like you do. You sir are a troller of the worst sort .Im so sick of your imature behaviour:
    Fair enough and I am sure your staement fits me also. But we pretty much know everthing we can know about K8L .

Everyone is a little ansie to see some es chips and bench marks that would help a lot. Right now all we have on K8l is that its going to be 40% than conroe. If its true why didn't AMD give us a real Demo in DEC?

You can't blame the intel side for standing up and saying hay show us the benchmarks instead of the marketing hype can ya.

It really adds more tension to the water now that intel has shown real demo's of Penryn Running with AO cores thats 20% faster with the same voltage and freq, as conroe. Add to that 17% increase in core logic. Anand says 20%. So I am assuming that translates to even more of a preformance boost. Than add into the fact these chips will like O/C to 4.75 ghz.

Its hard for the Intel side to stay outside when AMD has shown us nothing other the marketing hype. Wouldn't you agree?

I for one want to debate with the AMD side . I don't want to argue wth the amd side. Debate leads to more understanding . Argueing leads to flaming and closed threads. As insults strart fling around.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-30-2007 at 07:03 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1

You can't blame the intel side for standing up and saying hay show us the benchmarks instead of the marketing hype can ya.

bla bla bla...

I for one want to debate with the AMD side . I don't want to argue wth the amd side. Debate leads to more understanding . Argueing leads to flaming and closed threads. As insults strart fling around.
    Intel side vs amd side LOL.... I just felt like pointing out how ridiculous this kind of mind set is. Are you sub 15yo ? Jeez....

Xtreme Addict
    No
    I have to ask : do you even know what trolling is ?

Since when are technical facts trolling ? I ask again : how should an AMD only thread look like ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by savantu
    I have to ask : do you even know what trolling is ?

Since when are technical facts trolling ? I ask again : how should an AMD only thread look like ?
    In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

This thread is about Amd next generation processor. What makes you think that this thread is for Amd versus Intel or Penryn vs K8l . Sure you may post technical info, buts that info is not about K8l
    Im just so sick of certain people invading the Amd K8l thread all the time just to post how much better this and that from Intel is. 2 Threads is allready been locked because of this

Here is 2 threads from the Intel forum which i had to search for in order to locate them. Why is it that a Thread made for an Future Amd processor get plenty of babble and such for Intel processor , while in the Intel forum theres almost no discussion at all?

And you have not posted in any of those threads either. Why is that Savantu?
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ight=yorkfield

Xtreme Cruncher
    In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

And you have not posted in any of those threads either. Why is that Savantu?
    I think it's because savantu fits the description you gave .
    He conveniently avoided those topics,but he somehow managed to post here .Really interesting

Banned
    Please stop spamming MY Thread. God! You can ONLY talk about K8L nothing else off topic besides AMD related. This flaming has got to stop. Just ignore people from the other side ok? We are here for info about K8L we could care less what Intel can do.

(YOU REALLY SHOULD POST IN THE INTEL FORUMS IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A INTEL TOPIC, ITS GREAT AND ALL TO BRING UP USEFUL INFO BUT IN THE WRONG FORUMS IT'S USELESS. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT INTEL IF WE DID WE WOULD POST IN THE INTEL FORUMS "THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE". IF YOU CAN READ LAST TIME WE ALL CHECKED THIS WAS THE !!!AMD FORUMS!!! CAN'T SAY IT MUCH CLEAR THEN THAT... NOT A INTEL FORUM HELLO, MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER TO POST UNRELATED INFO IN A FORUM ABOUT A TOTALLY DIF CPU COMPANY, YA THINK... DURRHURR!?)
    Last edited by Serge84; 01-30-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz@Scythe Mugen 2 <-> ASRock 970 Extreme4 <-> 8GB DDR3-1333 <-> Sapphire HD7870@1100/1300 <-> Samsung F3 <-> Win8.1 x64 <-> Acer Slim Line S243HL <-> BQT E9-CM 480W

Xtreme Member
    prospekt Veteranov, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Please stop spamming MY Thread.
    what do u wanna hear here except flood?

i see people drawing Kuma screenshots

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat

Could it be true?
    Thermaltake Xaser 3 V2000a ALU
    Phenom x4 905e
    4G ddr3
    Ati radeon HD 4850 sapphire
    OCZ Vertex turbo 30G

Banned
    Please stop spamming MY Thread. God! You can ONLY talk about K8L nothing else off topic besides AMD related. This flaming has got to stop. Just ignore people from the other side ok? We are here for info about K8L we could care less what Intel can do.

(YOU REALLY SHOULD POST IN THE INTEL FORUMS IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A INTEL TOPIC, ITS GREAT AND ALL TO BRING UP USEFUL INFO BUT IN THE WRONG FORUMS IT'S USELESS. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT INTEL IF WE DID WE WOULD POST IN THE INTEL FORUMS "THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE". IF YOU CAN READ LAST TIME WE ALL CHECKED THIS WAS THE !!!AMD FORUMS!!! CAN'T SAY IT MUCH CLEAR THEN THAT... NOT A INTEL FORUM HELLO, MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER TO POST UNRELATED INFO IN A FORUM ABOUT A TOTALLY DIF CPU COMPANY, YA THINK... DURRHURR!?)

Serge I will do as you asked. But if I see AMD K8L will be 40% than intel without showing the benchmarks . That invites me or anyone else in to thread. The moment Intel is mentioned. In those terms without proof. Its all hype which= fud. SHOW US THE BENCHMARKS before saying K8l will be 40% faster at the same clock.

Do you think this would be fair Serge. I for one don't want to see this thread closed . Some good stuff in year. Just leave Intel out of it and I see zero problems.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkec
    Could it be true?
    yes it could
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Banned
    Somebody is trying to tease us with a Kuma's L3 cache (ES).

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1...ircpuidfr8.png

More teasing? Pic of a CPUz shot of a X4.

Well to the other guy I didn't say K8L would be 40% faster. AMD did and its prob only in FPU because they did physically double it's size. But for everything else who knows, all we know is the specs say to expect similar speed performance to conroe because of the new cycle speeds of K8L.

I am just going by the sources, I don't go by anything else. I have just as much idea whats in store as the next guy. We just don't know yet. However AMD looks pretty excited about something to be braging about it. They usouly don't do a intel style show off. Its too early for benchmarks, I'm sure people have the (ES) but are waiting for the OK from AMD to show the Star processors. We never really see them until they come out or close to it like a month or 2 before, its usouly done only in the FAB's for testing is how AMD has always been.
    Last edited by Serge84; 01-30-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    @Serge84

You know that pic showing CPU-Z shot of Altair is FAKE.
    w0mbat pic is also FAKE...

Why are you doing this?
    Last edited by Lightman; 01-30-2007 at 02:14 PM.
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman
    @Serge84

Why are you doing this?
    If u know that its fake, then u also know where im from and why i should fake such a pic? Its funny, everyone is screaming fake just because u dont believe

And maybe im a fake too and just existing in ur brain? Like kindergande here, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, ...
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz@Scythe Mugen 2 <-> ASRock 970 Extreme4 <-> 8GB DDR3-1333 <-> Sapphire HD7870@1100/1300 <-> Samsung F3 <-> Win8.1 x64 <-> Acer Slim Line S243HL <-> BQT E9-CM 480W

Xtreme Cruncher
    If u know that its fake, then u also know where im from and why i should fake such a pic? Its funny, everyone is screaming fake just because u dont believe

And maybe im a fake too and just existing in ur brain? Like kindergande here, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, ...
    If we presume it's not fake, could you please tell us what processor is on that cpu-z right corner shot? Kuma (sempron successor?)
    Thermaltake Xaser 3 V2000a ALU
    Phenom x4 905e
    4G ddr3
    Ati radeon HD 4850 sapphire
    OCZ Vertex turbo 30G

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman
    @Serge84

Why are you doing this?
    Nobody knows if they been edited or not because for one I just came across it, I didn't make the thing. It Could it be true. Maybe. Could it be a fake. Maybe. Who cares, and 1st of all there are (ES)'s out there of K8L there is physical proof these things have been made into a working CPU so why not?

Thats like saying the other companies cpu was fake when ppl showed specs on it when they where real (ES)'s how can this be any dif? Tell me how can we know for sure or not when K8L EXISTS AS A REAL CPU not just a peice of silcon on a die wafer. Its as bad as AMD showing it working in a task manager. You could say that was fake too. *Shrugs* If its fake or not it doesn't really matter, your just being inamaginative. Because thats not the point at all. Why am I doing WHAT? I didn't do anything I just showed what could be proof of (ES)'s. Next are you going to tell us the shots of the real physical cpus are also fakes?

The 1st K8L's come out in April or may. why wouldn't (ES)'s exist? Expecting it to come out much later? it was more like 9 months we saw the special (ES)'s of that other companies cpu. Did we challange the reliability of the 1st CPU-Z shots? Prob, then they ended up being real. So why hate on K8L so much, I'm not even starting.
    Last edited by Serge84; 01-30-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It is a pic from a friend working at AMD. He said its a K8L Antares dualcore. Maybe i can please him for validation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkec
    If we presume it's not fake, could you please tell us what processor is on that cpu-z right corner shot? Kuma (sempron successor?)
    Kuma is the X2 K8L's, Rana is the dual core semprons, Agena is the X4's and AFX K8L's, Altair is a older star name they used but recently changed it to Agena. Spica is a single core K8L with very low performance. Information is unknown on the core speeds they will use.
    Last edited by Serge84; 01-30-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Banned
    It is a pic from a friend working at AMD. He said its a K8L Antares dualcore. Maybe i can please him for validation.
    So your serious?

http://www.xfastest.com/redirect.php...8&goto=newpost

Some more info.

Core Enchancements:

128 Bit floating point:

Applies only to Agena & Kuma

New SSE4A instructions:

Advanced Bit manipulation

MWAIT & MONITOR instructions

Misaligned SSE Mode
    Additional Features:

Power management state invariant time stamp counter (TSC)

increased number of TLB Page entries

1GB large paging support

Physical address space increased to 48 bits
    IMC Enhancements

DDR2 Dimms in products variations:

32 iFetch

Larger(OoO) Buffers

Socket AM2+: Dual Channel unbuffered 1066 support

Socket 1207+ Dual Channel unbuffered 1066 support
    Memory Controller enhancements

Write Burst & DRAM prefetching performance improovements

DRAM writes can be buffered in the memory controller before being opportunistically bursted into DRAM controler to improve DRAM interface efficiency

Read prefetcher detects stride paterns and issues prefetch requests based on confidence level

Channel Interleaving
    Roadmap:

Agena FX(K8L):

Q3 2007:
    2.7-2.9GHz
    4x512kB L2 cache
    2MB shared L3 cache
    Socket 1207+, 1207 compatible
    4000MHz hypertransport Bus
    TDP not determined yet
    65nm SOI

Agena(K8L):

Q3 2007:
    2.4-2.6GHz
    4x512kB L2 cache
    2MB shared L3 cache
    Socket AM2+, AM2 compatible
    TDP 125W
    65nm SOI

Kuma(K8L):

Q3 2007:
    2.0-2.9GHz
    2x512kB L2 cache
    2MB shared L3 cache
    TDP 89W, 65W
    65nm SOI

Kuma EE(K8L):

Q4 2007:
    2.0-?GHz
    2x512kB L2 cache
    2MB shared L3 cache
    TDP 35W
    65nm SOI

Rana(K8L):

Q4 2007:
    2.1-2.3GHz
    2x512kB L2 cache
    No shared L3 cache
    2000MHz hypertransport Bus, HTT1
    TDP 65W
    65nm SOI

Sources:
    Chilehardware
    Dailytech

Just wanted to recap but most know this already.

From info based on what spec info we have I will try to make up a ALU and FPU chart of K8L on each processor speed if I have time. Just think that would be intresting just for fun to speculate performance.
    Last edited by Serge84; 01-30-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast