Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblanke
    Agreed, quad core chips as two cores will become a thing of the past very soon, but once that happens, they could just put two of those together to make the first 8-core cpu. It might take an extra process shrink to get power consumption within a reasonable envelope, but it would still be the fastest way to get it to market. They've taken this route twice now, and I don't see them breaking that habit and making their first 8-core a native 8-core.
    I don't think that will go on forever, if we have to believe Intel's roadmaps. We now have Kentfield as a non-native quadcore and this will by the end of this year be replaced by yorkfield, which also is a non-native design (according to latest rumors, time will tell). Then afterward we will have Nehalem, a native quadcore with hyperthreading and as a result it will perform like an octo-core. But this new core will use a CSI, which will be much like AMD's Hypertransport (we will get to know the major differences in the future), but as with AMD's system this system will probably not allow it to have multiple dies in a single package, not with a major performance hit atleast. This ofcourse still is speculation and it might be that Intel designed CSI and it's processor architecture (the mem controller in particular) to still allow multiple dies in a single package.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever
    @nikhsub1,

What is your preferred method for applying the Shin-Etsu G751? I ordered some recently after seeing your recommendation.
    A small dollop in the center of the IHS... no spreading just mount WB.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmore
    I don't think that will go on forever, if we have to believe Intel's roadmaps. We now have Kentfield as a non-native quadcore and this will by the end of this year be replaced by yorkfield, which also is a non-native design (according to latest rumors, time will tell). Then afterward we will have Nehalem, a native quadcore with hyperthreading and as a result it will perform like an octo-core. But this new core will use a CSI, which will be much like AMD's Hypertransport (we will get to know the major differences in the future), but as with AMD's system this system will probably not allow it to have multiple dies in a single package, not with a major performance hit atleast. This ofcourse still is speculation and it might be that Intel designed CSI and it's processor architecture (the mem controller in particular) to still allow multiple dies in a single package.
    That's the info I was hoping for, thanks.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2 | Abit AB9 QuadGT | 2GB G.Skill HK | 8800GTS 640 | Ultra X3 1000W | Silverstone TJ-09 | Water

Athlon 64 3500 @ 2.5 | DFI "Expert" | 2GB G.Skill HZ | Radeon X1900XT | Enermax Liberty 500W | Lian Li V1000B | Thermalright XP-120

Pentium 4 2.4C @3.0 | Abit IC7-G Max II | 1GB Geil DDR400 | GeForce 6800nu | OCZ ModStream 450 | TT Tsunami | Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu

Yorkfield will only be released in the third quarter of 2007. Even that will have a split core.

You guys would be waiting forever, possibly until summer 2008!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Yorkfield will only be released in the third quarter of 2007. Even that will have a split core.

You guys would be waiting forever, possibly until summer 2008!
    ...and by that time I bet there will be a better block than the Storm for cooling single dies.

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanut
    ...and by that time I bet there will be a better block than the Storm for cooling single dies.
    There already is.....G5
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever
    There already is.....G5
    Allow me to re-phrase...a better block that can be found in plentiful quantity and isn't outrageously expensive.

Someone wanted to sell me a used G5 for $500. I told him that the G5 would best fit <censored> ..... lol

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    I'm going to start a new thread when I have more numbers for more blocks... but this is what I have for the FuZion:

FuZion Mount 1
    --------------
    Temp Avg. 64.037
    Ambient Avg 20.556
    Avg DeltaT 43.481

FuZion Mount 2
    --------------
    Temp Avg. 64.811
    Ambient Avg 21.875
    Avg DeltaT 42.936

FuZion Mount 3
    --------------
    Avg Temp 64.981
    Avg Ambient 22.222
    Avg DeltaT 42.759
    Last edited by nikhsub1; 01-08-2007 at 03:54 PM.

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Am I missing something or are those temps 20C higher than the ones you posted earlier?

Average ambient = 20.372 C (6 records)
    Average coretemps = 43.524 C (120,919 records)
    DeltaT = 23.152 C
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Darn. That's not sexy at all.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak
    Am I missing something or are those temps 20C higher than the ones you posted earlier?
    you missed my post a couple of pages ago... I am now using TAT to generate LOAD temps... it makes the cpu hotter than any proggie i've ever seen. That is why the numbers are totally different

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    WTF do you mean?

Xtreme Addict
    wow 43* dT

i concur

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    you missed my post a couple of pages ago... I am now using TAT to generate LOAD temps... it makes the cpu hotter than any proggie i've ever seen. That is why the numbers are totally different
    Is that quad or still dual core

I have one of these on its way to me as well. I don't have a particularly scientific testing method, and I'll simply be installing it into my loop to replace my APOGEE, but hopefully I get better results than THAT....

Quote Originally Posted by Methylphenidate
    I have one of these on its way to me as well. I don't have a particularly scientific testing method, and I'll simply be installing it into my loop to replace my APOGEE, but hopefully I get better results than THAT....
    i think you guys are missing what Niksub1 is saying...he is using a different test method then he previously used so you can't compare these temps to his old test....
    ...his new method more in line with the test i ran (we are both using intel TAT to load/heat the cores) ...

Hey Niksub1,
    Our delta's look pretty similar, besides the fact that these are 2 different test beds, mine are probably a bit higher since i was also overclocked.

(never mind i just saw that you were overclocked as well, i did use 1.7v however, maybe thats where the extra degs came from)
    Last edited by h20 frag-monger; 01-08-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    All of you moaning about the dT, run your C2D at 3.85Ghz with 1.56V then use TAT to generate 100% load. Now, please, stop with the nonsense.

Hamster Powered
    I am looking forward to seeing the comparisons when you get them done nik. Thanks for taking the time and effort for the test, we count on people such as you and a few others that we are sure will be very methodical and accurate.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

c[_]
    All of you moaning about the dT, run your C2D at 3.85Ghz with 1.56V then use TAT to generate 100% load. Now, please, stop with the nonsense.
    Completely agree.

Running a single core of my T7400ES under load with TAT is enough to overheat my laptop...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    got my Fuzion in earlier today and finally got the loop bled.... darn T-line!!

I'll burn the ceramique in overnight, but I've got to say my MP-05 SP LE never idled at 30C like this Fuzion. MP-05 was generally 32- 33C.

The only thing I don't really care for is the mounting plate. Why couldn't they have done it like the MP-05?? Trying to get the hairless holes lined up without the waterblock hitting the IHS is a pain... ugghhh. I do like the spring limiters though
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Hamster Powered
    I bet putting a small bead of clear silicone along two edges where the block meets the mounting plate to "glue" it into position would be the way to go. Thanks for the heads up.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:

I don't mean to be argumentative, nor did I mean to upset you. My C2D cannot run at 3.85, so kindly excuse me. 3.72 is all I can manage, but I have a space heater with four cores which puts out 130 watts of heat at stock speeds.

God knows how much heat is put out at 3.72 Ghz. Its hotter than I ever remembered for any cpu I've owned, and I've owned plenty of them.

All I know is that my ambients in my room are also about 22 degrees. The system still doesn't have a DeltaT of 43 degrees.

I will tell you that I don't know how taxing TAT is, but I have had all four cores loaded at 100% for more than a week now 24/7 without rebooting. It may not be TAT, but 100% load is still 100% load (using Folding@Home, which is pretty darn taxing), and at times Orthos on top of that, or some game. The system temps are not 62 degrees though.

I will go find TAT and try.

Xtreme Member
    good idea on the silicon thingy.

I couldn't wait... I loaded it up on Orthos and got 46-47C temps- steady for about 2 hours. Then I loaded it up on TAT and got 51-52C. I just ran TAT the other night with my MP-05 and was getting 55-56C.

This is with a fresh application of Ceramique on the Fuzion just this afternoon. The MP-05 runs were after Ceramique curing for about two weeks. I did have more than one mount on the MP-05, but this was the first mount with the Fuzion.

Needless to say I'm happy Now when my PA120.2 gets here.......
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Member
    I don't mean to be argumentative, nor did I mean to upset you. My C2D cannot run at 3.85, so kindly excuse me. 3.72 is all I can manage, but I have a space heater with four cores which puts out 130 watts of heat at stock speeds.

God knows how much heat is put out at 3.72 Ghz. Its hotter than I ever remembered for any cpu I've owned, and I've owned plenty of them.

All I know is that my ambients in my room are also about 22 degrees. The system still doesn't have a DeltaT of 43 degrees.

I will tell you that I don't know how taxing TAT is, but I have had all four cores loaded at 100% for more than a week now 24/7 without rebooting. It may not be TAT, but 100% load is still 100% load (using Folding@Home, which is pretty darn taxing), and at times Orthos on top of that, or some game. The system temps are not 62 degrees though.

I will go find TAT and try.
    TAT will run about 5-10C higher than anything else you throw at your CPU.... anything else.
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast