Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Xtreme Member
    I disagree shift, in many cases turtle's critics on waterblocks have been spot on, i'll think he'll bring the storm design to it's knees and convert all you unbelievers into potential customers, watch and see, thats my prediction

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
    Personally I'm not worried about turtle's block design, I want to see how this Fuzion performs in comparison to the storm, apogee, MP-05, and such.

No offense turtle, but your blocks are useless if they aren't available to the public If it is better that whatever is out there then get them available to the rest of us - less talking and start selling! Maybe send one to FCG to compare to all the other blocks
    Your correct . The only reason I was talking about our blocks is because D-teks is very close to the same design. I had to point out the same problem I myself ran into with my first top. Which was exactly like D-teks design.
    So D-Tec will not match Storm on a 2 core cpu. Now in all fairness I never tested that design on a 4 core cpu. So it could be = there but not better.

We have a lot going on right now. The guys wondering how come D-Teks bottom blocks are so much like ours. and why the top is the same as my first top. But its got to be luck. D-tec has a really nice block here but the top sucks plain and simple. Were tring to get the cars ready. I am trying to finish up on the PC cases. The Radiator Finish isn't quit what I want. But perfect quality requires time and patients.

Xtreme News
    Hey turtle, what do you think about this design? Stinger waterblock http://www.stingerwaterblocks.mysite.com/index.html A lot of people swear by it. I want your opinion and im looking for the best block right now. What do you recommend?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sladesurfer
    Hey turtle, what do you think about this design? Stinger waterblock http://www.stingerwaterblocks.mysite.com/index.html A lot of people swear by it. I want your opinion and im looking for the best block right now. What do you recommend?
    Well its crude . The dimpling on the bottom is good for creating turdulance. All around design is not bad but has many short comings.
    I really don't like to tell people to buy this or that . Storms are great . But for 4 core not. Also to restrictive. Should be cleaned at least 1 in the first 6 months. If no problems legthen maintenance time.
    The apogee is nice. There are some new blocks coming soon to market .

But to be honest . I really like these D-Teks / But I am bias because there alot like mine. But If D-tek changes their top design to a balanced flow setup.So all for corner returns work =. They should be as good as the best. So I would buy 1 of these . Than replace the top when D-tek gets the top right.

As far as people swearing by products. I am very spectacle about this in the forums . One never knows does one. The forums seem to be full of people pushing 1 product over another. Why? Special interest? Concern over others welfare? I just very doubtful about certain claims.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-05-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Xtreme News
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Well its crude . The dimpling on the bottom is good for creating turdulance. All around design is not bad but has many short comings.
    I really don't like to tell people to buy this or that . Storms are great . But for 4 core not. Also to restrictive. Should be cleaned at least 1 in the first 6 months. If no problems legthen maintenance time.
    The apogee is nice. There are some new blocks coming soon to market .

But to be honest . I really like these D-Teks / But I am bias because there alot like mine. But If D-tek changes their top design to a balanced flow setup.So all for corner returns work =. They should be as good as the best. So I would buy 1 of these . Than replace the top when D-tek gets the top right.
    thanks So do you have a link or pics of your block?

Banned
    My dad took the bottom block to the manager of the foundry earlier. They been great friends for 40 years. As far as the tops go right now I have only the molds. We are going a test run next week on the 500,000 ton injection molding set up. to check quality and flow.
    But I wouldn't show anyway until I release them. To many people in the business. read here.

I have been in the hydraulics,pneumatics and eletronics field for 20 years. Not as an overpaid Dumb ass engineer but I guy who has to fix there screw ups.

One of the most misunderstood things to do with PC watercooling is flow.
    Much like electro mechanical force in electronics.

Large tube lines Vs small . So much fud on this subject. Its not so much the size of the line but the force behind it. The worse thing is the fud usually gets proved to be correct. Why is that? Because you can't have a pump in a pc that sounds like a turbin. So the trueth is in a PC the pump is the limiting factor and not the size of the tubing.

Same with these little pumps that guys are puting new tops on for a straight shot out. Of course they will produce higher head. But they will also create more noise.
    There are 3 reasons for this.
    1). The impeller is closer to the outlet opening.
    2). The materials used are more dense than the injection molded tops.
    3) has everthing to do with 2, The added sound is called resonance.
    a).reflected. the denser material will reflect more sound rather than absorbing it.
    b).vibration the denser material will carry sound caused by internal vibration more. Instead of absorbing some of it.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-04-2007 at 11:49 PM.

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    please ignore my double post
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

The cost of the mold you qouted for the top is pure fud. I just payed for my top mold and it costed $5350. The cost of the Derlin molded tops is just over $2.00 + the cost of the mold. and the injection molder is a 500,000 ton.

fud, Dont think so Dude.

I worked here up until a mont ago. www.rosti.com as It Trainee.
    And I know for a fact that block´s are used to create thousands a molds will set you back in the price range Im talking about!

Only reason you can get it for 5000$ is the low amount you need to produce. Your molds will degrader over time.
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Banned
    What were you a trainee as, Tool and die . or a machine operator.

You should know perfectly well the cost of the mold is equal to the complexity of the molded part and its size . My mold is a single piece Mold(2 blocks) that makes the inlet outlet top block and the second block we refer to as the turbulator. I am lucky in the respect that I will operate the injection molder when we make parts. As I do all the maintenance work on the injection machines. shredders and cooling towers. Each die will last for more parts than i will ever sell . So you should know a mold life time has much to do with the operator . Since I will be the operator I will make sure the that the molds are properly setup in the machine. and water flow threw the dies gives me a good cook and the molds are lubed on ever cycle.. I do such a good job for this company a rarely get called in to do work. 4/5 times a quarter.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-05-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Believe me you all will have a big laugh when I show this. Thats only because . Your not going to see the big picture. In the end it is I who will laugh last. The best laugh of all. Anyone here ever work with the old Dec. Super computers. Mosts the cabinents were built at Speciality Enginnering in Maplewood MN. (Part of the Twin cities area) I built a lot of those . Look at the quality of those. WE did IBM also.
    that attitude will make you have no laughs mate and cry. dont insult the people you intend to sell to!! great strategy
    Chilled PC UK - Watercooling Parts, Any Custom work undertaken including Laser Cutting (any parts, grills, side panels, brackets etc), Anodising, Powdercoating , Custom Spraying and Airbrushing, Fabrication, Watercooling Installs and more all done to the highest standard.

International shipping no problem, even on Cases!

Nope I was IT.

But that is what I was told by my boss with is now head of It on the drilling platforms for A.P. Møller - Maersk A/S Oil and gas.

We produced things like parts for the http://www.senseo.com/en-UK/SenseoUS/SenseoMachines/

Im very sure of the number, I was told hundreds of thousands DKK and 100.000 dkk = 18000 $

It it is second hand information. Thoug Im quite sure
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by welshtom
    that attitude will make you have no laughs mate and cry. dont insult the people you intend to sell to!! great strategy
    Actually the radiator I will be showing will not be sold to the public. Its for our case only . What are you guys going to do with a rad. that uses 1" inlet outlet. Single 1" core with 48 lanes and 14 FPI. 3 pass cross flow that measures 20 1/2 inches heigt with mounting flange X 17 3/4" width with mounting flange . Flush mount. I just want to show off the quality of the piece. Trust me the cost is way high. But its effient and extremely pleaseing to the eye. You will see this before feb. No fans are intended to be mounted on the rad.(There will be plenty of air flow threw the rad) We will also gaurantee the rad will never ever need to be cleaned. The case itself is designed around the 6 loop water supply system using 6 flow contol metering Blocks. I pump will do the work. These will not go up for sell until after the fall IDF. Its very nice having relatives in high places. I have promised 1 member here a Rad. like this with smaller inlet outlets. for use in a MM case. That will be the only one. He may back down when he sees the price. But the quality and looks might make him commit.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-05-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosfer@tu
    Also injection molding is only for big companys because you have to speend 50.000 $ or more on the molds them self

And that is only for the plastic
    The tooling for a plastic molding is about 5.000 US$
    You have one zero too much
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Wondering how someone could critique my blocks without any research whatsoever (as I laugh all the way to the bank to deposit more checks).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well for now the d-tek fusion is the only block Im interested in seeing results on. I know Eddy_EK makes some amazing water blocks and I am confident Turtle 1 blocks will be awesome prices of engineering as well.

However turtles blocks are a bit off as far as availability.

However the main thing I want to see here is d-tek fusion results. I do agree that the mid top for the fusion is not what I expected and personally I would have done it differently with ought effecting cost.

So any news on the fusion?
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Xtreme Member
    How about taking the fueding to another post. Lets stay on topic about the OP.... the FuZion block.
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Quote Originally Posted by Fstfrddy
    Wondering how someone could critique my blocks without any research whatsoever (as I laugh all the way to the bank to deposit more checks).
    Who says he didn't do any research?
    And you can see the design of the block, so what's to research further than examining the photo's?
    Patriotism is the conviction that this country is superior
    to all other countries because you were born in it.
    -- George B. Shaw

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochenp
    Who says he didn't do any research?
    And you can see the design of the block, so what's to research further than examining the photo's?
    agreed

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelong
    How about taking the fueding to another post. Lets stay on topic about the OP.... the FuZion block.
    lol..yea still waiting on those numbers from nikhsub1

mine is already out for delivery and when i get back this evening I'll post some results
    For all your cooling needs: ShopPTS.com
    System:
    Rampage Formula // E8400 @ 4.0 (1.28v)
    4x 1GB Ballistix Tracer @ 600 (5-5-5-15)
    4x 74GB Raptors 16MB Raid-0 // Samsung F1 1TB
    eVGA 8800GTS 512MB @ 800/1111/2000
    Corsair HX620 // LG246WP
    Cooling:
    D-TEK FuZion // PA120.3 // 3x Yate Loon SH
    MCW60GT // EK Multi-150 // DDC-2 + Petra's Top

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fstfrddy
    I am sorry if you believe I am critiqueing your blocks I think they are excellant. The problem I see is the top . Since what you have brought to the market . Is being test by a member here. The results should show soon.
    Also I bet those results are very close to the results I had with my blocks using the same type of top. It almost sounds like you have done research yourself and discovered there are a few patients pending. I wish you great successs. I think you have a nice product that can be improved with a better top. Yes I know Molds are expensive.

Your right tho there is 2 things I don't know about your blocks.

What copper your using and how dense your casting are.

As for critiqueing. I could easily show EK a better top design for his blocks using injection molded derlin. Trueth is I wouldn't change that block because the benefits as far as effieiency are small compared to the looks of his gpu water blocks. There are trade offs. and thats a trade off I would never make. But you situation is very differant.

My test was conducted with C11400. We also know we can beat the storm . But not by much. But than its not a restrictive block which is a big deal.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-05-2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Additions

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by syne_24
    lol..yea still waiting on those numbers from nikhsub1

mine is already out for delivery and when i get back this evening I'll post some results
    I won't have anything until next week...

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Addict
    First of all I only recently started talking about water blocks . We have been working on them for 2 years with no success . Just average blocks.
    Than I was goofing around one day on an old pin block . Decide to try to get even turbulent flow across the bottom . Machined up a top much like this D-tek top . results weren't bad. But not = to storm. I went to bed not happy with the results. Got up the next day . Started to machine a new top. It was very hard to machine . After 3 days I got what I wanted put it on the base. We were actually better than Storm with a high flow block.

It won't be long until you see these. In all fairness we were trying to cut cost on the machine work to the bottom block. These things were going to cost a lot.So I decided on Silver only. I got cost est.for job shops with CNC mills. It wasn't until I seen the D-tek copper blocks were cast that I realized that castings would work just fine for both copper and silver. Scrape cut to the bone. Plus the fact I live very close to a great foundry.

A good friend of my dad is the manager. So thanks to D-tek we will have our blocks out in large quanities sooner than we had planned with scrape cost cut to the bone. It only took the Injection molding company 3 weeks to build the top mold. In the end. You can call fud I don't care. But I will be here smiling the day of release. I will be showing you guys a rad very soon .

Believe me you all will have a big laugh when I show this. Thats only because . Your not going to see the big picture. In the end it is I who will laugh last. The best laugh of all. Anyone here ever work with the old Dec. Super computers. Mosts the cabinents were built at Speciality Enginnering in Maplewood MN. (Part of the Twin cities area) I built a lot of those . Look at the quality of those. WE did IBM also.
    I wasn't laughing or poking fun; I just want to see your work. You sound very proud of it, so why not show some off? Even if it's not the latest/ greatest some of your past jobs, if NDA allows, would, I'm sure, be interesting and of use to the community.

I can't wait to see your new block! Will you post pics/ specs when you release?
    Components
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS840/ PSU: Seasonic X750/
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z68xp-ud4/ CPU: i5 2500k 4.2-4.8 GHz @ auto/
    VGA: EVGA GTX570 SC 940, 1880, 4500 @ 1.1v (Lucid dGPU)/ Memory: 8 Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866
    Storage: Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Samsung 470 128Gb SSD, WD Scorpio Black 750 (Scythe Quiet Drive)
    OSs: Win7 HP x86_64/ Kubuntu 11.04 x86_64
    Cooling
    CPU: Koolance CPU-370/ GPU: Koolance VID-NX580/ Rads: XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCR-220QP/ Pump: EK-DCP 2.2 (softmount)
    Fans: 3x Noiseblocker m12-S1 @~500-750rpm, 3x Scythe GT 800 @~450-800RPM, Cooler Master 230mm (softmount) @300 RPM
    Tubing: 3/8" x 5/8" Primochill LRT (black)
    Fittings: Koolance compressions and 45/90 degree fittings

Certified Quiet PC Loony

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoet
    I wasn't laughing or poking fun; I just want to see your work. You sound very proud of it, so why not show some off? Even if it's not the latest/ greatest some of your past jobs, if NDA allows, would, I'm sure, be interesting and of use to the community.

I can't wait to see your new block! Will you post pics/ specs when you release?
    As soon as the base is completed I will post pics. I will also mail one to fugger. I am trying to help my daughter and family. Your correct I take much pride in what we do . I am probably to prideful being second sucks. I have made a lot of mistakes in mylife. I won't allow pride to add to all those. I sent her to college and we are tring to build a business based on High quality at the very lowest prices we can. It's hard. Using my years of experience and her schooling I think her company has a great future. We been doing water cooled gaming PC's for quit some time. We use only the best components. I have seen what falcon does and the others. We can beat them on price at the high end and in performance . But we haven't had what they have . There own cases . We want our own Cases . I have tried many times to do a case the will grab att. But never really worked for us. Finally we got something . Even tho it will be at the Extreme end of prices It will be nice.
    Not for you guys . But for people who have no interest in self builds but still want the very best. So it kinda of threw our low price agenda out the window. Thats were the water blocks come in . High quility low price . Actually me and the daughter were discussing early this morning how badly I screwed up. All these years in the business and it never occured to me to cast the lower blocks. Hugh mistake.

I have talked way to much about our plans. Time to give thread back to a very good D-tek water block.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-05-2007 at 03:29 PM.

first post

I have been lurking here for a bit....but i just got my D-tek Fuzion hooked up and wanted to join in the fun...i did some quick testing vs the storm and apogee...i will post the results in a few

Xtreme Member
    h20 frag-monger thx i hope for some quick results just so we can compare those blocks, and wait for FCG to make a full test
    LD PC-V8 | i7 3930K |Asus Rampage IV Extreme| G.Skill Ripjaws Z | Sapphire 7970 | Acer GD245HQ |OCZ Vertex 2 E 120GB | Intel 510 120GB | Cooling XSPX RX480, XSPC RX360, Swiftech MCP35X-XSPC res top, EK Supreme HF Copper,T-balancer mCubed bigNG |

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast