Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA
    google Wiedemann-Franz ratio
    OK, but I didn't see anywhere a comparison of sterling silver and pure silver.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

derive the thermal conductivity from the electrical
    annealed Sterling is 80%, Coin is 84% (IACS electrical conductivity)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digz
    Coollaboratory Liquid Pro anygood for a Bow ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanut
    Why don't you test it yourself and post your results?
    What part of my Question /Idea did i suggest i had a QuadCore with a Bow in
    it. ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak

Even if that is the case, waterblocks that cool a large surface will still be needed to cool octocores with 2 quadcore dies, so current "large surface waterblocks" wont be useful just for current CPUs.
    I agree... the need for waterblocks that cool a large surface area is not going away any time soon as some have suggested.

Even when Intel has a single die quad-core, it won't be long before they have a eight-core dual die CPU... and so on.

I assume that the IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader) also does some "heat spreading"... therefore a larger cooling patch (ideally as big as the IHS itself) is beneficial with any kind of CPU covered with an IHS.

I asked a similar question earlier in this thread, and as Helmore explained, there is reason to believe that Intel will move towards a HT-like architecture, and when that happens, dual die packages will no longer be a reasonable option.
    http://xtremesystems.org/forums/show...&postcount=201
    But yes, since removing the IHS on LGA chips isn't exactly a good option, a larger cooling patch is desirable.
    Last edited by rjblanke; 01-15-2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2 | Abit AB9 QuadGT | 2GB G.Skill HK | 8800GTS 640 | Ultra X3 1000W | Silverstone TJ-09 | Water

Athlon 64 3500 @ 2.5 | DFI "Expert" | 2GB G.Skill HZ | Radeon X1900XT | Enermax Liberty 500W | Lian Li V1000B | Thermalright XP-120

Pentium 4 2.4C @3.0 | Abit IC7-G Max II | 1GB Geil DDR400 | GeForce 6800nu | OCZ ModStream 450 | TT Tsunami | Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu

c[_]
    HT will return.

Mutli-die packages will fade, return, fade, return, fade, return......

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    What part of my Question /Idea did i suggest i had a QuadCore with a Bow in
    it. ?

I'm sorry, my mistake. I assumed that you did and that you were asking if bowing would help your temps.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    All these Fuzion - Apogee GT threads are getting confusing

Xtreme Member
    All these Fuzion - Apogee GT threads are getting confusing
    That's because we're all confused. There is a lot of shocking new information that we have to validate, play around with, etc.

Yes I have seen it
    We Are Xtreme! Are You?

Free private ventrilo channels at vent6.gameservers.com port 4672.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I may have to build a special barb for this block to add jet function. What kind of thread does this have g1/4?

If i can get barbs in the correct thread and bore them out and if the barbs are brass under the chrome coating then I can definitely build a mini jet for it.

Any ideas on the size of the jets? I can do 1-3mm jets in a spread manner or continuous. Also any ideas on distance between jets and pins?
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    Wow, I'd say that is rather arrogant of you actually. Your testing is the 'end all be all'? I had no idea you were such an authority, I guess we should all just stop testing now! I have spent the better part of a week testing 3 blocks, being very meticulous about my procedures, my mounts, my TIM application, ambient temps etc etc. When I put out my mini review I wouldn't nearly call any of it 'definitive'. As clokker said, my results will just be added to the other people that have tested. Granted, I don't agree with your 'methodology', I don't see how one block can cure for 30 minutes while the other just 'feels' right at 15 minutes? That is a tale for another day though.
    I was not going to respond to the first part of your statement. I was not alone that night. . .merely one of a few testers. If OPP had posted the results, you wouldn't be calling him arrogant? Or Vince? I doubt it. Please don't ruin my opinion of you but attacking me. Where are your results? It is after the 15th so there's no more NDA for you. Either you will validate our data or confuse the issue. I am very curious just to see how these blocks compare to blocks I have no access to like the Storm G5 and G7.

I think both of the blocks are great blocks and could even be revised further to perform even better. I think either one has applications where it would have ideal performance.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy
    I was not going to respond to the first part of your statement. I was not alone that night. . .merely one of a few testers. If OPP had posted the results, you wouldn't be calling him arrogant? Or Vince? I doubt it.
    Don't doubt it, OPP, Vince whoever would have received the same comments.

Please don't ruin my opinion of you but attacking me. Where are your results? It is after the 15th so there's no more NDA for you. Either you will validate our data or confuse the issue. I am very curious just to see how these blocks compare to blocks I have no access to like the Storm G5 and G7.
    I'm not worried about opinions really, but I have not attacked you. I merely stated that I thought you calling your results 'definitive' is quite arrogant. My results (so far, much more to do) are below. Remember I dont have a quad core, just a 6700.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=130318

I think both of the blocks are great blocks and could even be revised further to perform even better. I think either one has applications where it would have ideal performance.
    OK

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

I am Xtreme
    I have some definitive results posted regarding the FuZion vs the new Swiftech Apogee GThere with permission from Gabe Rouchon, the CEO of Swiftech. Please don't start a flame war. . .this was just one test done to typify the results for a Kentsfield style die.
    Were you stating "definitive" as in actaul numbers vs speculation because of the look of the design?

He, Philly, when we all finally get togehter, I could bring up my G5. I don't know if anyone else has one.

I also have a white water cascade.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    HT will return.

Mutli-die packages will fade, return, fade, return, fade, return......
    Yes you are right, HyperThreading will return and it probably will in Nehalem. But rjblanke and I weren't referring to HyperThreading but to a HyperTransport like architecture from Intel (CSI), which we will most likely also get to see on Nehalem and it will also mean that it has an on-die memory controller. This on-die memory controller will make it very hard for Intel to make a dual-die-on-single-package CPU and that is why I think that dual-die CPUs are not the future. Yorkfield will probably be the last dual-die CPU we will get to see (in the "normal" consumer busines).
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

@Nikhsub

I seen what a difference adding a nozzle to the Fuzion made , my question now is, do you think it will make a difference if its done to the Apogee also?

I know the inlet isn't directly in the center, but I think it would be worth a shot!
    "Do not ask to find fault, ask to learn. For if the ignorant man asks to learn, then he is more knowledgeable than a knowledgeable man, who asks to find fault." - Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali A.S.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodtheman
    @Nikhsub

I seen what a difference adding a nozzle to the Fuzion made , my question now is, do you think it will make a difference if its done to the Apogee also?

I know the inlet isn't directly in the center, but I think it would be worth a shot!
    I would doubt that it would much, the inlet isn't in the center of the block so a nozzle wouldn't be shooting the water on the "hot spot" but rather next to it. That would be my guess anyway.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777
    Were you stating "definitive" as in actaul numbers vs speculation because of the look of the design?

He, Philly, when we all finally get togehter, I could bring up my G5. I don't know if anyone else has one.

I also have a white water cascade.
    Yes I meant definitive to mean that we had some data gathered from comparing the blocks under controlled situations. I am not trying to be arrogant, just trying to post the data we gathered.

Yeah, once I get back from Vegas, we will have to conduct some testing of our own. We'll be able to test with my new Intel set up as well as your AMD set up. . .that way between all the testing done we will have covered a variety of different CPU's and perhaps a performence envelope pattern will emerge.

I am Xtreme
    Well the dual core be tested? Or did I accidentally skip that part?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Dula core AMD and or INTEL?
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777
    Dula core AMD and or INTEL?
    I say do both. And for the AMD do it with and without IHS if possible.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
    I say do both. And for the AMD do it with and without IHS if possible.
    Hmmmmmm. . .wonder if I can trust my precious FX-60 to Phelan to remove the IHS. . .testing a naked FX would be tasty. . .

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Hmmmmmm. . .wonder if I can trust my precious FX-60 to Phelan to remove the IHS. . .testing a naked FX would be tasty. . .
    The storm should dominate that test, no doubt.

Just do it yourself Have you ever removed an IHS before? The FX really isn't different, except in your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    The storm should dominate that test, no doubt.
    Probably would, but that is the question. And if it does - I'm pretty certain it would - by how much does the fuzion lag?
    The Cardboard Master

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast