Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Xtreme Cruncher
    Whoa... G7, is like crazy.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Xtreme Legend
    The point being is I'm wondering how some people are complaining about "proven results" (well, it seems to be proven when it only agrees with what they believe, then it's otherwise false), and yet we're talking about a block that nikhsub1 has that doesn't have any additional testing on it outside of what Procooling originally did.

IMO, nikhsub1's results are justing showing the benefit of the G5's larger and more densely packed contact patch, which is what I always said could've been done to improve the G4 (larger patch).

Per unit area, JI is as good as it gets. Go read some of the research into Japanese tests on cooling of nuclear reactors. If the CPU's about nowadays are requiring larger contact areas, then the solution seems obvious (hence the G7).

I want to send Scott a G7 to test, but he tells me he won't send it back. :/

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathar

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Aint No Real Gangster
    The point being is I'm wondering how some people are complaining about "proven results" (well, it seems to be proven when it only agrees with what they believe, then it's otherwise false), and yet we're talking about a block that nikhsub1 has that doesn't have any additional testing on it outside of what Procooling originally did.

IMO, nikhsub1's results are justing showing the benefit of the G5's larger and more densely packed contact patch, which is what I always said could've been done to improve the G4 (larger patch).

Per unit area, JI is as good as it gets. Go read some of the research into Japanese tests on cooling of nuclear reactors. If the CPU's about nowadays are requiring larger contact areas, then the solution seems obvious (hence the G7).

after all the times you go and talk about poor testing methodology when someone says the storm loses to less restrictive blocks,

but now your supporting this uncontrolled testing? do you even know what his testing methodology is? he sure hasnt posted it, and its far from a controlled test from what we do know.

hmm... now why would you dislike uncontrolled testing when the storm is beat by another block, but when uncontrolled testing shows the storm ahead, you all of the sudden support it?

and it does not matter about jet impingment, its obviously on its way out. people want to be able to run mutliple blocks in a single loop without needing multiple pumps. people are finnally realizing that they dont need a expensive flow killed block to get the same or better results on modern chips.

and dont go and say "oh low restriction blocks are only around because they easy to make"

because look at this fuzion, multiple parts, and alot of machining/molding needed to produce it. AND to top it off, it doesnt cost 100$
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Banned
    D-TEK FuZion block, comparative results:
    http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=85

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    Nice writeup, FCG, as always. Good job.

Xtreme Legend
    Full of uninformed bias as always WSP. Whenever you're willing to actually back one iota of your arguments up with actual results, rather than opinionated rant, then people might actually start to take you seriously.

Really nice review, but a question, you mean that the d-tek fusion is better almost 3 Celcious from the apogee gt, in your review?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flou
    Really nice review, but a question, you mean that the d-tek fusion is better almost 3 Celcious from the apogee gt, in your review?
    My Apogee GT results will not been made public until the launch date (Jan 15th).

I am Xtreme
    @ FCG, great review once again I think I might replace my MP-05 Pro with this block some day.

@ Cathar & WSP, back on topic plz. Stop the back forth before it transforms into flaming. If you want to continue it please use the Private Messaging system the forum has. Thanks.

My Apogee GT results will not been made public until the launch date (Jan 15th).
    So, is it worth waiting?What do you think?

Xtreme Member
    I'm almost beginning to regret I started this thread.......
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Quote Originally Posted by cdelong
    If you hadn't done so someone else would have done it, the news in watercooling blocks are a lot, and remember that we expect to hear news from ocz and xoxide(if sometime he manages to construct it)

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS
    @ Cathar & WSP, back on topic plz. Stop the back forth before it transforms into flaming. If you want to continue it please use the Private Messaging system the forum has. Thanks.
    Sure. I'll make this point though for your consideration if you're moderating this. It does get a little tiring to have to weather a constant stream of unfounded attacks on one's work at every available opportunity, even when it is unrelated to the topic at hand.

I have no desire for it to become a flaming match. I do my absolute best to stay out of it altogether. I do find it interesting to observe that such is allowed to continue unchecked.

All waterblock development and progress is welcome. All progressive points of argument are welcome. Anything that moves water-cooling as a whole forwards is welcome. I see no such qualities issuing forth from WSP's comments other than to antagonise, even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

It is tiresome, to be sure.

Hamster Powered
    Full of uninformed bias as always WSP. Whenever you're willing to actually back one iota of your arguments up with actual results, rather than opinionated rant, then people might actually start to take you seriously.
    He obviously has some kind of hard on against the Storm. Nikhsub1 has the reputation on many forums for being a stand up guy who knows his stuff about water cooling. To question his test methods I think is an insult, he is not an unknown member that hasn't backed his knowledge up many times over. Many of us rely on certain trusted members for their ability, dedication, and honor to go the extra mile and help us understand the intricacies of the passion we call water cooling.

I would like to see WSP's credentials put up against Cathar's. So many people seem to take such pleasure every time that the Storm's ability is questioned. I still can't figure this out, is it the water cooling equivalent of penis envy?
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
    after all the times you go and talk about poor testing methodology when someone says the storm loses to less restrictive blocks,

but now your supporting this uncontrolled testing? do you even know what his testing methodology is? he sure hasnt posted it, and its far from a controlled test from what we do know.

hmm... now why would you dislike uncontrolled testing when the storm is beat by another block, but when uncontrolled testing shows the storm ahead, you all of the sudden support it?

and it does not matter about jet impingment, its obviously on its way out. people want to be able to run mutliple blocks in a single loop without needing multiple pumps. people are finnally realizing that they dont need a expensive flow killed block to get the same or better results on modern chips.

and dont go and say "oh low restriction blocks are only around because they easy to make"

because look at this fuzion, multiple parts, and alot of machining/molding needed to produce it. AND to top it off, it doesnt cost 100$
    His testing methodology is called real world testing, you know the way that a majority of the people uses their waterblocks. Sure its nice to have controlled data to fall back on, but not everyone can reproduce the results from lab setups. Everyone is clamoring over this, is because its something new to play with.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    I see no such qualities issuing forth from WSP's comments other than to antagonise, even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

It is tiresome, to be sure.
    Stew, this link is the best find yet on the internet http://xtremesystems.org/forums/prof...=ignore&u=7894

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    Stew, this link is the best find yet on the internet http://xtremesystems.org/forums/prof...=ignore&u=7894
    lol I didn't read the link when I clicked. Just saw xtreme and was expecting a thread. Scared the out of me for a second
    E8400 8x500=4000 | ABIT IP35-E
    2x2GB Tracer PC2-6400 1:1 500MHz 5-5-5-15 2.0V
    Galaxy 8800GT 800/2000/1100 1.3V | 80GB X25-M G2 + 1.5TB 7200.11 | XFiXG
    Fuzion | MCW60 | DDC2+Petra | Coolrad22T+BIP1

Merom 13x133=1733 1MB L2 0.950V

lol, but better back to the topic and show us the results! Anything done yet, or you will post tomorow?In how many hours?Because i am in Europe and there is different time zone!Can't wait!

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    flou, the G5 and the Fuzion have been tested so far, results a page back or so. Next up is the Apogee GT but those results can't be made public until the 15th. That apogee gt goes in tomorrow. I am getting a Swiftech storm as well probably next week.

Aint No Real Gangster
    nice work FCG.

that is how testing should be done. not just numbers flashed about without explanation of how they were obtained, but actual detailed results. with testing methodology clearly explained. this is what i was talking about when i mentioned reliable testing.

and cathar, if you want to continue this, pm me like the mods had asked. otherwise, it is over. im awaiting a pm as you never awnsered my question concerning the testing, only sidetracked around it. wonder why.

EDIT: and for anyone who is too lazy to read the results.

the fuzion beat the apogee and storm, and the apogee beat the storm. with the fuzion having better temperatures by as much as 3c when compared to the storm on a quad.

seems like pretty clear and reliable results on quad cooling.

that is also without mentioning that the apogee and fuzion loops would have better overall flow rates, which would make watering single or dual gpus much more effective, which is ideal with high heat dump gpu's coming.
    Last edited by WeStSiDePLaYa; 01-11-2007 at 08:25 PM.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

flou, the G5 and the Fuzion have been tested so far, results a page back or so. Next up is the Apogee GT but those results can't be made public until the 15th. That apogee gt goes in tomorrow. I am getting a Swiftech storm as well probably next week.
    OK, i will wait till Monday, i thought that you could post results. I guess you can't give any kind of information, even how it looks and the design. Thanks anyway for the previous tests, i have read them all!

Xtreme Member
    I will kindly donate my MP-05 SP LE for testing as well.

I'll need a $65 deposit till it gets returned... will ship with all 3 nozzles and hardware
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Legend
    FWIW, WSP, you have been attacking the Storm block for close to 12 months now. News for you. The present implementation of the Storm/G4 design is approaching 3 years of age now. Now we finally have a singular CPU implementation (which incidentally costs $900 while we're comparing the differences in w/b prices of $40), upon which the G4 block's 3yo design assumptions falter, and you suddenly feel validated?

Good for you.

In the meantime, and I'm sure that I speak for many, people appreciate the old work-horse for what it was, what it offered for 3 years for both IHS and non-IHS CPUs, especially for what it still offers on IHS-less CPU's.

None of that, however, gives you the right to automatically call into question the integrity of nikhsub1 over his testing of a more modern, more forward thinking, and higher performing variation of the Storm design.

I think what irks you the most is that all it does is validate what I've been saying all along. That the design itself is sound. That just because one particular aging implementation has finally met its match on an abberative split-die $900 CPU, that this does not automatically invalidate the design.

Sorry mate. The underlying design works well, whether you believe it or not.

Xtreme Member
    Eagerly waiting for nikhsub1 and FCG 's results on the Apogee GT.

I think this block will do fine in my system, it's a much needed upgrade from my mediocre*modded* Zalman WB-2.
    But it's nice to know it will still do well with the mid range C-System pump in my WC loop.

Even if the Apogee GT beats the D-TEK FuZion, if it still makes it on the winner's podium of mass production WB block, then it's good enough for me.
    D-TEK shipped mine out today can't wait to try it

Quote Originally Posted by cdelong
    Don't regret it. I find all the valuable testing presented here has been very refreshing; some people reacted in a positive manner, some not, but hey you cant please everyone...
    Last edited by Nanobot; 01-11-2007 at 09:13 PM.
    Asus P6T Deluxe, Core i7 920 @ 4.1ghz, Corsair Dominator Tri channel 1600Mhz
    Evga GTX285, Raptor 150GB, Corsair HX620

Apogee GTZ, PA 120.3, CM Stacker STC-01, DDC 3.1 MCP355/XSPC top.
    Win Vista Premium X64

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast