Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    I been wondering since your first lerker post. Thats some nice test equipmet you have.

So my question to you is this. Whats your relationship to D-Tek. If you have an agenda lay it out. AEG tactics suck. Your affectation in this thread, Leads myself to believe that you work with or at D-Tek. Come forward and say so. So all members know you have a bias.

I am sure you have legit questions about the second day of testing as do I.
    Differant times used in the test and the decision as to when to record a temp . All very questionable.

But these threads should not be used to promote products. Yes I know its being done and I won't mention any names . But its very plain to see. Maybe fugger should put a stop to it. I don't know .

But your approach to this thread is kinda upsetting to myself . With the equipment your using. Your far more than a casual participant. Lay out your agenda so we can make subjective decisions.
    Water cooling has been my hobby for a long time now, thats why i work in the field, however i work for SUN Microsystems not Dtek. "My" test bench actually belongs to SUN, i test cold plates and cooling solutions for servers for a living (as much as i would like to work for dtek or swiftech i think i can get better money doing this) and since the beginning i have always been a fan of Dtek i guess cuz they have become the under dog....

personally i feel that swiftech has alot of friends in the forums, and getting a real third party test is hard, thats why i ran my own tests....i trust my numbers,

i'm kinda pissed i spent all that time testing to get called out...i admit i'm a fan of dtek, (even though i have been running the storm for year never got around to getting an mp05)....im just excited that something can beat the storm...

I could care less what company makes the CPU water block I put in my rig..........just as long as it is the best. H20 Frag-Monger, I did not detect any bias in your testing and appreciate the effort. I actually use the Storm and like Swiftech, but I will put the best water block available in my computer. For now, that is very much in the air......getting interested in the Fusion and looking forward to some more unbiased testing.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by h20 frag-monger
    i'm kinda pissed i spent all that time testing to get called out
    Don't let a couple of baseless comments get you down...I think the majority of the people appreciate the time spent. I certainly do!

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Nice test h20 frag-monger!

Dont listen to every single person on this forum. There are a few people you can easily ignore

turtle_1, you better read what h20 frag-monger posted again. He never indicated to work for either Swiftech or D-TEK.
    And if he did, there are better ways to ask him.
    Now ots your turn nik and petra
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Addict

personally i feel that swiftech has alot of friends in the forums, and getting a real third party test is hard, thats why i ran my own tests....i trust my numbers,

i'm kinda pissed i spent all that time testing to get called out...i admit i'm a fan of dtek, (even though i have been running the storm for year never got around to getting an mp05)....im just excited that something can beat the storm...
    H20... your tests are much appreciated by many!

Your effort are very much appreciated. In my mind there is no 'perfect test' that would satisfy every1 and so there will always be some critisism but without people such as yourself to provide independent test results we would be nowhere.

All we can hope for really is as much test data as possible, from which averages can be drawn (and anomalies excluded!)
    Any arguements?

Xtreme Cruncher
    h20 frag-monger, you'll quickly learn that there are a few members here are mostly an annoyance and that it's better off ignoring what they say.

I thought that your testing was very well-done, and very helpful.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Philly Billy,

You first post DTEK won fair and Square by 5 degrees. This test was done with DTEK in the room ....then you say your limo has arrived and you are flying home.....

Then magically you are back testing blocks again with only Swiftech employees and say they beet the Fuzion by 3 degrees. So it made up 8 degrees difference....How many shares of stock did you get!

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    you'll quickly learn that there are a few members here are mostly an annoyance and that it's better off ignoring what they say.
    Haha, so true, check my sig

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrydog
    Philly Billy,

You first post DTEK won fair and Square by 5 degrees. This test was done with DTEK in the room ....then you say your limo has arrived and you are flying home.....

Then magically you are back testing blocks again with only Swiftech employees and say they beet the Fuzion by 3 degrees. So it made up 8 degrees difference....How many shares of stock did you get!

Is that necessary? Did you have to launch personal inflammatory remarks at PhillyBoy (edit: no less on your very first post in this forum) ?

{edit: I stand corrected. Swiftech is publicly listed}

The DTek block was brought by FreeCableGuy. I was not aware of any DTek representatives being present. In fact, I thought that the Swiftech Challenge was extended only to enthusiasts and was not meant as a corporate challenge between enterprises.

But I digress. Back to my point. Why flame PhillyBoy? Was it his decision to run a second test? Do you think he is profiting from any of this?

If you wanted to ensure fair play, perhaps you should have flown down to Vegas at your own expense and spent the time and effort.
    Last edited by IanY; 01-11-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Well, i do agree that the test was nice from h20!If possible one test in a cpu, would be great!

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Swiftech is not a publicly traded company. How can he have received any stock certificates?
    Orly? http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/060815/0154031.html

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Thanks for the information. I stand corrected.

12 pennies per share.
    Last edited by IanY; 01-11-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flou
    Well, i do agree that the test was nice from h20!If possible one test in a cpu, would be great!
    flou, i did a in system test, on my own rig on page 7....and Niksub1 should probably have some results soon? and he seems pretty unbiased to me

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=128458&page=7

flou, i did a in system test, on my own rig on page 7....and Niksub1 should probably have some results soon? and he seems pretty unbiased to me

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=128458&page=7
    Thanks man, you should know that there are a lot of people that appreciate your job&the time that you spend to share info!

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Well. I don't know if this is going to help, hurt or just confuse the situation, but these are my results so far in comparing the G5 to the FuZion. Keep in mind I used TAT to generate load - according to Roscal it is perhaps 20% higher heat output than the rated TDP. See HERE for more. I used Shin-Etsu G751 thermal paste and my IHS is lapped flat. I performed 3 mounts of each block - I let the paste burn in under load with TAT for 1 hour, then recorded the second hour. I then averaged the TAT log for the hour of all core temps. I measured ambient temps every 10 minutes during the test and those were then averaged. My CPU is a 6700 running at 3.85Ghz with 1.56V set in bios.

There are many unknowns here; heat output is the biggest factor that we don't know, we can guess but it is only a guess. Without that, we can not calculate a c/w. I did not (and will not, too messy) calculate flow rate. I can tell you that the Fuzion flows like no other I have ever seen. I could barely bleed my system with that sucker. My vid block (MP-01) remained in the loop for all tests. Rad fans were left on max.

Let me be the first to say that these results surprise me ATM. I know the G5 is good and I knew the Fuzion would not outperform it on a dual core cpu, but I did not expect this. I will start testing of the Apogee GT hopefully tomorrow. With those results perhaps we will get a clearer picture. I wish I had a Swiftech Storm to test as well but I don't. IIRC the G5 should outperform the G4 by about 1C at 100w or so. Anyway, here are the numbers.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    FWIW, I did not find much of a difference (in fact none) from the way i received the block (convex) to lapped flat.
    That's because it's going to be pretty much impossible to hand lap a convex shape flat. Simple geometry and some common sense says it aint gonna happen.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by falqon
    That's because it's going to be pretty much impossible to hand lap a convex shape flat. Simple geometry and some common sense says it aint gonna happen.
    Well it IS lapped flat now... so I don't really understand your post.

IIRC the G5 should outperform the G4 by about 1C at 100w or so. Anyway, here are the numbers.
    That implies that the G4 Storm would have a lower temperature than the Fuzion by at least 2 degrees C. Not questioning the results. Just affirming my understanding of your analysis.

Do you think that the fact that the cpu was lapped, helped Storm to outperform the fusion?Do you have a non lapped cpu?Just for the record.
    i think that i want a lot of things!

Anyway, good job to you also,though the situation got a bit more confused!

In the first place, how certain are we that all C2Ds are concave, and are concave to the same degree? What if a consumer has an AMD with a flat IHS? That convex FuZion block surface continues to trouble me.

Aint No Real Gangster
    according to that testing,

the apogee out performs the fuzion, as the apogee and storm in most cases are barely a few C apart, if at all. using the data provided in previous confirmed testing.

that however seems unlikely.

so either your testing is wrong, or the fuzion doesnt beat the apogee.

anyone else curious to the testing methodology?

Also, you say you lapped the fuzion. so right there all tests after that are voided when comparing the fuzion to anything else. as you changed the properties of the block, and how can anyone be certain you improved it?
    Last edited by WeStSiDePLaYa; 01-11-2007 at 01:42 PM.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    That implies that the G4 Storm would have a lower temperature than the Fuzion by at least 2 degrees C. Not questioning the results. Just affirming my understanding of your analysis.
    Well that would assume that my cpu is putting out ~200W. In theory, yes. But, theory is just assumptions. If I can get a hold of a G4 we would have a much better picture (at least in my system). No test is the end all be all. I simply am reporting my findings while doing the best I can with what I've got.

Xtreme Member
    Well it IS lapped flat now... so I don't really understand your post.
    I'm saying you didn't lap it flat, that would be like lapping a baseball, it doesn't work.

Well that would assume that my cpu is putting out ~200W. In theory, yes. But, theory is just assumptions. If I can get a hold of a G4 we would have a much better picture (at least in my system). No test is the end all be all. I simply am reporting my findings while doing the best I can with what I've got.

That's all that anyone can ask for.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast