Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Xtreme Cruncher
    whoa nice. The more I see these insane >3GHz overclocks, the more I want to do them looks like a new motherboard is on the shopping list..soon..hopefully...
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    cdelong I see what you are saying, however, there is no way that just the block change resulted in that much difference. What was ambient of both tests? Perhaps the MP-05 is clogged or messed up in some way? What I can tell you is that I have never had luck mounted the MP properly, I always got bunk mounts resulting in wild temps, perhaps this is exactly what you are seeing.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serialk11r
    Hmmm... I was looking, and saw that *some* people use the motherboard sensors to measure temps... very bad, very naughty... (asus aibooster and ai probe are off by like 10C!!! Core temp gives me 34C, and the aibooster gives me 23... very screwed up)
    I agree. Asus AiSuite and PC Probe are off a good deal. I like to keep MBM up because it seems to be tracking within 1-2C of Core Temp although it lags a bit. It's probably the polling interval of MBM making it lag?? I dunno??

Anyways.... I'm happy with my FuZion. Anyone want a MP-05 on the cheap?? MY BIX-II is going down the road as well soon..... as soon as Petra get's me my PA120.2 here
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Cruncher
    Coolingworks T22 is better than BIX, just telling everyone. Sorry to ruin your business opportunity. Well, just ebay it for like a good deal, and some |\|()()13 will buy it lol Actually, BIX might be better if someone was trying to go 100% passive because it has higher fin density. Oh and another story for you guys. I used to have my E6400 at 1.5 volts because I was stupid (2.66GHz, lol ya that was retarded, like really retarded *smashing my head against table*), and AiBooster and Ai Probe both read 29C. Guess what coretemp read? 47C!!! 18C difference!!! what kind of dumb reading is that???
    Last edited by serialk11r; 01-09-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    cdelong I see what you are saying, however, there is no way that just the block change resulted in that much difference. What was ambient of both tests? Perhaps the MP-05 is clogged or messed up in some way? What I can tell you is that I have never had luck mounted the MP properly, I always got bunk mounts resulting in wild temps, perhaps this is exactly what you are seeing.
    I'm sitting in my office 10ft. away from the thermosat in the hallway in my house. It's ALWAYS set to 68F since I have young children home all day and they tend not to sleep too well when it's cold at night. Even IF ambient was off 2-3F, that's probably (without getting calculator out) 1C at most.

I have the MP-05 for sale and should have taken a picture of the perfect pattern of Ceramique on it before I cleaned it off and put it in the box. The MP was also used on a E6400 prior to this E6600. I was expecting higher temps with the 6600, but they were nearly identical. When I pulled the 6400 out that seating looked darn good as well.

If anything could get a bad mount it would be the FuZion.... I do not care for the adaptor plate design. Why couldn't they just have made it one piece like the MP instead of having to fight with the separate mounting plate while holding the block on the IHS.... uggghhh.... I was cursing while mounting this block.

I'm not a salesman sitting here pimping my goods. I'm just happy with my purchase Who knows, maybe since I emailed and griped to D-Tek why it was taking so long to ship my order out, they sent me a "special" block

For those of you that take the plunge and buy one, I hope you are as satisfied as I am. For those of you that don't, I leave you in my dust ....JK....
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Member
    whoa nice. The more I see these insane >3GHz overclocks, the more I want to do them looks like a new motherboard is on the shopping list..soon..hopefully...
    3Ghz is given.... 3.5Ghz is pie...... 3.6Ghz and up you need to start giving 'er some juice.
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelong
    3Ghz is given.... 3.5Ghz is pie...... 3.6Ghz and up you need to start giving 'er some juice.
    For a P5N32-SLI-SE Deluxe, its not that simple... I hate you p5n32slise deluxe!!! argh I want to destroy it!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelong
    If anything could get a bad mount it would be the FuZion.... I do not care for the adaptor plate design. Why couldn't they just have made it one piece like the MP instead of having to fight with the separate mounting plate while holding the block on the IHS.... uggghhh.... I was cursing while mounting this block.
    I know what you mean. That's the ony thing I can't stand about my 6002. I'll probably end up epoxying it to the block sometime.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

H-F-M, I would love to see those results, despite the fact that they wont be representative of anything currently on the market.

Nik, I realy dont put alot of stock into any temps reported by any software reading from the cpu. Unless you have some new info about cortemp and C2D that I dont know, it isnt any more accurate than any other software that gathers core temps.

also, if you need to borrow any test equipment (I got a few things here) lmk. Only thing I'm really missing is my "calibrated" Swissflow from Ben.

I will test the three blocks (storm, apogee and fuzion) today on my test bench...

anyone know the results of the swiftech challange, i herd someone brought a Fuzion....any pics of the apogee gt anywere?

Banned
    Think i'm gonna buy a Fuzion at the over price it is, have it sent to the uk, my X6800 and Rd600 will be here when it lands and i'd have the tests up befor any one here has some proper tests over 24 hours i think!

I'm pretty much holding out on FCG.

What we want is just the overal idle and load temp knowing the delta.

!

Just got some word from the Swiftech challenge....Fuzion beat the Apogee GT by 5 deg! (not sure if it was C or F)... i was told that the Apogee they had some mounting problems: the copper was bowing and the test bed kept crashing but once they got got a reliable read from both, the Fuzion was colder by 5 deg? FreeCableGuy brought the Fuzion and walked away with the prize....wish i would have went now

I also heard that part of the secret to the Fuzion is a slightly convex base which makes for better contact and a thiner TIM layer once torqued down....

edit:
    I just took my Fuzion and spun it on the granite table here at work and it spins like a top! you can see the swirl marks it left in the center (now i need to go buff these out)
    sorry for the crappy camera phone pic
    Last edited by h20 frag-monger; 01-10-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Hehehe damn Its going to be sold out very soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Hehehe damn Its going to be sold out very soon ...
    im gonna buy another and put this one on Ebay...then use the money to buy a better camera phone

Can you please clarify further? Beat the Apogee GT at both the quad core test and the dual core test, or just either of those tests?

Banned
    OK, guys. . .I was at the Swiftech challenge last night. The limo is outside waiting to take us, but I will tell you in a word that the FuZion beat the Apogee GT fair and square by 5c. I was the one taking the temps and doing the averages. I will post detailed results along with many pics later today or tomorrow on the Swiftech Challenge thread.

Folks we have a new champ!! I will take this block and the Apogee GT home with me to compare it to the Storm and others.

5 degrees C? That's insane

Now I'm really interested in this block. What I would like to see is its performance directly compared to the storm/MP-05 SP LE/others on an IHS-less dual core opteron, on one or a C2D with the IHS, and then on a kentsfield (though I don't plan on getting one of those). Also the restriction in comparison to the others as well.

I'm thinking Petra should start stocking these things
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I've got some information from a contact at NCIX. You can expect Fuzions in stock in large quantities in a week or two, and they will be going out the door right off the bat at about $55CDN

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...-Tek%20Customs

Somehow I am very skeptical about the convex block surface, although I just ordered two haha

Quote Originally Posted by IanY
    Somehow I am very skeptical about the convex block surface, although I just ordered two haha
    Well many of these C2D chips are concave in the center so the convex base of the block might fit in that a bit better
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    man that's kind of embarrassing for swiftech. serial, i'll look into your motherboard and see if i can figure out a way to help

edit: oh thats nf4 eh? sorry dude
    E8400 8x500=4000 | ABIT IP35-E
    2x2GB Tracer PC2-6400 1:1 500MHz 5-5-5-15 2.0V
    Galaxy 8800GT 800/2000/1100 1.3V | 80GB X25-M G2 + 1.5TB 7200.11 | XFiXG
    Fuzion | MCW60 | DDC2+Petra | Coolrad22T+BIP1

Merom 13x133=1733 1MB L2 0.950V

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Nice to hear from the Swiftech challenge, so we finally have some numbers for comparisson.

Hopefully that block will be available in Europe somewhere at a affordable price.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak
    Nice to hear from the Swiftech challenge, so we finally have some numbers for comparisson.

Hopefully that block will be available in Europe somewhere at a affordable price.
    If possible, can you tell us the shop that will have it available in Europe?And when?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL at the swiftech challenge...for a premium set up that Fuzions a must.
    Nice to see things with a positive climax for once too.

Xtreme Member
    Coolingworks T22 is better than BIX, just telling everyone. Sorry to ruin your business opportunity.
    I see you posting that all the time, but you never back up your statement. Accurate test results please.

Oh and another story for you guys. I used to have my E6400 at 1.5 volts because I was stupid (2.66GHz, lol ya that was retarded, like really retarded *smashing my head against table*), and AiBooster and Ai Probe both read 29C. Guess what coretemp read? 47C!!! 18C difference!!! what kind of dumb reading is that???
    And you somehow seem to know what reading is correct or not?
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3015MHz
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3
    MSI nVidia GeForce 7900GTO
    OCZ Technology Titanium PC2-6400 2x 2GB
    Corsair HX620W
    Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB
    2x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 160GB

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast