Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen the D-Tek Fuzion yet??

Xtreme Member
    Welcome to Extreme Systems h20 frag-monger !

Eagerly waiting for you block comparison,it could not come at a better time
    Asus P6T Deluxe, Core i7 920 @ 4.1ghz, Corsair Dominator Tri channel 1600Mhz
    Evga GTX285, Raptor 150GB, Corsair HX620

Apogee GTZ, PA 120.3, CM Stacker STC-01, DDC 3.1 MCP355/XSPC top.
    Win Vista Premium X64

prelim results

I installed all three blocks into the same system. The computer uses an Intel X6800 processor placed in an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. The processor was overclocked to 3.8Ghz. I used the Swiftech MCP-655 pump and MCR-220 radiator for our loop. The blocks were installed and then I ran Intel’s Thermal Analysis Tool (TAT) at full load. I allowed each water block to burn-in for 8-10 hours and made sure the system reached equilibrium by measuring the water temperature in the loop and waiting for it to stabilize. Along with the temperatures taken with TAT, I measured the ambient air temperature during the tests. Here are the results.

Swiftech Apogee

Ambient: 20.2 °C

Core 1: 77 °C

Core 2: 75 °C

Average DT: 55.8 °C

Swiftech Storm

Ambient: 21.3 °C

Core 1: 75 °C

Core 2: 71 °C

Average DT: 51.7°C

D-Tek FuZion

Ambient: 21.2 °C

Core 1: 71 °C

Core 2: 71°C

Average DT: 49.5 °C

The tests show the fuzion has an average core temperature drop of 6.3 °C below Apogee and 2.2 °C below Storm.

apogee ambient 20 deg C

storm ambient 21 deg C

fuzion ambient 21 deg C

needless to say the fuzion will get to stay in my pc...im gonna see how high i can overclock now...

Banned
    Could you give us the bios temp reading. We don't have tat installed on wifes X6800 . She has a storm cpu @ 3.85. Pa 120.3.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Could you give us the bios temp reading. We don't have tat installed on wifes X6800 . She has a storm cpu @ 3.85. Pa 120.3.
    WTF good are bios temp numbers?

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Banned
    Well for those that have same M/B and water cool it couldn't hurt. Pc probe temps . will do just fine. For those with same M/B.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1
    WTF good are bios temp numbers?
    lol

im gonna have a beer take a break from testing...not sure comparing bios temps with 2 diff systems in 2 diff rooms would have any value

i'm interesed to see Nikhsub1's more indepth testing results...
    Last edited by h20 frag-monger; 01-05-2007 at 06:04 PM.

Banned
    Well I have to order one of these. Thats a real slap in the ass for the storm. But I guess to really know . I have to compare in the same system. Its even a better spread than we got. Color me impressed. 4c is allfully good.
    Does G5 even beat storm by 4c in same system . We only beat Storm by 1c and I was thrilled.

This is from post 111

And one last pic of it installed. I am doing an informal test between the G5 and this new Fuzion. Nothing ground-breaking or scientific. Basically, I am keeping track of ambient temps and then averaging them over a 24 hour period. In that same 24 hour period I let the Intel Thermal Analysis tool run. It records the core temp every 2 seconds... it spits out a log file. I then average all readings from the log file. I then subtract the average ambient temp from the average core temp to get delta T. Load is attained by FAH of course My numbers so far for the G5 are:

Average ambient = 20.372 C (6 records)
    Average coretemps = 43.524 C (120,919 records)
    DeltaT = 23.152 C

I had know idea the G5 was that much better than the storm.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-05-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Xtreme Member
    That Fuzion next to apogee shot you took really says it all.
    Lurker since Victor Wang's first Conroe thread
    Xtremely Silent Rig in the making.

I am Xtreme
    I'm well impressed even if it performed on par with the Storm it would be worth to swap due to the low restriction.
    This test shows it's even better.

I guess have to wait for ages for it to turn up somewhere in Europe.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Xtreme Member
    Is it worth getting even though I have a old dual core X2?
    Q6600 G0 | 4GB G.Skill | 2*74gb Raptors ADFD @ Raid 0 | XFX 8800GT | Gigabyte DQ6 | Corsair HX520W

Those peliminary results are way cool, h20 frag-monger.

Now await further results from the others for comparison's sake.

DFI LP NF4 Ultra-D (704-2BTA)|| AMD X2 3800+ @2800mhz || 2x1024MB PDP ELK DDR500 UCCC || 160GB Hitachi SATA || NEC 3540A || ATI Radeon X300SE 128mb PCI-E || Silverstone ST60F 600W
    Cathar G4 || BIGTS240 w/Yate Loons || MCP655

Checkout XtremeCooler Systems webstore to buy stuff if you're from Asia-Pacific or anywhere else in the world.

Banned
    Nice feed back there on temps. The base on the Fuzion, is it rather thick? Could it be machined down and then lapped so it's thinner thus less TIM to pass heat/cooling via?

Pete

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'm well impressed even if it performed on par with the Storm it would be worth to swap due to the low restriction.
    This test shows it's even better.

I guess have to wait for ages for it to turn up somewhere in Europe.
    Would it worth me stocking some in the UK? where are the people on here buying them from - direct from D-tek. If someone could pm me where they got them i can order one and test it for myself - then look at stocking them in the UK

Tom
    Chilled PC UK - Watercooling Parts, Any Custom work undertaken including Laser Cutting (any parts, grills, side panels, brackets etc), Anodising, Powdercoating , Custom Spraying and Airbrushing, Fabrication, Watercooling Installs and more all done to the highest standard.

International shipping no problem, even on Cases!

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Have a look at post #1.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thanks, i just realised that as soon as i posted
    Quite pricey little blocks
    Chilled PC UK - Watercooling Parts, Any Custom work undertaken including Laser Cutting (any parts, grills, side panels, brackets etc), Anodising, Powdercoating , Custom Spraying and Airbrushing, Fabrication, Watercooling Installs and more all done to the highest standard.

Banned
    No one in the UK does D-tek at all now, only left over stock. Yeah OTT on price! Tom i have an idea. Kinda too do with soemthing we chatted about the opther night. Get on MSN i'll let you knows it!

Xtreme Member
    I'm excited about getting this block on Monday I'm doing some testing on my partially new system. I have a MP-05 SP LE currently and just swapped out my BIX w/ 1 Sunon pulling for a BIX-II with a four fan push/pull.

Preliminary results with the MP-05 my load temps dropped from 56-58C loaded w/ 1.4875v to 47-48C loaded from just swapping the radiator. Ambient temps is 69F.... too lazy to do the conversion right now. That was only about an hour after installation and fresh Ceramique.

I'll do a good 8 hour Orthos run today and log averages from MBM. Then I'll do the same with the Fuzion on Monday/Tuesday.
    ASUS P5B-Deluxe
    C2D E6600 @ 3.525g
    G.Skill 2x1gb PC6400 HZ's
    2x Seagate 400gb SATAII HDD's
    PNY 7900GS @ 450/1320mhz
    Lite-On SATA and IDE DVD-RW
    OCZ GameXTreme 600w PSU
    D-Tek FuZion "bowed"
    LAING D5
    Thermochill PA120.2
    2x Scythe SFF-21F's

Banned
    Nik

Will you be running the 2x DDC Ultras in Series on this block? Also your pumps with Petra tops?

I was thinking about running 2x DDC Petra Ultras in Series with this block on my PA120.3. The flow and presure should give some amazing cooling i think.

Hamster Powered
    I will wait for nikhsub1's results before I make a decision. Every bit of test data that we can get helps add to the overall picture even if they are not certified test beds. Real world does count.
    Thanks guys...
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Banned
    Look like they have a nice base aera for a tec for the guys that still do that

Banned
    Ya I want to see more results. But its looking good.

I was telling you guys that my dad took my bottom to the foundry were his good friend of 40 years manages.

Well 8 this morning my dads at the door with Terry the person I spoke of.

I invite them in for coffee and we sit down to talk. Terry says I am sorry we can't cast your parts. I am really depressed when he tells me this, but I can't help but notice my dad has a eating grin on his face. Terry says however We have some equipment from our proto type department I can sell ya.
    I says oh ha whats that. He says 1 induction casting system with argon gas.
    and 1 Centrifugal casting machine with Vacuum and argon gas. Now I haven't a clue what he's talking about and I tell him so.

I said shop is pretty crowed as it is. So when can I take a look at them.Terry says right now there out in the pick up.
    So we go out and look at them . I looked at them and says they look new. Terry says we bought them in March of last year.
    These things are not real big at all. I said how much $$. Terry says $1500. I said man that seems cheap. Terry says your not even paying the sales tax that was on them. So I said I don't know anything about casting parts . Terry said next week come in and we well teach you everthing you need to know. Well I said I can't I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow to go to CES.

Thats Ok he said when you get back is fine. Than I said I don't know anything about makeing cast for this stuff . He said well show you that when we teach you to operate the equiment. I said I am sharp but not that sharp.
    Terry says both these machines use the Lost wax casting system .
    I look him straight in the eyes and says So whats that never heard of it.

He said you will love it. You can copy any part and cast it as a perfect copy that will fit the capacity of the machines. Now I am getting excited.

I said ok and right him out a check. I open the shop door and he backs the truck in and we unload the equipment. Niether machine was over 400 pounds. He says one more and I said you said 2 machines. He said you have to have A kiln to lose the wax. Well now he talking another language . But man the dam thing was heavy had to use the shop over head hoist to get it out.

Terry said see ya at the foundry in 2 weeks I said ok . Then him and Dad left.
    All I can say is those to guys must really be good friends for me to get a deal like this.
    Now I just hope I can learn to run this stuff. Terry also said I can by silver copper and gold grains threw them . Ya right like i am going to buy Gold .
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 01-06-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^^^^ errrm random post

Lets get some more testing done on these blocks then guys? Im going to order one this week (god knows how long it will take to get here though).
    So i'll post my results then (on an aging X2 3800 system )

Tom

Banned
    Tom i'll get one with ya. Temotemed to mod the hell out it to use on a 437~W tech and my RD30...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Ya I want to see more results. But its looking good.

I was telling you guys that my dad took my bottom to the foundry were his good friend of 40 years manages.

Well 8 this morning my dads at the door with Terry the person I spoke of.

I invite them in for coffee and we sit down to talk. Terry says I am sorry we can't cast your parts. I am really depressed when he tells me this, but I can't help but notice my dad has a eating grin on his face. Terry says however We have some equipment from our proto type department I can sell ya.
    I says oh ha whats that. He says 1 induction casting system with argon gas.
    and 1 Centrifugal casting machine with Vacuum and argon gas. Now I haven't a clue what he's talking about and I tell him so.

I said shop is pretty crowed as it is. So when can I take a look at them.Terry says right now there out in the pick up.
    So we go out and look at them . I looked at them and says they look new. Terry says we bought them in March of last year.
    These things are not real big at all. I said how much $$. Terry says $1500. I said man that seems cheap. Terry says your not even paying the sales tax that was on them. So I said I don't know anything about casting parts . Terry said next week come in and we well teach you everthing you need to know. Well I said I can't I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow to go to CES.

Thats Ok he said when you get back is fine. Than I said I don't know anything about makeing cast for this stuff . He said well show you that when we teach you to operate the equiment. I said I am sharp but not that sharp.
    Terry says both these machines use the Lost wax casting system .
    I look him straight in the eyes and says So whats that never heard of it.

He said you will love it. You can copy any part and cast it as a perfect copy that will fit the capacity of the machines. Now I am getting excited.

I said ok and right him out a check. I open the shop door and he backs the truck in and we unload the equipment. Niether machine was over 400 pounds. He says one more and I said you said 2 machines. He said you have to have A kiln to lose the wax. Well now he talking another language . But man the dam thing was heavy had to use the shop over head hoist to get it out.

Terry said see ya at the foundry in 2 weeks I said ok . Then him and Dad left.
    All I can say is those to guys must really be good friends for me to get a deal like this.
    Now I just hope I can learn to run this stuff. Terry also said I can by silver copper and gold grains threw them . Ya right like i am going to buy Gold .
    Turtle please bring the OT to a new thread. Any further OT in this thread will be deleted, and you'll get a warning. Thnx.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast