Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Wii Game

Xtreme Addict

Best Wii Game

We all know Zelda is the best game on the Wii right now. But what would be the 2nd place game for everyone. So far I love Madden '07. It is pretty good and I like the way they used the Wii Remote for the game controls.

I have heard mixed reviews on Red Steel. Just wondering who actually has it and what they think of it and any other games you guys might have. I want reasons why. Not just people saying this game or that game is good.

Thanks.

27" iMac
    3.06GHz Core 2 Duo
    8GB DDR3
    1TB HDD + 2TB Ext + 1TB Ext
    ATI HD 4670 256MB

20" iMac
    2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
    2GB+1GB G.Skill DDR2
    320GB HDD
    ATI HD 2600 Pro 256MB

16GB iPhone 3GS

GamerTag: ugp
    GamerTag: SadisticPuppets

Red Steel was good in concept but poor in execution. It looks a lot better than it plays.

From all the reviews I have read Twilight Princess is the only game that has done the Wii any justice yet. If I had to choose a second I would go with Rayman: Raving Rabbids.

Look for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption early next year.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    the only game i would play is Wii + sledge hammer = the only fun it is, plus the graphics are better

Quote Originally Posted by flclisgreat
    the only game i would play is Wii + sledge hammer = the only fun it is, plus the graphics are better
    If that's the case, then thread isn't for you. Go spam elsewhere.

Soul, thanks for the heads-up on Metroid. Metroid is a great game, that's been around for a long time! I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

I'm also hoping StarFox will come out. Since, the idea of using the controllers to control your ship seems awesome!

Xtreme Member
    then only game that might be worth it is a star wars game, and the whole game has to be light saber battles. c'mon it would be cool as he!!.

I thought Raving Rabbids was a pretty good game, though im still waiting for the next metroid which i have no doubt will be awesome on wii..

And to tell u the truth, i enjoy the gamecube zelda more than the wii version, graphics r exactly the same and the controls just feel a little better to me on gamecube.
    e4300 @ 3.2ghz 1.38v (lapped) | Gigabyte DS3R | 2x1gb of Micron D9 667 @ 712 5-4-4-12-2t @2.1v| Sapphire HD3850 256mb 775/1044 | OCZ StealthXStream 600w

Quote Originally Posted by flclisgreat
    then only game that might be worth it is a star wars game, and the whole game has to be light saber battles. c'mon it would be cool as he!!.
    Yeah that would be a lot of fun, as long as your character follows your exact movements. In Red Steel, there are pre-programmed swings and actions that you activate by swinging the wi-mote, it doesn't follow your actual swings so you can't really "swordfight" like you want.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Yeah that would be a lot of fun, as long as your character follows your exact movements. In Red Steel, there are pre-programmed swings and actions that you activate by swinging the wi-mote, it doesn't follow your actual swings so you can't really "swordfight" like you want.

thats pretty gay imo. i didn't know that. they def. need to make a proper sword fighting game

Xtreme Member
    red steel is garbage. Wii sports is pretty darn good...So is rayman

CPU Z:2700 2k1:27952 2k3:12282 2k5:5763 PCM05 AQ3
    Opteron 165 s939_____OCZ RAM/PSU_____BBATI X800xl

Xtreme Cruncher
    i got red steel, it's ok, good for a change in pace from the usual nintendo games, i also got Rampage Total Destruction, it includes the original rampage and rampage world tour and if you liked the older ones you'll probably like Total Destruction

|Rig: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor|6gb DDR2 800|Dual 250gb Western Digital RAID0|8600GT|

(12:16:17 AM) OC3D NoL: NOL EAT ANNOYING NOOBIE
    (12:16:19 AM) OC3D NoL: RAWRRRR

System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    If you like puzzle games, Super Monkey Ball is great. The party games in the new one aren't as good as the old one, although there are 50 of them..

Xtreme Cruncher
    Madden 07 (i'm getting next) followed by Metal Slug Anthology and then either Rayman raving rabbids or trauma center: second opinion.
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Addict
    wii sports ftw!!
    "Roses are FF0000, Violets are 0000FF, All my base are belong to you."
    Asus P6X58D-E
    I7 930 @ 3.9
    Asus 660ti DirectCU OC
    Antec Twelve-Hundred

Xtreme Enthusiast
    carbon is one of the most fun games for the wii... the steering wheel factor is soooo fun... takes a good 10 mins to get the hang of it... also i have it on my computer with a ps2 controller, as well and it just isn't nearly as fun without the wiimote..

far cry is fun.. graphics SUCKKKKKKKK...... but the gameplay and missions are pretty good...

splinter cell.. well im a SC fan and all i have to say is why didint these controllers(wiimote / nun chuck) came out a long time ago.. it makes the game 2 times more fun..

jsut give the developers more time.. the controllers are a big part of the games. so if the controllers are set up nice. the games will be more fun to play..

my 2 cents

Xtreme Member
    Mario Galaxy...rediculiously awesome. Can't wait to buy it myself in april...

Xtreme Member
    Trauma Center is awesome
    Intel D975XBX2
    X6800 ES @3.6 Ghz
    4X1024MB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold Dual Channel 4-4-4-12
    2x500GB Western Digial SATA II HDD-Raid 0
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512MB
    Corsair HX620W
    Water loop: Storm,D5,Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL, Coolingworks 32T
    My Stacker

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ugp
    We all know Zelda is the best game on the Wii right now. But what would be the 2nd place game for everyone. So far I love Madden '07. It is pretty good and I like the way they used the Wii Remote for the game controls.

I have heard mixed reviews on Red Steel. Just wondering who actually has it and what they think of it and any other games you guys might have. I want reasons why. Not just people saying this game or that game is good.

Thanks.
    I have Zelda, Madden, Red Steel, FarCry, Rapala Tourny Fishing, and CoD3. I seem to find time to play all of them to be honest with ya, and none of them dissapoint me. Whenever I sit down and start playing any of them I get sucked in for hours at a time. None of them bore me or displease me enough to stop playing. I would however say that out of that batch of game FarCry is probably the most poorly executed game, but it's still VERY fun (in my book at least). The only thing I've noticed about FarCry that really pisses me off is the fact that you have to be close enough to the TV or it tells you to move closer, and on my bigscreen I have to sit about 3 feet in front of it in order not to get that message, totally get's annoying.

The gameplay of CoD3 is amazing, I love the CoD franchise all together, very very fun games and great maps/scenarios. I definately suggest you give it a try if you haven't already. Red Steel is also great but the controls could use a little work, the graphics are pretty good in this one for the Wii as well.

Rapala Tourny Fishing is an absolute blast. My dad and I take turns reeling in the lunkers. It reminds us both of a game that I had for Super Nintendo that we would play hours of. Fishing + Wii = made for each other, same with golf games. I'm eagerly anticipating the launch of Woods '07 for the Wii. Back to Rapala Tourny Fishing, the gfx aren't all that stunning, but it's a damn fishing game, do the gfx really matter all that much? The controls are good and fighting the fish is pretty realistic, the only turn-off is the viewing angles of your lure, they are limited and it can get frustrating at times. Rapala did do a great job of including a great array of fishing gear, upgrades, and unlocks. You can use every Rapala lure made in all of the official colors, and choose from a good assortment of lines for example. As you work through the tournaments you also unlock additional lures and bigger, badder, faster bass boats from Ranger and Lund. Great game, also highly recommended if you're in to that sort of thing.

But as we all know, the best game ever for the Wii is by far Zelda. With the graphics engine being coded specifically for Hollywood and the controls designed solely around the Wiimote it's a sureshot winner both visually and gameplay wise.

I have also heard great things about Trauma Center, I'm thinking about picking that up next.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yup, i want to get Half-life 2 for my PC so i'm going to skip madden for the Wii and get trauma center
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Cruncher
    Rapala Tourny Fishing sounds cool, I was a big fan of Sega bass fishing in the dim & distant past on my Dreamcast

I can't get into CoD3 at all, I literally couldn't hit a barn door with a machine-gun in that game, so I've given up on it The Rayman game kept my attention for an hour or so but I've not picked it up again either. I'm too busy playing Wii tennis now the gf has finished Zelda

Xtreme Member
    The Wii Sports tennis game. My arm is killing me!

Xtreme Addict
    Wario Ware just came out. My friend and I spent HOURS after shcool playing it. Its so fecking fun its rediculous. Vibrant, colorful, goofy, paper mario-ish graphics; funny sounds and cool music; but the varienty of microgames is staggering. Not only are there a butt-ton of games, theres a variations in every one of them making for a completely random experience. Its super duper fun, but i imagine it wouldnt be as great by yourself. If you dont have buddies to play it with, it might not be that good.
    Rayman is very funny also. Games are fun, but not as plentiful as wario ware.
    Looking forward to the new mario game, Wii Play (basically another, better wii sports with more/cooler games) in Feb. or Mar., a mario party, and the Smash bros game which is due June 1st IIRC.
    "Roses are FF0000, Violets are 0000FF, All my base are belong to you."
    Asus P6X58D-E
    I7 930 @ 3.9
    Asus 660ti DirectCU OC
    Antec Twelve-Hundred

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I've had my wii for 1 month.

Played wii sports, wii play, wario, excite truck, monkey ball, tony hawk.

The best game so far is excite truck without any doubt. I don't know what it is, but sometimes I can't put the wiimote down.
    Monkey ball was cool too. I'll be looking to rent Zelda to see if it's worth buying.

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've gotta go with either Rayman or Wario.

the fast paced nature really draws me in and the fact that if the Wiimote doesnt react how i would hope within 10 seconds im immersed in another game.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet2urbrain
    Rayman

Really? I thought about renting Rayman from gamefly a few times. maybe I’m bump it up in my queue.
    Last edited by JAWS; 02-27-2007 at 04:23 PM.

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast